• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

The latest Pirates of the Carribbean instalment. Even Depp can't save the tired old formula. First 15 minutes superbly funny and high action but they played it all safe from there. Come on Disney you're better than that

Toni Erdmann. German comedy, about a father trying to connect with his high-flying career driven daughter. Very good, not as amazing as I had been led to believe. 8/10

T2 Trainspotting - I've held back from watching this as I was worried it would not live up to the original Danny Boyle masterclass...........I needn't have worried, this was equal to, if not better than the original. The charactors were brilliant, especially Spud and the comedy was bordering on black. 9/10.

Very late to the party, but watched Get Out last night and it's fantastic. Highly recommended. 9/10

Enjoyed watching The Savages again last night RIP.Philip Seymour Hoffman.Probably the finest actor of his generation.

Nah. Daniel Day Lewis?

I didn't really enjoy Life....it's a very silly, sci-fi that's nicked it's plot from several other better films, but the end saves it from being utter *****. 6/10

Nah. Daniel Day Lewis?

I didn't really enjoy Life....it's a very silly, sci-fi that's nicked it's plot from several other better films, but the end saves it from being utter *****. 6/10

OK.American actor.Hadn't thought about DDL on the day his retirement was announced.:facepalm:

(Not seen Life but I'm familiar with most of PSH's other work).

Okja - story about a genetically modified pig and a young Korean girl's attempt to save it from the chop. Available on Netflix.....great film, highly recommended, even if it makes you consider vegetarianism.....:stunned:

9/10

Off sick, so I caught up with the last past of Linklater's "Before" series, Before Midnight.

Excellent stuff, if not a little pretentious when it's not just Jessie & Celine, but entirely believable when the banter goes a little too far and ends up in an argument. 9/10

Alien: Covenant...full of plot holes, pretty much the same film as the original but it was entertaining enough. 7/10

...but no more Ridley, please.

Baby Driver - Impromptu trip to the cinema and this was the only thing on that we didn't have to wait ages for, wouldn't have picked it to watch but actually quite enjoyed it. Decent cast and a good soundtrack not amazing but very easy watching and entertaining 7/10

Spiderman: Homecoming. Not my most anticipated comic book mvid, and I enjoyed it more than i expected. A lot of fun, Keaton is exceptional, just felt a little light weight. 8/10

Moana. Great. 8.5/10

Back