• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think its a done deal also , now just waiting for the transfer window to open, until then he is free to play for us.Also think that RM and PB have already looked at a replacement, its just a gut feeling i have.

I agree. I’ve also got a pretty strong gut feeling today, but that may be all the food yesterday

He was superb in the opening 20 mins today , stopped them breaking on at least 5 occassions, normally Holmes!

Best scenario for us would be an agreed deal with a 5 month loan back to the end of the season.

Best scenario for us would be an agreed deal with a 5 month loan back to the end of the season.

Zero chance of that happening!

They are signing to play straight not to develop over time. Leonard has served him time, come January he will rightly be lining up in the championship!

Lenny deserves his chance. It Will be a huge blow. But we have turned down several offers. I'm guessing they will come back with a higher offer. I would imagine that Saturday will be the last time we see Lenny in a blues shirt.

I have one request of the management.

Use the money to sign some young and bright talents from league 2 and the conference. Do not bring in anymore 30+ has beens.

Lenny deserves his chance. It Will be a huge blow. But we have turned down several offers. I'm guessing they will come back with a higher offer. I would imagine that Saturday will be the last time we see Lenny in a blues shirt.

I have one request of the management.

Use the money to sign some young and bright talents from league 2 and the conference. Do not bring in anymore 30+ has beens.

They'll use the money to pay bills and put a temporary stop-gap on the £1M losses that we're making. If anyone thinks it'll be spent on players you're living in a fantasy land.

They'll use the money to pay bills and put a temporary stop-gap on the £1M losses that we're making. If anyone thinks it'll be spent on players you're living in a fantasy land.

which is exactly what the money should be spent on, IMHO if he goes next month given our position in the league it could be time to give some of our youngsters a chance to replace him before shelling out in the summer if we haven't got a replacement in house

which is exactly what the money should be spent on, IMHO if he goes next month given our position in the league it could be time to give some of our youngsters a chance to replace him before shelling out in the summer if we haven't got a replacement in house

Agree - or maybe a loan signing if a reasonably decent option is available

I hate to say it, but I wonder if Kieran Richardson will re-emerge at boots and laces in the next week?

PB was apparently impressed by him but we couldn’t afford him and Wright at the time, and the club would possibly see him as a cheap short term replacement in centre midfield where he can play, along with covering defensive duties...

Could be his last game at Roots Hall on Saturday - will be interesting to see his reaction.....

It'll be whole-hearted and exemplary as always.

Of course it will - I was thinking at the end of the game: - will he be blowing kisses and throwing his shirt and boots into the crowd. If so he could be gone Monday morning. What's the deadline for a player to sign in order to be able to play?

I hate to say it, but I wonder if Kieran Richardson will re-emerge at boots and laces in the next week?

PB was apparently impressed by him but we couldn’t afford him and Wright at the time, and the club would possibly see him as a cheap short term replacement in centre midfield where he can play, along with covering defensive duties...

We have made enquiries for Bobby Charlton.

I was there when Bobby Charlton played at Roots Hall, for Preston North End in 1974-75! :thumbsup:

... :smile:

February 1975, so was quite muddy, from memory, in the days when pitches looked like that in the second half of the season.

Just a bit of green in the corners, like you used to get.

Guthrie and Brace chatted regularly during the first half. At one point, pulling up a couple of chairs on the centre circle to discuss tactics, whilst a ballboy went out into Fairfax Drive to collect a shot from Sir Bobby that took a deflection off Mel Holden's head and sailed over the North Bank roof.

Southend United v Bert Traumann(aka Man City) 1956 I think......now THAT was a mud heap of a pitch.

Back