• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F1 2012

Why the f**k don't they build proper roads and a proper car park at Silverstone with the obscene amounts of money floating around F1?

Because of the vastly excessive fee's Silverstone have to pay to F1 to be part of the circus. Unfortunately, for the rest of the year, Silverstone doesn't have anywhere near that number of spectators, so it would be a lot of investment for just 3 days a year.

Secondly, as explained during qualifying, if you tarmac over all the surrounding area's of the race circuit, you have nowhere for rain water to go, and so the problem is the track becomes a flood risk. As much as you need car-park spaces, you need rainwater run off area's as well!

Lastly, the rainfall was massivly unseasonal, yes it has rained at Silverstone before, and it has caused problems, however, a lot of work has been done to try and combat this, but when it rains so much that parts of the country are flooding, as well as many area's are on flood alert, sometimes there is just not much you can do about it!

A shame that just as the McLaren's learn how to do a pitstop again, their car turns out to be a load of crap. Absolutely no speed compared to the Red Bull, Ferrari and the Lotus. Good to see Webber win and Massa look competitive though, two nice guys of the sport. Yet again, Maldonado is a ****.

yeah although you can take that seeing as the season is shaping up nicely. McLaren look a long way behind the Ferraris and Red Bulls though.

Certainly not the most exciting of the season, despite the "hype"!

Is that purely because Alonso is leading? 7 different winners in the first 7 races I think that's the most exciting season for a long time! No clear runaway leader.

i think he meant the race @ Silverstone, not the season as a whole.

Could have done with a shower to liven it up a bit

i think he meant the race @ Silverstone, not the season as a whole.

Could have done with a shower to liven it up a bit

Spot on ... was prob the dullest/2nd dullest of the season ... didn't help that there was alot made of the weather and there wasnt a shower in sight!

Doesnt bother me who wins it if the Brits dont win it ... bar Schumi ... and Kimi!

Webbers as good as British anyway, he's one of the few drivers that actually live in England!

P.S i think Ricey was getting defensive cos he thought 'you woz dissing Alonso'...

Webbers as good as British anyway, he's one of the few drivers that actually live in England!

P.S i think Ricey was getting defensive cos he thought 'you woz dissing Alonso'...

Mr Rice has an issue when it comes to Mr Alonso, getting close to being a slight worry if im honest !!

Unfortunately, for the rest of the year, Silverstone doesn't have anywhere near that number of spectators, so it would be a lot of investment for just 3 days a year.

I don't know about that...I work at Silverstone and there are still a huge number of people that turn up for the British Touring Cars, MotoGP, British Superbikes, Le Mans series, and a couple of years ago about 20,000 turned up to watch Formula Renault 3.5. They have so much land there it wouldn't take alot to concrete a couple of the fields over. Problem is the circuit itself doesn't have a huge amount of money to do so.

Back