• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F1 2012

No great loss or surprise! Trulli's been treading water the last two years there and been absolutely destroyed by Kovalainen.

Rubens is looking at programs in the World Touring Car Championship & Indycar (More likely)

I saw the Indy Car link, and it is sad to see him not get a seat in F1, but i guess at least IndyCar is closer to his native Brazil.

Part of me's thinking that it's a good thing F1's on Sky this year - they do great work promoting the sports they show (basketball in Britain was fantastic when they showed games), and it looks like the Beeb's races are on at decent times (that's the one thing I hate about F1. All the great tracks are on the other side of the world, pain in the arse watching those live so you aren't spoiled).

The other part's annoyed - Jake, DC and Eddie were brilliant last year.

Part of me's thinking that it's a good thing F1's on Sky this year - they do great work promoting the sports they show (basketball in Britain was fantastic when they showed games), and it looks like the Beeb's races are on at decent times (that's the one thing I hate about F1. All the great tracks are on the other side of the world, pain in the arse watching those live so you aren't spoiled).

The other part's annoyed - DC and Eddie were brilliant last year.

Edited slightly for accuracy.

As for the timings I know that Bernie is trying to work things through to get them better for us. The contract with the Aussie's runs out in 2015, and if they want it renewed it will have to be a night race. That would then mean you wouldn't have to get up at 6am to watch the F1 in oz on a sunday morning.

As for the timings I know that Bernie is trying to work things through to get them better for us. The contract with the Aussie's runs out in 2015, and if they want it renewed it will have to be a night race. That would then mean you wouldn't have to get up at 6am to watch the F1 in oz on a sunday morning.

Getting up to watch the Australian race is part of the tradition.

Getting up to watch the Australian race is part of the tradition.

True, but for some of the people that like to moan about the stupid race times, Bernie is trying to do something about it.

Doesn't bother me. I will be up at 6am to watch it.

indeed, have been massivly impressed with him since F1 came back to beeb.

I note it was him who was partly behind the Nic Hamilton docu the other night also

what is wrong with Jake?

His knowledge on F1 is average (although got better with the years) His constant arrogence towards people when talking to them and checking out his iPad. Too busy checking his tweets. I just don't think he fits in well with the Jordan, Coulthard team. I think someone like Anthony Davidson or Mark Blundell would suit better.

And on another note Georgie Thompson for SKY F1 is a massive car crash waiting to happen. Never liked her on Sky Sports News and her monotone voice will no doubt send me to sleep whilst trying to enjoy the sport I love.

You mean edited to your opinion

Did anyone watch the F1 show last night on Sky? Must say I was very impressed and can't wait now!

His knowledge on F1 is average (although got better with the years) His constant arrogence towards people when talking to them and checking out his iPad. Too busy checking his tweets. I just don't think he fits in well with the Jordan, Coulthard team. I think someone like Anthony Davidson or Mark Blundell would suit better.

And on another note Georgie Thompson for SKY F1 is a massive car crash waiting to happen. Never liked her on Sky Sports News and her monotone voice will no doubt send me to sleep whilst trying to enjoy the sport I love.

Never had a problem with his knowledge. I would like to believe that my F1 knowledge and history is pretty sound and I never found myself picking holes in anything Jake said. He was confident, friendly, showed a passion for the sport, worked well with the rest of the team and is a natural presenter. The tweets thing isn't a problem for me, social media is part and parcel now and it was a good way for viewers to send in questions and to give opinions. Its usefulness showed through especially in the Fans' Forum on the red button after the race coverage had finished, those discussions were really interesting and the use of Twitter to involve fans added another dimension. Simon lazenby, the new presenter on Sky Sports, has an iPad with him too.

Anthony Davidson is not a presenter like Jake is and I wouldn't want to see him as one either. He is a co-commentator/analyst and his technical and historical knowledge are excellent, but he is not a natural on-screen and his nerves on camera were noticeable on The F1 Show on Sky on Friday night. Mark Blundell (and Tony Jardine for that matter) are cringeworthy. Mistake-prone, annoying and just comes across as a know-nothing. I never, ever watched the pre and post-race coverage when it was on ITV because Jardine and Blundell infuriated me.

Horses for courses I suppose. I don't like Jake much either. Strikes me as being the sort of presenter that Simon Cowell would select if they were chosen by an X Factor contest. All 'look-at-me' dull banter, interspersed with info either everyone knew or anyone else could read out on air.

Wonder how long it'll be before the BBC switch James Allen from 5 Live to their televised coverage?

Horses for courses I suppose. I don't like Jake much either. Strikes me as being the sort of presenter that Simon Cowell would select if they were chosen by an X Factor contest. All 'look-at-me' dull banter, interspersed with info either everyone knew or anyone else could read out on air.

Wonder how long it'll be before the BBC switch James Allen from 5 Live to their televised coverage?

Well Ben Edwards is more than competent in the commentary box so I wouldn't expect to see it happen.

Back