• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jack Payne was a good player for us.He doesn't deserve this sort of name calling.

Agree mate, when the "call" to go north to Huddersfield came he took the chance, the money AND has now put himself on the edge of the Premship. Fair play to the lad.
And he still gets back to The Hall to watch us when he can.
Is it possible we might get more money from the transfer IF Huddersfield do go up?

jack Payne was a good player for us.He doesn't deserve this sort of name calling.

Yes he does, he is a Judas and jumped ship at the first opportunity. He's dead to me as far as any affiliation to my club is concerned. Dan Bentley at least put in a good shift and left with his head held high.... Jack Payne joins Nicky Bailey in the triple faced backstabbing Judas hall of infamy.

Not sure if Jack Payne would get near the Huddersfield team if they got promoted.

Historically , bit part squad players, who get 15-20 as a sub in a championship side , rarely figure in the Prem.

Yes he does, he is a Judas and jumped ship at the first opportunity. He's dead to me as far as any affiliation to my club is concerned. Dan Bentley at least put in a good shift and left with his head held high.... Jack Payne joins Nicky Bailey in the triple faced backstabbing Judas hall of infamy.

I completely disagree with this. Whilst i was disappointed Jack decided to move and felt he was best served by another season with us and making the wrong choice, he made the decision to try and go up a level and better himself. Granted he hasn't played week in week out but i think hes been an important member of the squad and stands on the edge of the premiership. Fair play to him

It was a decent pen in fairness to Jack and a good save. I think Westwood went the right way for all of them so he was bound to save one if he was going to keep guessing right

Telegraphed where he was putting it by his run up, but agree it takes bottle to step up.....saying that, with no name calling, I did laugh when he missed.

What a considered, rational and proportionate response to an employee fulfilling his obligations under a contract of fixed length and then opting to take his career in another direction.

Somebody linked to a podcast with Ben Coker a while back in which the biggest revelation for me was that PB consulted the players, unsure over whether or not Jack Payne should get his first professional contract. This business can be pretty harsh on those who give their best but don't quite make it, so clubs aren't terribly well placed to speak of sacred and unbreakable bonds when players decide to pursue other options.

Not sure if Jack Payne would get near the Huddersfield team if they got promoted.

Historically , bit part squad players, who get 15-20 as a sub in a championship side , rarely figure in the Prem.

Even in games where their best midfielders have been unavailable,he has usually got no further than the bench.He would need to have improved an awful lot to get even a brief appearance in the Premiership.

I do wonder, Why they signed him? Have Huddersfield over achieved? Do they think he is good enough/have potential to be a prem player?

Would be something else if Huddersfield made the prem, still think jack will get games in prem all be it from the bench mostly as I don't think they will over spend and just do there best to stay up which I can't see them doing anyway:sad:

Doesn't even make the match day squad for Huddersfield's playoff final.

Appears Jason Williams has gone to Wembley to watch his mate too. Shame he won't see him play.

If they go up wouldn't surprise me if Payne was ditched.

I was expecting him to make the bench , then I heard on the radio this morning that the Chelsea loaned was back from a long layoff and was going the be a sub. Thought that was it for Jack

Whenever I've looked at their lineup in recent months JP always seemsto be on the bench. If he cant start regularly in the Championship I can't see him being there long if they go up. Probably wind up at Millwall.

Back