• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good solid away performance. 7's for everyone except Pross and Bents who were 8's.

This might get a bit of discussion time as the week unfolds. Nobody is surprised at Daniel picking up an 8, but Prosser, really? (that's irony before people jump on me). I'm really pleased for the guy and it will be interesting to see what PB does as a result of his performance. Good job we didn't flog him earlier eh?

This might get a bit of discussion time as the week unfolds. Nobody is surprised at Daniel picking up an 8, but Prosser, really? (that's irony before people jump on me). I'm really pleased for the guy and it will be interesting to see what PB does as a result of his performance. Good job we didn't flog him earlier eh?

Paul Clark singled Prosser out today. Solid at LB and quality at CB.

The guys in the top tier to our left were constantly doing cut throat signs at us. More annoying was when my son was taking part in the half time entertainment us parents were by the corner flag, Millwall fans were leaning over from the top tier abusing us and then some in the lower tier joined in including calling one of our young fans a fat ****! The stewards did nothing!

Those guys in the upper tier were an embarrassment to Millwall, they went off for a half time pint when we scored despite there being another 10 minutes to play and then they didn't show up until 10 minutes into the second half. Most of them went home 15 minutes early even though they were dominating possession. It seemed like they'd only shown up to hurl abuse, the quieter Millwall fans actually bothered to wait for the final whistle.

Wasn't a great deal of quality from us today but it was a result fashioned out of organisation, hard work and discipline. These are attributes that make up my favourite away day victories!

Excellent from Brown and the players - special mention for Bolger, Prosser, Deegan (calm and composed on the ball & broke up the play well), Timlin and Bentley (yet again!)

We were good today, really good, after the first 15 minutes or so anyway. Thought Mooney was excellent, good movement off the ball, held it up reasonably well including for Barret's goal from the short free kick and took his only chance of the game. Prosser was excellent up against Onyedinma, though he did seem to let him travel with the ball a little too far before intervening and he was evidently more comfortable in the middle once he moved across. Millwall were looking to cross the ball in or knock the ball up for Morrison and that rather played into our hands. Only slight disappointment for me was Piggott, who won precious few headers and who's work rate was I felt noticeably less than Mooney's. He got little service admittedly and he was definitely feeling a little frustrated as the game went on. I was however very impressed with our 'game management'. We knew when to play the ball long ands when to settle on the ball and keep it for a while, taking time over set pieces etc. As much as it's a pain when others do it to us at Roots Hall, every team does it and we did it well today. Bentley continues to show he's the best goalkeeper in this division, I will have to give him 10 in the ratings because other than a couple of slightly loose goal kicks he was faultless, and made 3 very good saves.

Bentley - 10
O'Neill - 7.5
Barrett - 8
Bolger - 7.5
Prosser - 8
Leonard - 7
Timlin - 7
Deegan - 7.5
Worrall - 7.5
Piggott - 6.5
Mooney - 9

Rea - 7
Weston - 7
Williams - N/A (2 mins)

Where is Jonny Stokes...been a bit quiet recently after 0 wins in a month. Thanks for your best player

Wouldn't say Piggott was disappointing today. He worked hard but at times can appear to look lethargic, their CB fouled him constantly but I admired him for keeping going. His tough did seem to desert him at times though. Guess he needs a run in the side really but on today's showing sego Hunt and Mooney who impressed again would be first picks for me. Piggott didn't do much wrong today and by on large was starved of service. As a team though it was very impressive

Mooney ran his socks off today. Him, Deegan, Bolger, Bentley, Timlin and O'Neill were all fantastic. Especially O'Neill I thought, who didnt put a foot wrong. If he plays like that, no way will White get back in the team. Definitely missed Coker, Prosser did his best, but looked so much more assured when moved back to centre back. Worrall started poorly, but grew into the game. The only average performances were from Leonard again and Pigott. No lack of effort, but everything they tried didn't come off. Pigott looked completely fed up when he substituted. Not much quality on show today, but the big difference from last week was the attitude and commintment shown. Very encouraging to pick up 3 points when key players were missing, and what a bullet header from Barrett. Terrific view of it behind the goal. We have to follow it up next week with a win against Scunny

Thought we did what we had to do today. Bentley, Prosser and Deegan were our best three I think - with Dan making some top class saves to keep us in the game.

I thought Pigott looked disinterested again today... you'd think he'd want to impress to try and stay in the side. O'Neill looked good and an upgrade on White - however, I still noticed a lot of long balls down the line - so perhaps this is an instruction from Brown. I often criticise White for his tendency to "hoof it down the line", so perhaps this is dictated rather than a flaw in his game!

I should be happy, another great away win, but im sorry this will almost def be followed up by a home defeat. Over the last three or four seasons we have struggled at home, if its formation, or expectation im not sure. 442, 451 , diamond formation, it does not seem to make any difference, a fortress we are not. Please blues give us some back to back wins at home.

Thought we did what we had to do today. Bentley, Prosser and Deegan were our best three I think - with Dan making some top class saves to keep us in the game.

I thought Pigott looked disinterested again today... you'd think he'd want to impress to try and stay in the side. O'Neill looked good and an upgrade on White - however, I still noticed a lot of long balls down the line - so perhaps this is an instruction from Brown. I often criticise White for his tendency to "hoof it down the line", so perhaps this is dictated rather than a flaw in his game!

He's even like that in training. It's his mindset. I think he's one of those young players that thinks it's all on a plate for him, without realising that he has to fight for the ball, use his head to find space, and fight to stay in the side. As I mentioned in another thread, he seems very easy to mark out of the game.

I should be happy, another great away win, but im sorry this will almost def be followed up by a home defeat. Over the last three or four seasons we have struggled at home, if its formation, or expectation im not sure. 442, 451 , diamond formation, it does not seem to make any difference, a fortress we are not. Please blues give us some back to back wins at home.

Hope you're wrong but fear you might be right. The way we play makes us a better team away from home IMO. However 3 great points today and I hope I'm proved wrong next week, up the Blues :Worthy:.

I said this in a previous thread , but the best thing Pigott can do is to watch Hunt and Mooney in training and learn from their movement and positional sense.
He is young and will improve and think he could have worse teachers than those two.

I thought it was a good performance today. I was sitting with the Millwall fans today (don't judge...my nephew took me and he's Millwall) and they were saying how organised and disciplined we were. Bentley made a couple of great saves which kept us in it and I thought Deegan had a good game. Ben the Physio was a star, especially when he grabbed the sweets being thrown!! I thought Prosser had a good game as well. Pleased to see Jason Williams get a couple of minutes as well. Thought the away support were fantastic...the Millwall were surprised how many we brought.

I said this in a previous thread , but the best thing Pigott can do is to watch Hunt and Mooney in training and learn from their movement and positional sense.
He is young and will improve and think he could have worse teachers than those two.

Very true, but it may be that he thinks he is good enough now without the learning curve. I do wonder whether his deal will end in tears come January, I hope not.

Didn't think we played particularly well today so this is a great three points. Bentley seems to have come of age this season and has added a level of consistency to his game that justifies all the hype. If anything I hope this game has shown Brown that he can make changes and still get a result - even if those changes were forced on him. Maybe he'll go wild one day and try something in midfield that doesn't involve Ryan Leonard? Not knocking Lenny today though - played as well as the rest of them. I think with Hunt in for Piggott we'd have caused them more issues in the final third.

I thought it was a good performance today. I was sitting with the Millwall fans today (don't judge...my nephew took me and he's Millwall) and they were saying how organised and disciplined we were. Bentley made a couple of great saves which kept us in it and I thought Deegan had a good game. Ben the Physio was a star, especially when he grabbed the sweets being thrown!! I thought Prosser had a good game as well. Pleased to see Jason Williams get a couple of minutes as well. Thought the away support were fantastic...the Millwall were surprised how many we brought.

Organised and disciplined is what Brown does well. Exciting to watch unfortunately not. I guess you can't have everything, I do think the team is set up better to take points away than at home.

Back