• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Have always said that until it's mathematically impossible for us to get automatic promotion we are still in it. However, I didn't think it would go to the wire. Next Saturday is gonna be a massive buzz for all Blues fans and I imagine we will all have our phones on the Sky Sports app or Live score to see how Crawly and Torquay are getting on.

Have always said that until it's mathematically impossible for us to get automatic promotion we are still in it. However, I didn't think it would go to the wire. Next Saturday is gonna be a massive buzz for all Blues fans and I imagine we will all have our phones on the Sky Sports app or Live score to see how Crawly and Torquay are getting on.

Oh ye of little faith sir.

It feels so good to be right and now I think we not only have hope but are favourite to go up.
humble pie from any one ???

We are certainly not favourites to go up.

We have a chance now but it only takes Torquay to beat Hereford and its game over.

Hereford had an amazing result today, and will be fighting for their survival next week which helps, but lets not get carried away, thats their first win in a 9 games. They can get a result though, today showed that.

As for humble pie, the chances of us making the automatics 2 games ago were very very low, thats just fact.

Just because you showed blind optimisim doesnt change that fact !

The extremely unlikely has now become possible, but we are still the outside bet but I think we will have the least amount of pressure and nerves. We are one of the form teams now and have finally come into some self confidence at the right time !

We have a chance now but it only takes Torquay to beat Hereford and its game over.

Hereford had an amazing result today, and will be fighting for their survival next week which helps, but lets not get carried away, thats their first win in a 9 games. They can get a result though, today showed that.

As for humble pie, the chances of us making the automatics 2 games ago were very very low, thats just fact.

The extremely unlikely has now become possible, but we are still the outside bet but I think we will have the least amount of pressure and nerves. We are one of the form teams now and have finally come into some self confidence at the right time !

This!

I make Crawley favourites, but on the plus side we're going into the play offs in form. We've done this before, and failed, but that was a late charge for the play off spots. This time we've had a dip,and now have (hopefully) recovered. If so, then we should fancy our chances against any team we meet

Crawley and Torquay are both away next week...they will both be really feeling the pressure, especially after today, both just needing a win and not getting anywhere near.

We still won't be favourites, but we have the least pressure and that could prove the difference.

Yes. I bought the tickets when I saw the Southend game. I live in Dorset and my friend is a Crewe supporter, so he joins me for Shrimpers matches all over the South West and I join him for Crewe games - in this case, for the first time, I passionately wanted Crewe to win. We were sitting in the Family Stand among all the Torquay fans and I pleaded with my mate not to show too much emotion. No problem he said, and then proceeded to jump up and down and run around when Alex scored in the last minute..... mind you, I did too! That Rene Howe really doesn't seem to pose much threat, but if Danny Stevens was six inches taller he'd be formidable.

Sorry, you asked how many Crewe. It was over 500 away fans, 522 if memory serves me. Plus my mate of course.

I think you could be a bit more gracious here. It's always been possible that this would happen. Crawley are very ordinary without Tubbs & Barnett and from what I've seen of Torquay they've not looked like a side to be feared. It was always a possibility that they'd struggle over the line. Yet for the last three weeks you've shouted down anyone who suggested that we had any sort of chance of making the top three.

southchurch has been one person on here who has been bold enough to insist that what has happened would happen and I think it's fair enough that he feels justified in sticking to those guns despite the naysayers on here insisting that it was an impossibility.

I think you could be a bit more gracious here. It's always been possible that this would happen. Crawley are very ordinary without Tubbs & Barnett and from what I've seen of Torquay they've not looked like a side to be feared. It was always a possibility that they'd struggle over the line. Yet for the last three weeks you've shouted down anyone who suggested that we had any sort of chance of making the top three.

southchurch has been one person on here who has been bold enough to insist that what has happened would happen and I think it's fair enough that he feels justified in sticking to those guns despite the naysayers on here insisting that it was an impossibility.

Respect to Southchurch for getting as close as we have thus far. I've followed Southend for long enough to expect the worse case, but if I'm proven wrong, and we go up through the autos, then that humble pie will taste like the finest rhubarb crumble with custard.

If we miss out at the last then I'll not be surprised, though I'll still respect Southchurch for being a lot closer in his predictions than we were a few weeks back

Sorry, you asked how many Crewe. It was over 500 away fans, 522 if memory serves me. Plus my mate of course.

And you (for the day at least :winking:)

So Torquay at ******* will suit you fine then :smile:

(sorry, but despite all the optimism from some i still can't see us getting auto)

Would be the greatest ever promotion if wedo go up next week. Its an outside chance but its still a chance never the less. Well we need to do our part and win. Sods law Torquay and Crawley wont win and neither will we. Macclesfield have to win sometime!!!!!

Yes, I don't think Torquay hold too many terrors for us. Crewe looked pretty good going forward, but lack height and strength; Powell will no doubt be sold in the summer to a leading club. It's annoying that Cheltenham have come back into form, they always seem to pose problems for us.....

But, hey, I really do think we've got a good chance of automatic promotion. Torquay and Crawley have both bottled it....

well made point above, maybe torquay and crawley have bottled it or are simply crumbling under the pressure who knows but i do know that chelsea somehow overcome the mighty barca against the odds, wigan have beaten man u, arsenal, liverpool and newcastle of late, some little seaside town team once beat the mighty manchester united one nil in the league cup, football is completely unpredictable and anything can and often does happen, I can not wait for next week.

Never ever given up hope even when my optimism has been laughed at and slated by fellow Zoners. We are a point off both Torquay and Crawley so us being made favourites is utter nonsense however we have a much better goal ratio and I can see the results panning out like this next saturday!!!

Southend 3-0 Macclesfield
Hereford 2-1 Torquay
Accrington 1-1 Crawley

Yes Hereford are down there strugggling but they have a mathematical chance of staying up and after watching the fl show highlights they absoloutly battered Crawley with the long ball up field.
As for Crawley a very average side now with all the chancges that have been made we stand a real great chance.

Lets turn out in our numbers on Saturday and really cheer the lads on, hope the club see this as a good marketing exercise REDUCE TICKET PRICES FOR FANS AND LETS BREAK THE 10,000 mark on Saturday.

COYB

Perhaps an amendment is required to the above heading

"We're in the
play-offs........at the least!"

I had another banner ready , but that is on the back burner now. I will revert back to one of the older ones for now whilst I get a couple of others sorted out...It certainly is a topsy turvy end to the season that is for sure.

Bring on next Saturday :smile:

Never ever given up hope even when my optimism has been laughed at and slated by fellow Zoners. We are a point off both Torquay and Crawley so us being made favourites is utter nonsense however we have a much better goal ratio and I can see the results panning out like this next saturday!!!

Hereford 2-1 Torquay
Accrington 1-1 Crawley

Yes Hereford are down there strugggling but they have a mathematical chance of staying up and after watching the fl show highlights they absoloutly battered Crawley with the long ball up field.
As for Crawley a very average side now with all the chancges that have been made we stand a real great chance.

Lets turn out in our numbers on Saturday and really cheer the lads on, hope the club see this as a good marketing exercise REDUCE TICKET PRICES FOR FANS AND LETS BREAK THE 10,000 mark on Saturday.

COYB

I share your optimism and predict those same three results! Third place is on!!

Hereford 2-1 Torquay
Accrington 1-1 Crawley

COYB

Indeed we are not favourites, promotion is out of our hands and relies on other results.

However with Hereford winning yesterday that is what gives us hope. They pulled out a massive result away from home so at home with a survive or die game you know they arent going to roll over.

Crawley will be rocked and nervous too.

We arent favourites, but anything can happen now.

I have never said it was impossible, just that it was extremely unlikely, which it was.

When you are relying on one team to throw away good leads thats one thing, we had to rely on two teams.

Remember we are hardly renowned for strong finisheds ourselves :)

Crawley went through a very poor run but they had turned it around Both them and Torquays form was enough to pick up the 4 points out of 9 they needed. With 3 games to go they had both got 8 points out of 12, at that time it was hard to see both of them failing to get 4 or 5 points from their last 3.

Even now we are still one result away from losing out.

Lets hope it goes our way, but that doesnt change the fact that if we do go up automatically its an incredible turn of events, and not the likely outcome 3 games ago.

Back