• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Memento - 8/10 - Very odd film but thoroughly enjoyable but also slightly confusing at times. You have to pay full attention to understand all that is going on but gripping throughout.

Really good film with the very underrated (at the time) Guy Peace.
Carrie-anne Moss plays a brilliant role as does Joe Pantoliano who was also superb in the Soprano's - actually, he kept it going for a while.

Memento - 8/10 - Very odd film but thoroughly enjoyable but also slightly confusing at times. You have to pay full attention to understand all that is going on but gripping throughout.

Not seen Dunkirk but I think it's Nolan's best work.

Really good film with the very underrated (at the time) Guy Peace.
Carrie-anne Moss plays a brilliant role as does Joe Pantoliano who was also superb in the Soprano's - actually, he kept it going for a while.

Another vote for Memento.A stylish thriller.

Years since I watched memento but the bit that always sticks in my mind and cracks me up is

Spoiler:  
Him sitting on the toilet with the bottle of Whiskey (I think?), looking at the bottle and thinking "hmmm I don't feel drunk"

Years since I watched memento but the bit that always sticks in my mind and cracks me up is

Spoiler:  
Him sitting on the toilet with the bottle of Whiskey (I think?), looking at the bottle and thinking "hmmm I don't feel drunk"

Spoiler:  
Yeah when he smells his armpits too!
Quite a linear film really, once you twig that everyhing is happening back to front.:smile:

Yeah I did wonder about putting that behind a spoiler tag too.Though I guess most people interested in the film have seen it by now.:winking:

Remember you hadn't seen it until recently, though it does beg the question when do stop worrying about spoilers?

Rosebud! Keyser Sozse!

Spoiler:  
Yeah when he smells his armpits too!
Quite a linear film really, once you twig that everyhing is happening back to front.:smile:

I saw it when it 1st came out which must be 10 years go now? I remember a few bits like
  Spoiler:  
John G raped and killed my wife and that he can't make new memories
I really need to watch it again though because I couldn't tell you the plot now

I thought I'd posted The Zoookepper's Wife based on the true story of Poles protecting Jews during WW2. Nowhere near as intense as Schindler's List but in fairness I don't ever think that was the director's intention. Still a good film to remind us of the horrors that prevailed so an 8/10 for me. It also led me to wonder how the Second World War would have panned out if social media existed then, as today.

It also led me to wonder how the Second World War would have panned out if social media existed then, as today.

Very interesting thought. There was plenty of propaganda on both sides anyway, but I imagine in times of war there would be a lot of censorship, especially on the Nazi side. They wouldn't of wanted to let the everyday German know the horrors of the final solution as they may have lost support.

Una - Rooney Mara plays a damaged woman who, at 13, had a sexual relationship with a much older neighbour. Based on a play, and not much happens really. Fairly dull. 6/10

The Founder.

Biopic of Ray Kroc who took McDonalds from a single store to a global giant. Michael Keaton was excellent. 9/10

Icarus.

Essential viewing. It'll destroy what little faith you might've had left in professional sport, but essential viewing all the same.

One last conclusion to draw from it:

[video=youtube_share;uJ2BOfuCRU0]https://youtu.be/uJ2BOfuCRU0[/video]

I saw Dunkirk on a smaller screen and I wasnt impressed.

Everything looked too small scale, too many scenes where there were only 3 or 4 soldiers in shot, when there were meant to be 350,000.

Didnt seem to catch the scale of the situation. Will giveit another go at some point.

Saw Dunkirk last night and thought it was alright, not the best but by far not the worst.

The scenes with the aircraft were excellent and how they've made everything look very realistic. Gets a bit confusing at times with all the different stories.

Harry Styles has a much bigger part than I expected. I think they've just given him that part to attract one direction fans in. But to be fair he wasn't bad as an actor.

Personally I think Hacksaw Ridge is a million times better as war films go, but it's still an alright film. One thing I would say is that if you have sensitive hearing be aware it is ****ing loud! I thought the old woman next to me was going to have a heart attack she jumped so high every time a loud bang went off.

Saw Dunkirk last night and thought it was alright, not the best but by far not the worst.

The scenes with the aircraft were excellent and how they've made everything look very realistic. Gets a bit confusing at times with all the different stories.

Harry Styles has a much bigger part than I expected. I think they've just given him that part to attract one direction fans in. But to be fair he wasn't bad as an actor.

Personally I think Hacksaw Ridge is a million times better as war films go, but it's still an alright film. One thing I would say is that if you have sensitive hearing be aware it is ****ing loud! I thought the old woman next to me was going to have a heart attack she jumped so high every time a loud bang went off.

Not a film to take the wife to then ?

Back