• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bentley 9- Some top saves, any clubs watching will certianly be impressed.

O'Neill 8- A solid performance, good in attack and defence (unlike a certain other right back who i think he is an upgrade on)
Bolger 8- Did well, especially as first time back since the injury. Unbelievable progress compared to this time last year.
Barrett 8- A goal any striker would be proud of and a rock at the back.
Prosser 8- A good performance out of position and even better when pushed into the center. Let's not get carried away though, our other defenders were just as good.

Worrall 8- A good delivery for the first goal, back to his best.
Leonard 7- Not sure whether he was good or not, started poorly and gave the ball away a lot but did improve and covered a lot of ground.
Deegan 8- Really proved himself today. Exactly what we needed in midfield last week.
Timlin 8- Much better than last week. Should be our captain permanently.

Pigott 7- Seems really disinterested but as has been mentioned before maybe that's just his style. Should have had a penalty and they should have been down to 10 men. Also helped out the defence when needed, no complaints.
Mooney 9- Well taken goal and some good play with the ball at his feet. After a fairly average start to the season could prove to be a key player.

Subs:
Rea 7- Did what was needed. Unsure why he was dropped, he wasn't bad at all last week was he?
Weston 6- Little time to make any impact but did have a good run near the end.
Williams 6- From what could be seen from only 2 minutes he seems like a decent player. Would like to see him start in the JPT game.

The theory thay Millwall is in anyway still dangerous 1- After all the discussion about it being dangerous and not family friendly it turned out to be simply not true. And even if the Millwall fans wanted to start something the large police presence would soon have put a stop to it. No doubt if we are playing them again next season people will still come out before the game trying to suggest it isn't safe.

It's not his mindset, it's his style. We've had other players that looked a bit disinterested up front before but actually do quite a lot of work.

Pigott did O.K. last year on loan playing for us in League 2. He is now playing against League 1 defenders. He needs to man up, get tough, put a lot more effort in and use more guile to get away from defenders, instead of being a defenders dream to mark. He's at the crossroads of his career. Charlton have more or less dumped him. You would have thought that would have put the rocket up his wotsit.

Pigott did O.K. last year on loan playing for us in League 2. He is now playing against League 1 defenders. He needs to man up, get tough, put a lot more effort in and use more guile to get away from defenders, instead of being a defenders dream to mark. He's at the crossroads of his career. Charlton have more or less dumped him. You would have thought that would have put the rocket up his wotsit.

Agree - the next couple of months could be pivotal for Pigott but it might just be that he is taking a little time adjusting to life as it is now (and that I can understand). Not all players suddenly blossom overnight to reach their full potential.

For me Piggott had a poor game
when you needed a centre forward to hold it up and give the defence a rest bite, he just couldn't do it.
His second touch was always a tackle , industrius I give you, but will struggle unless his first touch doesn't improve
The same with Mooney, keeps falling over trying to get a foul, it's so important to take control, and bring players in.But really pleased he scored, that will only give more confidence
For me, I thought Deegan was immense.Got about them, great covering, broke a lot of attacks down
The yawn on here is always about Luke Prosser.
Had a great game and marshalled the defence when Barrett went off.
Whether asked to play right side in the middle or left back, just gets on with it
Very under rated on here.
Makes me smile, never complains or brings controversy to himself or the club.
Great win, great atmosphere, great away support
my family thoroughly enjoyed the away day
UTB

To give some balance a few of our so called supporters were an embarrassment with obscene gestures, vile language and trying to hide beer bottles under their seats, leading to a couple being taken out by stewards, only to return after sound words of advice no doubt.
If your son was in the inflatable when the sprinkler soaked him then hats off to one of the best halftime entertainments I have seen in a long time.

Yep my son was in the inflatable for the first leg, fortunately he didn't get wet. With regards to the behaviour, I accept that we also had fans that didn't cover themselves in glory, my main gripe was the abuse us parents took at half time whilst pitch side. There were stewards there but they did nothing. To call one of our youngsters a fat **** is completely unacceptable

Yep my son was in the inflatable for the first leg, fortunately he didn't get wet. With regards to the behaviour, I accept that we also had fans that didn't cover themselves in glory, my main gripe was the abuse us parents took at half time whilst pitch side. There were stewards there but they did nothing. To call one of our youngsters a fat **** is completely unacceptable
We nearly won the first leg, so good effort from your son. A few idiots that should be dealt with but are not due to fear I guess. Anyway hope the youngsters enjoyed it and got some photos as a memento:happy:

Accepted apparently but still embarrassing.

Sadly there are far too many morons who go to football to behave in a way which is unacceptable just about anywhere else.

Shows great depth of this team to make 5 changes and win the match.

Barrett was immense and Bentley is a superstar in waiting.

If only we could sort out our home form.

We nearly won the first leg, so good effort from your son. A few idiots that should be dealt with but are not due to fear I guess. Anyway hope the youngsters enjoyed it and got some photos as a memento:happy:

Indeed Ben loved it but was gutted to lose if only by half a ball! Must say the Millwall girls who organised it were brilliant, just a shame a few idiots spoilt it

To give some balance a few of our so called supporters were an embarrassment with obscene gestures, vile language and trying to hide beer bottles under their seats, leading to a couple being taken out by stewards, only to return after sound words of advice no doubt.
If your son was in the inflatable when the sprinkler soaked him then hats off to one of the best halftime entertainments I have seen in a long time.

You are right, some of these fans only seem to know one word in the English language that begins with "F". Not exactly family entertainment in the away end yesterday. What a contrast at Rugby Union matches with the different bahaviour of fans and players.

Good win for us mainly because of the tremendous work rate and good organization. We do need the likes of Hunt and Coker to come back though as we lacked a bit of quality yesterday which we will need against better sides than Millwall.

Great result, great atmosphere in the stand, a small group of their support were a disgrace and unfortunately 1 or 2 of ours too.
Bentley - class as usual 8
prosser - solid as LB even better at CH 8
barrett - normal day at the office plus good goal shame about the injury 8
bolger - solid aswell 7
oneill - comfortable on the ball and good ballplayer skipper should be worried about his place (cant believe the sun gave him a 6) 8
worrall -hard work and a bit of quality now and again 7.5
leonard - quiet but worked hard 7
timlin - all heart and effort, great choice as captain for the day, maybe permanent ? 7.5
deegan - his sort of game, so hardworking and a few decent passes, great to see his reaction at the end and the reception from the fans , cult hero 8
mooney - work work and more work deserved goal 8
pigott - poor not interested should watch others and match their workrate , a generous 6

Rubbish. They'll be waiting for a mistake, so they can claim they were right. Or they'll turn their attention to John White.

that would be funny if it wasn't so true. I'm sad enough to count his passes now in matches, just so I can contradict some 'hoof' comments with actual facts.

I used to love attending away games, always the hardcore turning out, giving 100% support. Roots hall is different, definitely more whingers eager to get on whoever's back but especially their favourite boo boy. I propose we make roots hall an away game! Give us all the north and half the west! Everyone sings, supports, encourages! Something is up with our home form surely?

It was a very enjoyable game and result that was a trademark Phil Brown performance built on a solid defensive platform and hard working defensive minded midfielders. Bentley was fantastic, Mooney had his best game so far and it was a real team effort. O'Neill is probably an upgrade at right back. Prosser did a good job slotting in and I see this as his role being a back up defender - I wouldn't put him as man of the match though as he always looks a bit shaky and lacks composure. As for Barrett, his goal was worth paying every penny of the £26 admission fee to watch!

Though it was a great result, I'm not sure the line up would be best suited at home, so it will be interesting to see if any changes are made for Saturday.

It was a very enjoyable game and result that was a trademark Phil Brown performance built on a solid defensive platform and hard working defensive minded midfielders. Bentley was fantastic, Mooney had his best game so far and it was a real team effort. O'Neill is probably an upgrade at right back. Prosser did a good job slotting in and I see this as his role being a back up defender - I wouldn't put him as man of the match though as he always looks a bit shaky and lacks composure. As for Barrett, his goal was worth paying every penny of the £26 admission fee to watch!

Though it was a great result, I'm not sure the line up would be best suited at home, so it will be interesting to see if any changes are made for Saturday.

Totally unfair assessment of Prosser's performance on Saturday. On paper Barrett had a tough job on his hands to look after three changes in the back four. Prosser done more than enough at left back, against a tricky wide player first half. Then slipped into the Barrett role comfortably instead of Rea who went to left back for the first time. So PB obviously didn't think Prosser looked shaky or lacked composure.

I thought the boo boys had moved on to our captain and Prosser was now of the hook. But hey lets not give any player credit if he has some previous.

Shows great depth of this team to make 5 changes and win the match.

Barrett was immense and Bentley is a superstar in waiting.

If only we could sort out our home form.

Barrett was not 'immense'. He played well, but no more so than the rest of the back 4. He also scored a good goal and punched the air a lot which seems to elevate his status in many people's eyes. If anyone was 'immense' it was Bentley.

Barrett was not 'immense'. He played well, but no more so than the rest of the back 4. He also scored a good goal and punched the air a lot which seems to elevate his status in many people's eyes. If anyone was 'immense' it was Bentley.

I'd say scoring a goal is a pretty good reason for your status to be elevated for that games ratings!

Back