• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Almost as good as the highlights reel from todays match :smile:
[video=youtube_share;zB4I68XVPzQ]https://youtu.be/zB4I68XVPzQ[/video]

Ballerina - enjoyable animation set in Paris about an orphaned girl's desire to be an accountant a Ballerina. Perfect fare for a young 'un.

Prevenge - heavily pregnant woman goes on a homicidal rampage. It is very funny but loses its way towards the end. 7.5/10

Thought tonight would be a good night to go to the flics on account of a certain football match here.

Saw the excellent Catalan film Uncertain Glory (Incerta Glòria).Well worth catching when it eventually gets a UK/DVD release.

Finally saw Speilberg's War Of The Worlds....it's pretty fine seeing as I don't really do action films or Tom Cruise. 8/10

Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2. Seen reviews saying it was good but not as good as the first movie, I thought it was fantastic - possibly better. Funnier, and higher stakes, I've seen some people saying the second act was too long but I thought it helped develop the characters and really set up the tension and emotion of the finale. I expected action & fun but not the emotion of the end, it turned Mrs Drastic into a blubbering mess and I certainly had something in my eye. :'( 9/10

PS. Make sure you stay to the very end as there are FIVE post credit scenes!

Ironing actually. I'm with Mad Cyril on this.

Ok, so you do the ironing while drunk, kodos for that ( don't answer the phone, if you know what I mean) May I suggest Warsaw 44 when not ironing. Daughter in bed and wife sworn to silence, harrowing but a truly excellent film.

At least 9/10. Trust me on this.

Get Out - mixed race couple go and visit the rich, white liberal parents of the girl and all the servants are black. Excellent horror/thriller, highly recommended! 9/10

Paterson. Jim Jarmusch & Adam Driver, a quiet ordinary life kind of movie that is right up my alley. Beautiful. 9.5/10

Going In Style. Caine, Freeman, Arkin neither of which needed to try to hard. Was it a classic? No but there were some exceptionally funny moments and, for me, Christopher Lloyd (Doc, Back to the Future) steals the show every time he appears. Definitely watchable though and I'd give it a 13/20

Drastic™;1959658 said:
Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2. Seen reviews saying it was good but not as good as the first movie, I thought it was fantastic - possibly better. Funnier, and higher stakes, I've seen some people saying the second act was too long but I thought it helped develop the characters and really set up the tension and emotion of the finale. I expected action & fun but not the emotion of the end, it turned Mrs Drastic into a blubbering mess and I certainly had something in my eye. :'( 9/10

PS. Make sure you stay to the very end as there are FIVE post credit scenes!

I enjoyed it more than the first one as well. Baby Groot steals the show though. The part where he is trying to find Yondu's fin could be a whole film on it's own!

Back