• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I heard that we waived all add-ons to get more cash up front.

Not sure how true, but pretty reliable source.
Looks an excellent move by us. Sure, may have had a nice fee for their promotion but most add-ons would likely be appearances/goals related which, if he is loaned out or on the very fringes of the team next season, we wouldn't get any time soon if at all.

He hardly played in the championship, no chance in the prem. Despite his obvious talent we are a much better side without him as he is a luxury player that needs to be accommodated and he doesn't "come off" enough to make it worthwhile, our long losing run coincided with the time he was starting regularly and whilst he gave some good performances the balance of the team really suffered. Great option to have off the bench to change a game.

the penalty miss in the semi did not help his substitution position plus Huddersfield looked like they intended on using more big robust forwards from subs bench.
as for his future, i think he'll be loaned out to a championship side, Huddersfield will more than likely spend some of that £200 mil on bringing more German players to them

It was discussed about our dip in performance about whether some players would rather not get promoted as it would mean them losing their jobs.

Never truer when jumping up to the Premiership when the club has no choice but to invest to try to stay up.

First team regulars are likely to be replaced, fringe players surely have no chance.

Would like to see him getting some games in the PL next season, but think he will be moved on.

Ex Blues star Jack's joy at Premier League promotion

JACK Payne admits Huddersfield Town’s promotion to the Premier League has yet to sink in.

More...

I was speaking to a couple of Huddersfield fans at Depeche Mode on Saturday. Their opinion was that unless he had an incredible pre-season, he would struggle to even make the bench for them in the Premiership. Too much, too soon was the basic thinking, and the minimum they would expect was him being loaned out.

Been told he can leave on loan. Charlton and Oxford want him.

Hope not. I have a real dislike for Payne now. Personally hope his career fades to nothing like kane ferdinands
I think it could well do so.
Ive no reason to dislike him,certainly didn't blame him for moving like he did,but never thought he was the fantastic prospect that many on Shrimperzone liked to imagine!

All come too soon for JP, I wouldn't be surprised if he was loaned out to a box-standard Champ side such as Barnsley if he's settled in Yorkshire

I remember seeing his smug little judas face celebrating in the Play-Off final and thinking, "you're going nowhere with them, pal!". I expected he would go out to a mid-low table Championship side. Seeing him drop to L1 (and a team that finished below us) provides me with much joy and satisfaction.

I echo T2H sentiments and hope to see him turning out for Billericay Town in 2 seasons time.

I wouldn't want him back unless it was just as an impact sub, he is a luxury and affects the balance of the side. I wanted him to stay and thought he should have been moved into a striker role had he stayed, I saw potential for him as a lower league Michael Owen. He's not consistent enough to sacrifice a midfield place and have him play behind the strikers IMO.

Back