• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The long walk up 'Cowards Way' seems very long and I half expected to see a boy in striped pyjamas the other side of the spiked metal fencing. That contrasts with the staff who all seem friendly and the announcer who is a 1940's BBC throwback. Even their fans don't seem intimidating, they avoid the seats close to ours and chants aren't aimed at us other than the rather polite 'Sit down and behave yourselves'. Not everyone in the away end is well meaning. 10,228 in and other the the away upper tier it didn't look busy.

Weird acoustics in the ground. Before it filled up I could hear a strange rattling noise which turned out to be someone fiddling with a bag of crisps 7 rows in front of me. Probably assists that 'aaaaaaaagh' noise they do but it doesn't get much of an airing.

I was sat in the very last row of the away stand behind the goal - vertigo territory and a birds eye view.

35 mins in not much had happened. Defence looked solid but Prosser's policy of letting a ball go out for a corner rather than risk a tackle has the potential to have consequences. O'Neil looked good, has a bit of vision going forward which could be useful when he knows the team. Deegan too showed a creative side on occasion but on the whole going forward we were poor with crosses failing to beat the last defender. Their attack was no better, passing to feet but going nowhere. Overall it's a bit......boring. Two timid teams defending and cancelling each other out in midfield. The game needed a goal to break it open, someone needed to have something to lose and someone needed to fear a loss to spark some action. And all it took was a half a chance, bit of movement down the right, Worrall to Mooney then that moment when time stops as the ball goes over the keeper but you don't believe it means anything till you see the net bulge. 0-1

Five minutes after the second half kicked off we were two up - another fairly innocuous move, tame free kick, bit of movement on the left then Barrett popped up totally unmarked to head in right under our noses. Then promptly went off injured.
Pigott had a decent shout for a penalty a few minutes later but when two goals up the officials aren't going to feel the need to do you any favours.

Largely containment after that. Timlin fighting a few lost causes, Worrall beating 4 players with the ball at his feet, two great saves from Bentley, a quality ball into the area from Pigott that Mooney should have had the legs to convert and lots of Millwall fans leaving early.

Two shots on target - two goals and none conceded, better teams to be faced but for now happy enough with that.

Yes you voltage yellows!! Happy weekend, didn't see that coming to be honest, but Millwall were a lot poorer than we expected. Happy to see Mooney get another goal and also the legend that is Adam Barrett with his second of the season. I guess he has been a successful return. Let's hope the injury isn't to bad. Guess I will even watch the football league show this week. Have a good weekend everyone, let's enjoy it while we can.UTB

Plus the league table look even better, if we win at Root Hall, it's will look even better! We got 43 more points to go, to pass the 50 pts safety mark!

Great result for the Blues. On a side note, Chris Phillips has just tweeted that Phil Brown didn't want to speak to him and would only let him speak to Williams. Wonder what that is all about?

A good win against a poor Millwall side. Not a great game littered with mistakes. Two very well taken goals but we did sit back after scoring the second and then thankful to Bentley for at least three top draw saves. Work rate of team very good but still lack composure at times. But, an away win is always very welcome in this league. Just need to sort out home form now. Good afternoon and my son even got involved in the half time entertainment. As for the Millwall fans, they don't change. Absolute disgrace and the stewards just stand and watch it going on, a family club they are not!

Good away result with a weakened side, only 4 shots and 2 on target so two score twice was a result.

I tell you what, we needed a win after last week. Ugly or pretty it doesn't matter as much as building a 'hard to beat' mentality and believing we belong in this division. We may just be starting to believe. Well done Blues and Phil.

Good to see players come in a perform. Hopefully it'll cause some 'first team players' to up their game and fight to regain their spot.

A good win against a poor Millwall side. Not a great game littered with mistakes. Two very well taken goals but we did sit back after scoring the second and then thankful to Bentley for at least three top draw saves. Work rate of team very good but still lack composure at times. But, an away win is always very welcome in this league. Just need to sort out home form now. Good afternoon and my son even got involved in the half time entertainment. As for the Millwall fans, they don't change. Absolute disgrace and the stewards just stand and watch it going on, a family club they are not!

Really? What happened? I was at the back and they seemed good as gold from where I was. I was more disappointed at the amount of songs from our end aimed at them and the number of beer bottles chucked from our end onto our own fans.

[/B]Really? What happened? I was at the back and they seemed good as gold from where I was. I was more disappointed at the amount of songs from our end aimed at them and the number of beer bottles chucked from our end onto our own fans.

The guys in the top tier to our left were constantly doing cut throat signs at us. More annoying was when my son was taking part in the half time entertainment us parents were by the corner flag, Millwall fans were leaning over from the top tier abusing us and then some in the lower tier joined in including calling one of our young fans a fat ****! The stewards did nothing!

The guys in the top tier to our left were constantly doing cut throat signs at us. More annoying was when my son was taking part in the half time entertainment us parents were by the corner flag, Millwall fans were leaning over from the top tier abusing us and then some in the lower tier joined in including calling one of our young fans a fat ****! The stewards did nothing!
All that passed me by, not good. Stewards should deal with that straight away considering that they say they are changing their reputation.

Back