• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will he stay or will he go?

• Brown will stay

Votes: 196 86.7%
  • Brown will resign

Votes: 27 11.9%
  • Brown will get sacked by RM

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
Stay, he would be stupid to resign and Ron would be sack him. He will stay here until the right offer comes along from the right club.

Who knows maybe Sunderland might come knocking if they decide to ditch Moyes.

See it.. ta

I think he will stay and try and build on the work he has done so far. I think, that with a few quality additions in the summer (and of course holding on to the likes of Cox, Lenny, Tommo et al) and also with a bit of luck on the injury front, we should be pushing for Auto/strong play off position next season...

Stay. Big job on in the summer to keep certain players here. We need some quality additions and go again. As much as I'm not a Brown fan, each season we have improved on the previous one.

You forgot the Brown gets offered a better job and takes it option.

Sadly not Phil's biggest fan.....would love to see the Cowley boys have a go here.

Phil in my mind must stop signing old geezers or duffers....his list of poor signings is way too long with some of them now playing conference football which proves they simply was not good enough at league level....apologies to Piggy.

Sadly not Phil's biggest fan.....would love to see the Cowley boys have a go here.

Phil in my mind must stop signing old geezers or duffers....his list of poor signings is way too long with some of them now playing conference football which proves they simply was not good enough at league level....apologies to Piggy.

Who are you talking about?

We could do with more of your recommendations like......Jason Williams.:hilarious:

So two players then? Hardly a bad record Mrsblue. You seem to forget that two players who were on loan with us (PB signings) are playing in the England under 21 set up.

And both playing at a higher level than us.

So two players then? Hardly a bad record Mrsblue. You seem to forget that two players who were on loan with us (PB signings) are playing in the England under 21 set up.

Hines Nouble and King...three more to that long list.

Brown will stay regardless because a) Ron doesn't have the money to sack him b) Brown wouldn't resign and c) The two seem to have a decent enough working relationship.

Although I voted that he will stay, this doesn't for one moment mean that I want him to stay. For me he has been backed with the highest paid and squad and backroom team that I can ever remember in my two and a half decades of supporting the club.
You could argue that we would have taken coming 7th in late September, but it's not late September, we have choked the past half a dozen matches and should have a play off spot cemented.

Come August, Brown will still be here (I still pray for a minor miracle it's in the Championship) but is this season a failure or a success? What is our target next season? I am sure that a play off spot was a target considering some of the high earners signed this season.

Hines Nouble and King...three more to that long list.

Agreed they're not the best players but they're not playing in the conference as per your post.

Every manager throughout the football leagues sign players and regret it, that's football. Pogba for Man U (100m) in my eyes is a poor signing.

I bet if you were to tell us your favourite manager for Southend, we could list lots of poor signings.

Agreed they're not the best players but they're not playing in the conference as per your post.

Every manager throughout the football leagues sign players and regret it, that's football. Pogba for Man U (100m) in my eyes is a poor signing.

I bet if you were to tell us your favourite manager for Southend, we could list lots of poor signings.

Favourite gaffer is easy ...Steve Tilson!

Yep he signed a few duds,but he signed some fabulous players ,some of the football was breathtaking to watch.

Back