• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will he stay or will he go?

• Brown will stay

Votes: 196 86.7%
  • Brown will resign

Votes: 27 11.9%
  • Brown will get sacked by RM

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
I feel a bit dirty agreeing with you ;) but this is spot on.

Whatever way you look at it, PB has taken some tremendous stick on here. Anyone remember Deadline Day in August when the world ended when we didn't sign anyone? You've picked "better" teams than him. You've bemoaned his transfer policy (any team in this division would give their eye teeth for Ferdinand, Ranger and Cox). You only have to speak to the players and many of them will tell you that they signed for us BECAUSE of Phil Brown. (and coz Ron tells them they'll have a nice shiny stadium to play in).

I can't believe that people actually call for the head of a manager who has taken us up, over achieved in a higher division and has got us fighting for a play off place on the last day of the season. Yeah, so he does a bit of press work and makes unpopular decisions from time to time.

I mean, really, WHAT THE **** DO SOME OF YOU PEOPLE WANT??

The reality is that we have a more than decent manager. His record speaks for itself. He views this as a long term project (ask him, he will tell you this) and we've improved season on season with him. So why should we, or he, seek to end that.

Hmmm so the players will tell fans

a,wanna play in a new stadium and Phil persuaded me to sign

or

b,I signed for the money,don't care about the stadium because it won't happen whilst I'm here and the manager gave me the deal I wanted.

You choose.

Sadly not Phil's biggest fan.....would love to see the Cowley boys have a go here.

Phil in my mind must stop signing old geezers or duffers....his list of poor signings is way too long with some of them now playing conference football which proves they simply was not good enough at league level....apologies to Piggy.

That statement is like saying Hitler was a bit of a scally !

We won 3-0 away at Sheffield United, so what does that tell you?

I'll answer it myself. It tells you absolutely nothing at all.

The only stats that matter are where you finish in the league and top 7 or higher is way above our budget and expectation.

The only stats that matter are where you finish in the league and top 7 or higher is way above our budget and expectation.

What is the budget?

Slippery slope Andy .......................

I very much suspect he will stay. I don't know what targets Ron set him at the beginning of the season but suspect that we still have something to play for going into the last game (and it is not staying up) that he has exceeded them.

The fact that Ron stood by him at the beginning of the season also indicates that they have a good relationship.

There are though a lot of clubs like Ipswich, Wolves, Derby and QPR with past premiership experience and fan-bases that have stagnated in the Championship and would be a very attractive proposition should they come knocking. Sunderland would no doubt be his dream job.

I actually he suspect he is more likely to go if we do get promotion as his stock will have increased.

Daft poll.
Of course he won't resign as he'll then have no income next month.
Of course we won't sack him as we'd then have to pay 2x managers until he gets a new job, and form isn't nearly bad enough to warrant that.
As such he'll stay. And if he's lucky he'll get offered a better paid, higher profile job at a bigger club - and then we can have this discussion again.

I think PB's biggest problem (assuming we don't get into the championship via the play offs) will be to keep Ranger busy over the summer and keep him out of trouble!

He can't keep going to the pub with him all summer can he.

Am sure PB will be here next season regardless.

I do not believe RM cannot afford to sack him, and why would he? Despite all we have had a good season apart from the odd blip.
I do not believe PB will resign, as I am sure he has a vested interest in FF, with at the very least a shareholding in the venture, which he will surely want to stick around to reap the benefit.
I do not believe any Championship clubs will be looking at him if we do not win promotion.

I'd be very happy for him to stay for at least another season, we have a good thing going at the moment, and although results of late have been dire the team spirit created at the club has been superb.

3 or 4 decent signings in the summer and we'll be chasing top 2 next season - it's gotta be !

Onwards an upwards.

Hmmm so the players will tell fans

a,wanna play in a new stadium and Phil persuaded me to sign

or

b,I signed for the money,don't care about the stadium because it won't happen whilst I'm here and the manager gave me the deal I wanted.

You choose.

Why would a new stadium be anywhere near a footballer's list of priorities? Also Brown is a big name for this league, it wouldn't surprise me if a couple of our players were interested in playing for us because of him.

Also there's no chance your choice of replacement the Cowleys will be coming here, all the rumours I've heard are that Lincoln are desperate to keep them and will offer a lot of money to keep them there, there's no way we can sack Brown and afford to compete with what Lincoln can offer.

What is the budget?

This is the annual UK financial statement delivered by the Chancellor of the Exchequer to the House of Commons and the public. The event is usually held in March. The Chancellor presents plans for government spending and revenue generation, for example, increasing or reducing taxes......

budget

noun
noun: budget; plural noun: budgets

the amount of money needed or available for a purpose.

"they have a limited budget"

In the the sase of Southend, playing staff budget of circa £3.5m per annum I suspect...

This is the annual UK financial statement delivered by the Chancellor of the Exchequer to the House of Commons and the public. The event is usually held in March. The Chancellor presents plans for government spending and revenue generation, for example, increasing or reducing taxes......

budget

noun
noun: budget; plural noun: budgetary

In the the sase of Southend, playing staff budget of circa £1.5m per annum I suspect...
The wage Bill last season was c3.5m according to a previous thread about the AGM and accounts

Thanks Firestorm, that was a typo, it should have been 3 not 1

budget

noun
noun: budget; plural noun: budgets

In the the sase of Southend, playing staff budget of circa £3.5m per annum I suspect...

3.5 million was last season I do believe,so you and others don't know this seasons budget which I think has increased dramatically due to big name signings.

He's staying until new stadium is in place.....................so he will be here next season, season after,.........

3.5 million was last season I do believe,so you and others don't know this seasons budget which I think has increased dramatically due to big name signings.

The players wages were nowhere near £3.5m.

Why would a new stadium be anywhere near a footballer's list of priorities? Also Brown is a big name for this league, it wouldn't surprise me if a couple of our players were interested in playing for us because of him.

Also there's no chance your choice of replacement the Cowleys will be coming here, all the rumours I've heard are that Lincoln are desperate to keep them and will offer a lot of money to keep them there, there's no way we can sack Brown and afford to compete with what Lincoln can offer.

Some on here believe the lure of FF helped in signing our big names,which I think is cobblers,but there you go.

Of course the Cowley's won't be coming here,just wishful thinking on my part.

Back