• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Boring game, good results, Bentley best player would be my summary. Pigott continuing to un-impress as well, however a very good win and good that we took our chances as we didnt create many. While on the subject about Home fans, what about the abosulte tools at the front of the upper tier in the our end. Everyone near by must know who i mean, where they on drugs? Got pulled out in the first half by the stewards but continued some very strange behavior!

Watching highlights, that's definitely a penalty for the foul on piggott when he was through on goal. Also great header from Barrett

Did you watch on Channel 5? I've recorded it but couldn't bring myself to watch the whole thing. Any idea how far into the show we are on?

The anti Prossites who said he couldn't perform at this level will be biting their own tongues off after this strong and flexible performance both at left back and centre back?

The anti Prossites who said he couldn't perform at this level will be biting their own tongues off after this strong and flexible performance both at left back and centre back?

Rubbish. They'll be waiting for a mistake, so they can claim they were right. Or they'll turn their attention to John White.

He's even like that in training. It's his mindset. I think he's one of those young players that thinks it's all on a plate for him, without realising that he has to fight for the ball, use his head to find space, and fight to stay in the side. As I mentioned in another thread, he seems very easy to mark out of the game.

It's not his mindset, it's his style. We've had other players that looked a bit disinterested up front before but actually do quite a lot of work.

I did not go myself.

A great result

Would like to see the players ratings for match

THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN

A good win against a poor Millwall side. Not a great game littered with mistakes. Two very well taken goals but we did sit back after scoring the second and then thankful to Bentley for at least three top draw saves. Work rate of team very good but still lack composure at times. But, an away win is always very welcome in this league. Just need to sort out home form now. Good afternoon and my son even got involved in the half time entertainment. As for the Millwall fans, they don't change. Absolute disgrace and the stewards just stand and watch it going on, a family club they are not!
To give some balance a few of our so called supporters were an embarrassment with obscene gestures, vile language and trying to hide beer bottles under their seats, leading to a couple being taken out by stewards, only to return after sound words of advice no doubt.
If your son was in the inflatable when the sprinkler soaked him then hats off to one of the best halftime entertainments I have seen in a long time.

Thought we did what we had to do today. Bentley, Prosser and Deegan were our best three I think - with Dan making some top class saves to keep us in the game.

I thought Pigott looked disinterested again today... you'd think he'd want to impress to try and stay in the side. O'Neill looked good and an upgrade on White - however, I still noticed a lot of long balls down the line - so perhaps this is an instruction from Brown. I often criticise White for his tendency to "hoof it down the line", so perhaps this is dictated rather than a flaw in his game!
Funny how opinions differ from fans, I thought Piggot did well in his role, always challenging for headers but being light and young he usually came off second best but ensured defender was unable to get a clean header allowing us to pick up second balls. If he had stayed on his feet in the penalty area he would have scored as he had got in front of the defender. Money also went down too easily in the area instead of staying on his feet to give the defender more of a problem. Piggot is learning and will get tougher but will need fans support.

Great away performance, great atmosphere.
Teams like Millwall are perfect for us to play against. They are big and physical and cross the ball in a lot. That's where Bolger, Prosser, and Barrett excel. Heading the ball out is their bread and butter. It's when we play against the technical sides we struggle. That's why it's not as simple as just playing the same team next week, totally different game. Yesterday, being away, the onus wasn't on our midfield to break forward or Prosser to get forward. But at home them things are required so there will need to be changes. Deegan was fantastic yesterday but we can't just have Timlin, Leonard and Deegan sitting in our half at home. You fear we will do that next week and lack creativity. Be interesting to see if Barretts back next week because who do you drop out of him, Prosser, and Bolger if Coker is back?

To give some balance a few of our so called supporters were an embarrassment with obscene gestures, vile language and trying to hide beer bottles under their seats, leading to a couple being taken out by stewards, only to return after sound words of advice no doubt.
If your son was in the inflatable when the sprinkler soaked him then hats off to one of the best halftime entertainments I have seen in a long time.
'Obscene gestures and vile language' I'm pretty sure there are obscene gestures and vile language in almost every football league game every weekend. Hardly anything out of the ordinary.

Paul Clarke former Blues manager picked out Prosser for a very good performance, he,s not a left back but played well in that position, PB never mentions Prosser how ever good he plays, Give Prosser a run at centre back rather than sitting in the stands week in week out. He looking to establish his future hopefully at Roots Hall.

I don't think he's quite good enough for L1 and brown seems to agree, which is why he's backup. However I'm glad he did well and if he proves me wrong then great, I don't really want to be proven right because that would be at the detriment of the team. I'm also glad O'Neill did well because that will give White reason to work harder to up his performances.

Back