• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have never said it was impossible, just that it was extremely unlikely, which it was.

When you are relying on one team to throw away good leads thats one thing, we had to rely on two teams.

Remember we are hardly renowned for strong finisheds ourselves :)

Crawley went through a very poor run but they had turned it around Both them and Torquays form was enough to pick up the 4 points out of 9 they needed. With 3 games to go they had both got 8 points out of 12, at that time it was hard to see both of them failing to get 4 or 5 points from their last 3.

Even now we are still one result away from losing out.

Lets hope it goes our way, but that doesnt change the fact that if we do go up automatically its an incredible turn of events, and not the likely outcome 3 games ago.

It was extremely unlikely that Crawley would lose to Hereford and Torquay would only get a draw against Crewe yesterday but it happened...As Mulder said 'I Believe'

Never ever given up hope even when my optimism has been laughed at and slated by fellow Zoners. We are a point off both Torquay and Crawley so us being made favourites is utter nonsense however we have a much better goal ratio and I can see the results panning out like this next saturday!!!

Southend 3-0 Macclesfield
Hereford 2-1 Torquay
Accrington 1-1 Crawley

Yes Hereford are down there strugggling but they have a mathematical chance of staying up and after watching the fl show highlights they absoloutly battered Crawley with the long ball up field.
As for Crawley a very average side now with all the chancges that have been made we stand a real great chance.

Lets turn out in our numbers on Saturday and really cheer the lads on, hope the club see this as a good marketing exercise REDUCE TICKET PRICES FOR FANS AND LETS BREAK THE 10,000 mark on Saturday.

COYB
What he said. My prophesy last week as hopeful as it was that we would sneak 3rd place is ON!! COYBB

Crawley go there knowing they HAVE TO WIN given our last fixture (and Torquay being level on points also) - very rarely does that result not happen on these occasions especially when the team in pole position is up against a side with nothing to play for. We DO have hope but it's still likely we'll end up in the play-offs. You never know though, to still be in there with a fighting chance is a bonus and stranger things have happened.

If we miss out then it would be best for us I believe if Crawley win - if the play-offs consist of Torquay, us, Cheltenham and Crewe I fancy us......our collective record against those 3 is pretty good. Crewe are in form but we've beaten them twice, we've taken 4 points off Torquay and although we lost 3-0 at Cheltenham they don't seem to be the same side they were (plus we beat them 4-0 only a few weeks ago). If we miss out next week then a Crawley promotion would be a slight silver lining in my view so that Crewe goal yesterday is good news regardless for us as it means Torquay's destiny isn't in their own hands.

I would love us to nick 3rd & then Torquay to join us in league 1 after beating Crawley in the play off final..:smile:

Whether we think it is likely or not, whilst automatic promotion is still a mathematical possibility we shouldn't give up. We would kick ourselves should Crawley and Torquay slip up, and we don't take advantage.

As far as I'm concerned this is still valid. The only difference is that 6 of the nine games have already gone our way. With a large amount of luck that will continue into next weekend. If it doesn't then so be it. But, again if Crawley or Torquay slip up I want us to take advantage.

Back