• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Hounds of Love - a young girl is kidnapped by two pyschopaths in 1980s Perth....good, but a very hard watch. 7/10

A United Kingdom - true story of Seretse and Ruth Khama, a black tribal chief and a white English woman who marry, much to the anger of both nations. Excellent film from Amma Asante. 9/10

Batman Lego Movie - I really don't get the fuss around the Lego movies. Yes, some good in jokes, but on the whole very average. There are far better kids films out there. 5/10

Watched Ip Man 1,2 and 3 as I'm going through a martial arts phase just now. Really enjoyed the trilogy, a lot more 'real' than other martial arts films such as crouching tiger etc...

Hunt for the Wilderpeople. Splendid indie comedy from NZ starring Sam Neill and a great kid. 9/10

If you recommend them, then yes.

If you like films where ninjas can tunnel underneath someone, jump out of the ground and do five somersaults then you will love Sakura Killers.

[video=youtube_share;jfzQhL_UtGU]https://youtu.be/jfzQhL_UtGU[/video]

There is something for everyone here.

The Red Turtle - animated tale of a man stranded on a desert island whose attempts at escape are thwarted by a red turtle. Loved by critics but not a lot happens...very arthouse. 6/10

Wonder Woman. Even as a defender of BvS I was more than a little nervous going into this, despite all the positive reviews. I need not have worried, the best DC cinematic universe. A much lighter colour palette, more levity (in the first half only), epic action and a really powerful message regarding the futility of war that felt very topical. Gal Godot was very good, but Chris Pine was the heart & soul of the movie. I had a few little niggles but they would mostly be spoilers, except to say I thought the opening act was about 5 minutes too long, but nothing that spoilt the movie. If you're DC, give Patty Jenkins all your movies, and when you're editing Justice League you make WW the centre of it. 9/10

EDIT:
Had no idea Ewan Bremner was in it. :smile:

Last edited:
My Life as a Zucchini - stop motion animated short about a kid whose mother dies and is taken to an orphanage with other screwed up kids. Good stuff, not really for young kids (hit that mute button) and could do with being a little bit more drawn out but worth a watch. 7/10

Back