• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Everton Deducted 10 Points

southendkid

Director⭐
Over a FFP breach. Everton gambled money they didn't have in the hopes that they'd finish high enough up the table to win back the losses in prize money, when that didn't happen it meant their losses were higher than the league allows. Sounds like the kind of thing Ron would do.

Ten points for 2 charges.

It will be interesting when Man City finally get punished for the 115 charges outstanding against them !!!!
Or Chelsea, or Newcastle, or Manure, loads of them have been cooking the books for decades.
Arsenal may be the only big club to have played by the rules, hence why they dropped away from winning anything for years.

Or Chelsea, or Newcastle, or Manure, loads of them have been cooking the books for decades.
Arsenal may be the only big club to have played by the rules, hence why they dropped away from winning anything for years.

Others have spent huge sums of money but City are the ones with the charges against them and it seems only there expensively assembled legal team have prolonged the process thus enabling the team to achieve more success gained through unfair financial advantage.

The problem is those teams have spent a lot of money covering their tracks so it's very hard for the PL to prove anything. They are trying to go after City but they've got an army of lawyers to deal with so it's slow going (even if the PL are dead set on punishing City I imagine City can afford much better lawyers than the PL can).

Everton on the other hand didn't hide anything because their owner arrogantly thought their 2021/22 team would finish top 10 rather than 16th, and if they'd done that then the extra prize money would have stopped them from breaching FPP. That made it very easy for the PL to punish them because their finances were an open book.

I'm not a fan of FFP so from that point of view it's harsh clubs like Everton get punished for wanting to be successful. These rules aren't good for our game and should be abolished! How is any team with ambition and money behind them going to be successful if we have these stupid rules in which only came in because of portsmouth off field issues years ago...... if these rules are mandatory going forward I fear we will just keep seeing the same sides at the top of the pyramid, this isn't good thing for English football. Why are we in world where smaller club with money can't be ambitious..... totally an utterly wrong in my opinion.

I'm not a fan of FFP so from that point of view it's harsh clubs like Everton get punished for wanting to be successful. These rules aren't good for our game and should be abolished! How is any team with ambition and money behind them going to be successful if we have these stupid rules in which only came in because of portsmouth off field issues years ago...... if these rules are mandatory going forward I fear we will just keep seeing the same sides at the top of the pyramid, this isn't good thing for English football. Why are we in world where smaller club with money can't be ambitious..... totally an utterly wrong in my opinion.
The fact that you think the only way to succeed in football is overspend is exactly why FFP rules are needed. However, for them to work they need to have teeth and be robust.

The fact that you think the only way to succeed in football is overspend is exactly why FFP rules are needed. However, for them to work they need to have teeth and be robust.
For me, and the little I understand of the rules and the implementation of them at present, the FFP are not well structured or thought through.

There does need to be governance and oversight on FFP but also standards of pitch, ground, contracts and competition balance.

A case in point is the hoarding of young talent by big clubs of young players and all that entails.

the problem is clubs spend themselves into oblivion, that needs something doing about it. Brighton and Brentford have done pretty well for themselves in recent years finding a way to be successful without being taken over by a despot sportswasher

the problem is clubs spend themselves into oblivion, that needs something doing about it. Brighton and Brentford have done pretty well for themselves in recent years finding a way to be successful without being taken over by a despot sportswasher
Haven't Brighton lost over 250m on 4 seasons and in debt to owner by around 500m?

I think the balance needs to be more about the Fair Play part than Financial solvency. ManC or Newcastle won't be "spending into oblivion" as they have almost limitless $$$ backing. It does force other clubs to spend if they want to win anything or just stay at the same level.

Could care less about these clubs, it’s the fans who suffer who pay week in week out I feel sorry for
Similar to our plight, the so called men who run the club get away light, whilst fans and lower staff suffer

Back