• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News Last Game of Season v Rochdale SOLD OUT!

If the capacity is limited to 8,500 it would mean that there are over 800 complimentary tickets!
As they are not paying why are the comps not in the South Lower and let the paying fans have the East Yellow and Blue?
Maybe because as a season ticket holder in the East Stand for many decades, supporting the team through the low points when crowds were sometimes around 1500 supporters, is it not reasonable for my better half to sit with me in the East Stand using one of my comp tickets?

If the capacity is limited to 8,500 it would mean that there are over 800 complimentary tickets!
As they are not paying why are the comps not in the South Lower and let the paying fans have the East Yellow and Blue?

Because comps are likely for sponsors, potential business partners as well as players and families etc. Hardly wise to stick them in the south lower.

I believe that the consortiums priority is the N/W corner, including loos and catering

I really hope so.

Saturday is going to be a nightmare again in the W block.

Nobody ever sits in their seat and it's always 3 deep in the aisle with lairy youth. Not knocking the atmosphere but can be a right pain in the arse.

The X block being opened all the time and the corner again for big games will be really helpful.

Because comps are likely for sponsors, potential business partners as well as players and families etc. Hardly wise to stick them in the south lower.

I couldn't disagree with you more. We are giving away over 800 tickets which is ridiculous. If we were to give each player 4 tickets it equates to less than 100 tickets.
Sponsors will take an extra 50-100. Even if we give an extra 100 to staff this amounts to 300 max.

Business partners would normally pay. My company sponsors a football league club and are happy to pay for x amount of tickets at the start of the season in a decent area.
The South Lower is not Gaza - it just has worse views than the rest of the ground.

Maybe because as a season ticket holder in the East Stand for many decades, supporting the team through the low points when crowds were sometimes around 1500 supporters, is it not reasonable for my better half to sit with me in the East Stand using one of my comp tickets?

OK so I have supported Southend for many years having been to over 1000 games (home and away). I was a season ticket holder in the South Upper however due to family commitments I can't go to all home games so have not in the past few years purchased a season ticket. I do however still go to the majority of games.
Are you seriously telling me your wife who may go to a couple of games a season deserves the ticket to fans like myself? If you are you are seriously delusional!

Folk getting the arse about not getting a seat is a recurring problem when we are on a successful run, like now. Sadly what's now available for Saturday is what's available, and no amount of getting the ache on here is going to change it. I hate to say this, but the earlier you buy a ticket for a game, the more chance you have of sitting where you want to sit.

I really hope so.

Nobody ever sits in their seat and it's always 3 deep in the aisle with lairy youth. Not knocking the atmosphere but can be a right pain in the arse.

The X block being opened all the time and the corner again for big games will be really helpful.
@DoDTS has been warned about his outrageous behaviour before. :Winking:

I really hope so.

My experiences of W block are few and far between now a days but on the big games I stand there and I’m shocked at how dangerous it becomes when it’s that crowded - I’m surprised the club aren’t forced to open X to relieve the crowd

What do you thinks going to happen ? Genuinely

I'll get to the game to find not one but 2 or 3 already in my seat and will end up in my seat with 2 or 3 standing in the isle Infront of me.

The stewards will continually come down the walkway asking people to keep it clear when it's obvious that all seats are taken and a token gesture.

Shame really, you'd imagine this would easily go above 8k, perhaps even close to 8.5k. Roughly 15k+ worth of income missed on ticket sales alone, money we could really do with.

It is what it is though and can't be helped at this stage, lets hope it is for next season though. Would be amazing to go into this game with a chance of playoffs still being possible.

OK so I have supported Southend for many years having been to over 1000 games (home and away). I was a season ticket holder in the South Upper however due to family commitments I can't go to all home games so have not in the past few years purchased a season ticket. I do however still go to the majority of games.
Are you seriously telling me your wife who may go to a couple of games a season deserves the ticket to fans like myself? If you are you are seriously delusional!
No I am not seriously delusional. You have made a big assumption that my better half has not been to many games both home and away aswell.

I am not going to get into a big debate, I was purely giving a different perspective to yours.

Hope you do get a seat.

It's going to be a fantastic atmosphere at the Hall on Saturday.

Come on you Shrimpers.............

I couldn't disagree with you more. We are giving away over 800 tickets which is ridiculous. If we were to give each player 4 tickets it equates to less than 100 tickets.
Sponsors will take an extra 50-100. Even if we give an extra 100 to staff this amounts to 300 max.

Business partners would normally pay. My company sponsors a football league club and are happy to pay for x amount of tickets at the start of the season in a decent area.
The South Lower is not Gaza - it just has worse views than the rest of the ground.
A fair part of the ‘800 ticket giveaway’ is for those paying punters in hospitality….

Unless I'm missing something the tickets for this went on sale weeks ago. I had no problem getting mine, in my usual seats. The later you leave it the bigger the risk you don't get to sit where you wish surely.
True where have all of extra supporters come from ? I don’t remember a panic for tickets for our first home game and what has happened to our anti Ron brigade are they still boycotting Roots Hall or trying to buy tickets for our last match?

Back