• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I honestly think that 3rd place is up for grabs, what I saw at Torquay does nothing to convince me they will take it.

Obviously it could happen.

Shrewsbury have got Port Vale, surely the Shrews will lose a home game one day?
Crawley playing Northampton, with Crawley disintegrating and Northampton need another win to stay up.
Torquay have Wimbledon Away not an easy game.
Torquay also have Crewe who are trying to push for the p-offs.

It is possible, but I mean, it would be madness wouldn't it? Ofcourse it could happen. But all we can do is win our games whether that's to sneak 3rd or to take a good run of form into the playoff games.

Come on you blues!

It's the play offs for sure now as too many teams need to muck for automatics to happen.
Also , we have to play 3 games against teams who still need points for different reasons , so we won't have any easy games.
Sturrock has to balance 'resting' players for the play offs , against pushing for 3 wins and taking that confidence into the play offs.

Crawley playing Northampton, with Crawley disintegrating and Northampton need another win to stay up.

It is possible, but I mean, it would be madness wouldn't it? Ofcourse it could happen. But all we can do is win our games whether that's to sneak 3rd or to take a good run of form into the playoff games.

Come on you blues!

Northampton are safe, it would take a miracle now for them to drop.

Come on you blues!

Done very well to go unbeaten until now. We will never catch them, they have four games to get 3 points, thats easy for them.

Crawley have 3 games against Northampton, Daggers and Hereford. All very winnable and 2 wins and a draw will mean we cant catch them either. Will be interesting to see if they do suffer from Evans leaving + the suspensions.

We on the other hand have an away game vs Oxford which I cant see us winning, although we should win both home games left.

Done very well to go unbeaten until now. We will never catch them, they have four games to get 3 points, thats easy for them.

Crawley have 3 games against Northampton, Daggers and Hereford. All very winnable and 2 wins and a draw will mean we cant catch them either. Will be interesting to see if they do suffer from Evans leaving + the suspensions.

We on the other hand have an away game vs Oxford which I cant see us winning, although we should win both home games left.

Hopefully, although beating teams fighting against the drop is not as easy as you'd expect.

Personally, I'm hoping to cement 4th\5th in the next two games to guarantee the return home fixture in the POs and then rest some key players against Macclesfield.

One things for cetain, if we play like Southend United 2012, we'll be knocked out in the same manner we got smashed by Donny back in 2008(?)....If we play like Southend United 2011, we'll stand a good shot......Plus a fit Freddy could also prove the difference.

I agree , we should win both of those games , but unless Macclesfield are already relegated when we play them , then both teams will be fighting for League 2 survival , so could be tricky.
I always think that end of season games are potentially easier against the mid table sides , with some players already dreaming of their summer holidays...................:smile:

Id much rather a team come to the Hall needing to win and to come forward than a team happy to sit behind the ball.

Id much rather a team come to the Hall needing to win and to come forward than a team happy to sit behind the ball.

Fair point and agree that would definately be to our advantage , although they will still play with a much higher intensity and won't roll over and die like some of the mid table teams do around April / May.

I agree , we should win both of those games , but unless Macclesfield are already relegated when we play them , then both teams will be fighting for League 2 survival , so could be tricky.
I always think that end of season games are potentially easier against the mid table sides , with some players already dreaming of their summer holidays...................:smile:

My calculations gave us a win against Barnet and a draw against both Oxford and Macclesfield.

So after last nights wins for Crawley and Shrewsbury we can no longer catch Shrewsbury.

One more win for either Crawley or Torquay and we are then only able to go up via goal difference.

Think everyone can now put the automatics to rest and we have 3 games to mentally prepare for the playoffs.

So after last nights wins for Crawley and Shrewsbury we can no longer catch Shrewsbury.

One more win for either Crawley or Torquay and we are then only able to go up via goal difference.

Think everyone can now put the automatics to rest and we have 3 games to mentally prepare for the playoffs.

It's not over until the rotund bint is caterwauling, but it's nigh on impossible now.
I've a feeling that Crewe will overtake Oxford to take the last play off spot. And creepy will edge Torquay for the last automatic spot.

Good news if Creepy claim the 3rd place as I really believe we stand a better chance of winning the Play Offs without them. We have beaten all of the other 3 teamns at least once this season so must stand a realistic chance if our propoer teamn turn up on the day(s).

Time top start thinking of our own performances as we cannot influence games in which we are not involved.

Drive on to promotion by backing The Blues.

UTB

Good news if Creepy claim the 3rd place as I really believe we stand a better chance of winning the Play Offs without them. We have beaten all of the other 3 teamns at least once this season so must stand a realistic chance if our propoer teamn turn up on the day(s).

Time top start thinking of our own performances as we cannot influence games in which we are not involved.

Drive on to promotion by backing The Blues.

UTB

We've beaten Creepy this season, albeit in the Paint Trophy.

Indeed but we got slaughtered in the league away, and at home a draw was a good result as thought we werent at the races. Certainly wouldnt fancy us over two legs, even with Evans gone although I guess we wouldnt meet them in the semis anyway.

If we won our last 3 games and neither Torquay nor Crawley won more than one of their remaining matches we would almost certainly have a superior goal difference.

I think that we can beat any of the potential play off teams and are as good as any of them IF we play to our potential.
Which Southend team will turn up though , the Dr Jekyll or Mr Hyde ?

If we won our last 3 games and neither Torquay nor Crawley won more than one of their remaining matches we would almost certainly have a superior goal difference.

We certainly would. Do you think there is any realistic chance that neither team will pick up 4 points out their last 3 games though?

Back