• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Everton Deducted 10 Points

The fact that you think the only way to succeed in football is overspend is exactly why FFP rules are needed. However, for them to work they need to have teeth and be robust.
How else can clubs attempt to compete with the likes of city, Chelsea, utd, without spending money?

Everton getting punished for spending money to try achieve something meaningful for its club and fans is harsh. This isn't club in league 2 buying players when there's **** all income coming in.... Everton owner is billionaire and has put lot of money into that club but unfortunately has not spent it wisely. FFP is hurting clubs not helping.

I will only be happy when these clubs with limitless dollars **** off and form there own european super league, clubs like Man city ,Man utd, Newcastle etc etc ,along with Barca, Real Madrid, Juventus, the Milan Brothers Byern Munich, and any others that wish to join them .English football would be better off without them .

How else can clubs attempt to compete with the likes of city, Chelsea, utd, without spending money?

Everton getting punished for spending money to try achieve something meaningful for its club and fans is harsh. This isn't club in league 2 buying players when there's **** all income coming in.... Everton owner is billionaire and has put lot of money into that club but unfortunately has not spent it wisely. FFP is hurting clubs not helping.
As I said, through proper, robust FFP rules.

I think the balance needs to be more about the Fair Play part than Financial solvency. ManC or Newcastle won't be "spending into oblivion" as they have almost limitless $$$ backing. It does force other clubs to spend if they want to win anything or just stay at the same level.
it's not the sportswashers spending themselves into oblivion, it's the ones with limited resources who spend as if they had unlimited resources. see the Championship and clubs spending twice what they earn on wages alone.

it's not the sportswashers spending themselves into oblivion, it's the ones with limited resources who spend as if they had unlimited resources. see the Championship and clubs spending twice what they earn on wages alone.
That is, was my point.
We saw what Wrexham did with their inflated wages and big buys, at present they are getting away with it BUT my guess is, by even the figures for loss they announced recently, that they have broken the current FFP for 2 of the last 3 seasons.
And going by what the Derbyshire Times is estimating for today's opponents wage bill, when they are paying some £4k a week, they too are likely in breach.

Haven't Brighton lost over 250m on 4 seasons and in debt to owner by around 500m?
Yes, people keep thinking Brighton are doing really well financially. No they are not. Tony Bloom has put in £499m, and then leant another £70m. They lost £270m in the 4 seasons up to 2022. Then they made a profit from selling their best players, and the Manager Graham Potts going to Chelsea for £21m. It only looks good on the surface. Without Tony Bloom's cash injections, they would probably be near the bottom of the Championship with a squad they could afford.

Any club found guilty should be given a stern talking to and told not to do it again.
Like this

Reading owner Dai Yongge must either "fund the club adequately" or "make immediate arrangements to sell", the English Football League has said.
The EFL previously pushed for Yongge to be banned from all footballing activity for 12 months in an attempt to force a reset at the club. But while an independent disciplinary commission said it was “unimpressed” by Yongge’s financial failures, it felt banning him would not help source the funds required to meet the club’s bills.

Who gives a sh*t ! Not me !

None of the Prem clubs or their fake supporters gave one thought when we’re close to oblivion. Can’t wait to see who’s next…

Hopefully Newcastle, Chelsea or Manc Citeee

The premiershite is starting to creak and sway as predicted by many, good luck when the dam breaks.
I doubt it, the sanctions here are because the clubs spent too much money, not because they don't have enough. It will warn other clubs to stick to the spending rules but they've only been able to spend this much because the madness of top flight salaries has showed no sign of stopping.

Who gives a sh*t ! Not me !

None of the Prem clubs or their fake supporters gave one thought when we’re close to oblivion. Can’t wait to see who’s next…

Hopefully Newcastle, Chelsea or Manc Citeee

Not all Prem clubs have “fake” supporters.

Look at the numbers that used to go to Man City in the old third division for example.

Yes, you get a lot of people who have the shirt, watch games on tv but have never been to a game, but sometimes that’s because tickets are almost impossible to get hold off.

Yes the money at the top of the game is obscene, that’s a given, but Prem clubs have die hard supports too like those in the lower league clubs too.

WHAT i understand about the 19.5 million Everton are in trouble for is its accrued interest on the loan taken out to build there new stadium, has nothing to do with the running of the club as in wages ,transfers etc They are building a new stadium for the community and getting a points deduction for doing it .Seems a bit harsh to my way of thinking. What if our consortium need to take out a loan to refurbish RH which is a community asset and we accrue a small dwbt because of the interest charged on t and get a 10 point deduction from the football league would you all be happy .I wouldnt .

Reactions: jnl
Stan commenting on Citeh lack of punishment, but the PL aren’t going to penalise their big teams for fear of a Euro Super League exodus? I speculate…

Totally this, they are bricking themselves that the so called elite will leave, not realising it will benefit clubs if they go, for one thing it will encourage more English players coming through the ranks.
Once the big 6 go, it will be a better league for those left, and give it a few years when its dominated by 3-4 clubs, the so called lesser big teams, will have nothing to play for and begging to return as supporters will not want nothing to play for in Europe, but mid table mediocrity and some new named mickey mouse cup and that's only because the bigger teams do not field a full strength team.
Good riddance to them, but once gone, no coming back, you start in the Olympian league

I wish they would go to some Euro Super League it will benefit English football no end,benefit English players coming through the ranks .Ad we will get back to having good well contested leagues once again ,not just for those big clubs , Hopefully money would be distributed more equally benefitting a lot of smaller clubs .

Back