• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jamel Campbell-Ryce

I'm going to swim against the tide ad say that, at times, I would prefer JCR .... he was very good at keeping the ball and drawing players to him.

When we were under pressure defenders knew they could whack the ball out to him and then move on up the pitch - something that last season's team could have done with! It would have stopped the ball coming back to us quite so quickly.

Jcr would pick up a hoofed clearance, tear down the line then have to beat the full bsck three more time whilst he waited for a team mate to get over the half way line.... Would deffo have him back. We can't afford him.

people who say he is no good forget it is us that are in div 2 he has always played at a higher level

Won the free kick v. Man U.

"Southend 0 Barnsley 1 (Campbell Ryce)
Barnsley will play Liverpool in the next round"

Just scored for Sheff United to put them 2 up at Loftus Road. Hope they knock them out, not a fan of Harry in the slightest.

Scored another in 94th minute to send QPR out. Unlucky 'arry maybe once Hoddle leaves you can bring in someone else to make you look like a 'decent' manager.

Jamal Campbell-Ryce exploits chaos in the QPR defence as the hosts fail dismally to clear a routine corner to poke in from less than a yard.
The Sheffield United winger has been impressive so far today though.

..............and that was before he added his second! Always remember one of my rare games at Roots Hall (over the Christmas period?) He scored a pair when we beat WBA 3-0........if my memory serves me right!

Finally developed an end product then.

To be fair to JCR, he was always a good player in those big games where we were underdogs, a great outlet and worked hard.

Some shocking QPR defending for both. Just toyed with the keeper and defender on the line for his second.

To the tune of "Match Of The day"......

I want to score some goals for Southend
The goals that keep us up

That win the F A Cup

With shots that rip the net

But I haven't really done so
And that's not really nice

Jamal Jamal jamal Campbell Rice!

Back