• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some people should wake up and smell the coffee, or alternatively smell the endless bulls##t that wafts out of Roots Hall these days.
At a time like this when there will be, justifiably, tons of speculation and rumours flying all over the place, does the leader stand up and make a statement to placate the masses???? doe he F@@K !!! Perhaps they may be because he probably knows the masses have lost all faith and no longer believe a word whenever he decides to grace us with some.

Crikey! I am a bit bewildered by this! On Saturday I was told by three separate people close enough to the club to be somewhat informed that last Saturday could conceivably be our last ever home match! I dismissed it but now I am beginning to wonder!

I so hope you are wrong - feeling pretty scared at the moment !

Crikey! I am a bit bewildered by this! On Saturday I was told by three separate people close enough to the club to be somewhat informed that last Saturday could conceivably be our last ever home match! I dismissed it but now I am beginning to wonder!

What absolute nonsense.

Never speak to those people again.

There are certainly serious problems, but that makes no sense whatsoever. If Portsmouth can limp along in their state why on earth would we instantly close.

The CEOs could have gone for any number of reasons. The preferred explanation (its impossible to work with Ron) is only one of them.
The alleged embargo indicates we're financially in a lot of trouble. Is this Rons fault? Has he run off with the money? Has he mismanaged it? Whilst my gut instinct is that I don't like the man, I've seen no evidence of this whatsoever. Please correct me if I've missed something.

Trying to run a football club and build a stadium you cant afford to is his fault.

In any other club if your owners cant afford to susbsidise the club you would expect them to move on.

He could have had other avenues, outside investment, seeking new buyers etc, but it looks like because of the debts he has accumulated from his own management in chasing the golden egg of Fossetts he is stuck here.

Received this today, from someone who knows him well, (like Tampa Blue).
"Gary is a really good bloke and an absolutely massive Blues fan - a huge and sad loss to the club."

What absolute nonsense.

Never speak to those people again.

There are certainly serious problems, but that makes no sense whatsoever. If Portsmouth can limp along in their state why on earth would we instantly close.

Unless they were Ron Martin , Gary Lockett and Paul Sturrock.......................

It's this stadium malarkey with 3 stands that throws me... If you can't afford it then you shouldn't be allowed to build it!

likewise if you can't afford it then you shouldn't be allowed to run it.

Ok. The CEO leaves, and there's a HUGE anti Ron Martin response in this thread. Will someone just tell me clearly and succinctly why? Serious post. Genuine question.

He is the proverbial "man of straw" and appears to be just about as far out of his depth as it's possible to get without actually drowning.

He clearly lacks the wherewithal to finish what he's started.

Personally, I am amazed he has managed to duck and dive for so long and you have to admire his singleminded determination to try and make the stadium project work. If by chance he does, he will have deserved it and many, many, people will have egg on their face. I am by no means a Ron supporter and he may well be motivated only by personal greed, but from a distance he does seem gutsy.

Personally, I am amazed he has managed to duck and dive for so long and you have to admire his singleminded determination to try and make the stadium project work. If by chance he does, he will have deserved it and many, many, people will have egg on their face. I am by no means a Ron supporter and he may well be motivated only by personal greed, but from a distance he does seem gutsy.

Quite a distance.Who knows,maybe the Chairman will head down Alicante way if FF ever gets built(or even if he doesn't)?:smiles:

If he achieves it we will all be delighted.

No one wants him to fail, many think he doesnt have the resources to do it. It would only be embarrassing for anyone who feels that if he does deliver if he had been running a healthy ship the last 3 or 4 years.

Id love to be proven wrong and see the 4 sided stadium completed but even the optimist in me sees a 3 sided stadium as the best thats going to happen at the moment.

He is the proverbial "man of straw" and appears to be just about as far out of his depth as it's possible to get without actually drowning.

We only have his word that he had the wherewithal in the first place.

Someone on here ( can't remember who) slated me for being overly critical of Ron Martin. Maybe this person can see why I said this now.

Haven't read further on so your post might have already been answered. You get criticised on here for being a idiot. You lost the plot completely as Blue79 and asked to be banned. What a self indulgent individual you are. Why do you post on here claiming to know information when it is quite clear you know next to nothing - certainly nothing of value.
By the way, do not private message me talking bollocks about class.

If he doesn't, he is ****ed and so are we.

I agree, and as another poster has stated, it's in some ways it's impressive he's kept us afloat as long as he has.
I reiterate that there's no evidence of mismanagement here though, that I've seen. The club doesn't trade profitably and the chairman doesn't have sufficient funds to rectify it. That's life, not mismanagement.
If he goes, the problems will remain, and whoever takes over will be in exactly the same position. If this isn't the case, tell me why! As such what do we gain from Ron going, unless the incoming chairman is a sugar daddy? And where is this sugar daddy? I can't see him. The only people buying football clubs currently are rich international businessmen, and they aren't buying league 2 clubs.

Back