• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Really? I'm going to Twickenham to watch England v Australia in couple of weeks. No segregation required there and I fully expect to be knocking back ale in the pubs of Richmond before and after the game with fans of both countries. I'll let you know if anyone starts throwing darts into the crowd.

There is no segregation at Euro/World Cup football tournaments anymore and hasn't been for quite a while. Yes large sections are set aside for each team with minimal stewarding, but around the ground plenty of opposing fans sitting next to each other.

A terrific win but let's not get carried away because it was an ugly, smash 'n' grab away display won with heart and guts rather than decent football and we'll need to adapt when we play at the Hall. Hopefully Hunt will be back to give us a better dimension up front and make the ball stick.

Really felt for Pigott; thought he worked hard but just had one of those days where nothing went right and I actually thought it was a great gesture by Brown to sub him at the death with the game won to guarantee him a round of applause and hopefully give him a lift as we'll no doubt still need him.

Coker returning would definitely be a boost and I'd have no problem with Prosser staying in the side. Positionally he's excellent, he wins everything in the air, and I'd be very surprised if Barrett is fit for Scunny; he appeared to be holding his hamstring.

Can't agree with all this pro prosser chat. The only time their winger ran at him in the first half he didn't have a clue what to do and let him gain 40 yards into our half. If Harris had a bit more nous about him he would have double teamed him and got the ball out more to their wide right. Instead they looked for the ball into morison and failed to change their game plan. He looked shaky at cb, yes he can win a header but you need more than just that, his distribution is poor. Agree it's a squad game these days and he could come in handy at times (Lewis hunt esque ) but let's not go too ott on Saturdays performance,maybe it's more a case of he wasn't as bad as people had feared.

Can't agree with all this pro prosser chat. The only time their winger ran at him in the first half he didn't have a clue what to do and let him gain 40 yards into our half. If Harris had a bit more nous about him he would have double teamed him and got the ball out more to their wide right. Instead they looked for the ball into morison and failed to change their game plan. He looked shaky at cb, yes he can win a header but you need more than just that, his distribution is poor. Agree it's a squad game these days and he could come in handy at times (Lewis hunt esque ) but let's not go too ott on Saturdays performance,maybe it's more a case of he wasn't as bad as people had feared.

Paul Clarke was pretty complimentary, and he knows defenders.

Ok...and if Brett Angell said that Pigott played well on Saturday would you believe that as well....:-)

Paul Clarke was pretty complimentary, and he knows defenders.

You can't resist your Donna Summers can you? Love a bit of 2nd hand gossip match reporting! (NOT)
Go to an away game and then give your OWN report.

#fact

Last edited:
You can't resist your Donna Summers can you? Love a bit of 2nd hand gossip match reporting! (NOT)
Go to an away game and then give your OWN report.

#fact

Er I didnt offer my own opinion and just said what Clark said in commentary, and he was there.

That actually happened on a couple of other occasions as well but each time Prosser stayed on his feet and the winger ended up running out of space and ideas - on the final occasion literally as he tripped over the ball and it went over the line for a goal kick. We conceded a couple of corners but I'd rather that than him recklessly dive in and give the winger the freedom to deliver a cross or run in or goal. Maybe that's just me having recurring nightmares of Che Wilson continually doing just that to Blackpool's winger in the LDV final in 2003/04 or whenever.

I fail to see what was shaky about him at CB either. He was solid, won everything and nothing got past him. The only time Millwall got in behind us was in the right hand channel in the first half. Barrett has the edge because there's no doubt he's better in possession but otherwise there's little in it because his legs have gone and in my opinion Prosser is positionally superior and better in the air.

I guess you don't do a lot of walking. There can't be many (any?) grounds much nearer to stations (possibly Crewe) in our division.
I'm glad you enjoyed my post!
I've been to 60+ grounds and yes it's the closest to a train station, I was referring more to the fact it feels long as it's a caged in walk rather than the hike one would normally face on the surrounding streets.
I did use 'long' twice which is not very articulate.

Back on the Prosser subject. I rate him and was glad he was staying with us. Don't go with this squad player thing TBH, his job is to play well and make himself undroppable for the next game. It seems that Barrett and Bolger are Browns prefered pairing so it is up to Prosser and the rest to knock them off the perch.

Absolutely. I'm in the "I don't quite rate Prosser" camp but I fully agree with your post. If Prosser plays so well that he is pencilled into the first XI each week then that is fine by me. :thumbsup:

That actually happened on a couple of other occasions as well but each time Prosser stayed on his feet and the winger ended up running out of space and ideas - on the final occasion literally as he tripped over the ball and it went over the line for a goal kick. We conceded a couple of corners but I'd rather that than him recklessly dive in and give the winger the freedom to deliver a cross or run in or goal. Maybe that's just me having recurring nightmares of Che Wilson continually doing just that to Blackpool's winger in the LDV final in 2003/04 or whenever.

I fail to see what was shaky about him at CB either. He was solid, won everything and nothing got past him. The only time Millwall got in behind us was in the right hand channel in the first half. Barrett has the edge because there's no doubt he's better in possession but otherwise there's little in it because his legs have gone and in my opinion Prosser is positionally superior and better in the air.

totally agree with this, he did really well against their winger running him into the byline and blocking what little the winger tried to get in

Whats it like at Millwall now for away fans? Still got idiots? Will it be safe enough to travel by train for a Northerner?

Every club has its idiots mate. Can't see your game being high profile and one on the list of the Millwall boys to cause trouble at. Age old saying, don't look for trouble and you'll most probably (barring some outrageous bad luck) be fine.

Whats it like at Millwall now for away fans? Still got idiots? Will it be safe enough to travel by train for a Northerner?

Yep no problem at all. Cracking pre-match drinking too on the Bermondsey beer mile, which has catapulted it into one of the best away trips of the season.

Every club has its idiots mate. Can't see your game being high profile and one on the list of the Millwall boys to cause trouble at. Age old saying, don't look for trouble and you'll most probably (barring some outrageous bad luck) be fine.
At an age now (and healthwise) wont be able to defend myself let alone look for trouble.

Yep no problem at all. Cracking pre-match drinking too on the Bermondsey beer mile, which has catapulted it into one of the best away trips of the season.

Few of the lads are talking about London Bridge pre match.

plenty fine. I went with a mate of mine and had to walk past the front entrance in colours before and after the game to get from the South to the North where we were and i didn't get so much as a word

plenty fine. I went with a mate of mine and had to walk past the front entrance in colours before and after the game to get from the South to the North where we were and i didn't get so much as a word

If you were wearing our away colours they probably thought you have come to fix something in the road.

Back