• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It wont be Chris Powell now. If it was I think it would have been announced already as he is scouting for Spurs so could get out whenever he wanted, so why wait with only 9 days of the transfer window left?

I think it will be a surprise appointment that none of us expected.

Ron has already made it clear that the delays are with getting a full managerial TEAM in place. And, as always, just because nothing has been announced, it does not mean nothing is happening in the background.

Honest question. How do you know this, aside from say the article in the echo?

If Chris Phillips says its Chris Powell its pretty much guaranteed.

Plus there was a photo on Saturday of Chris Powell on the train coming back with Southend fans. Big co-incidence if not.

If Chris Phillips says its Chris Powell its pretty much guaranteed.

Plus there was a photo on Saturday of Chris Powell on the train coming back with Southend fans. Big co-incidence if not.

Chris Phillips hasnt actually said that it is defo Chris Powell

also wasnt the photo posted on social media of Powell on the train photo shopped, sure the guy even said so

Honest question. How do you know this, aside from say the article in the echo?

If I revealed my source it not only would cause embarrassment but would also deny me the odd snippet of goss that I do occasionally get.

Soz - but trust me.

Having said all that... nothing's done until it's done, as they say. I suppose that whilst everything remains unsigned and unannounced, anything can happen.

Chris Phillips hasnt actually said that it is defo Chris Powell

"It seems to me that the club want to get the whole managerial team sorted before announcing Powell. But time is running out to bring in new players, that's my main worry."

If I revealed my source it not only would cause embarrassment but would also deny me the odd snippet of goss that I do occasionally get.

Soz - but trust me.

Having said all that... nothing's done until it's done, as they say. I suppose that whilst everything remains unsigned and unannounced, anything can happen.

I suppose it's like HP and tomato - different sources (Grooooaaan apologies for that) my source says something different so I suppose that proves I don't know and we must wait and see.

The bookies are quoting odds for the vacancies at Oxford and Milton Keynes but not for us. Therefore they must feel it's all a done deal and Chris Powell is the man.

I wont reveal sources either but my u understanding is Powell has accepted the job. Dean Austin will be his assistant. Or at least that's the plan.
I also wouldn't be surprised if Tilly is in the mix but that's me making some logical connections.

I'd expect there to be a big bang announcement.

I hope it's soon

I'd be surprised if Tilly was involved. Where would he fit in? Assuming we're keeping Maher, plus CP & Dean Austin.

If Chis Powell has been offered the job and accepted (even if its subject to one or two niceties) then there is no reason why he would not already identifying targets so as not lose time.

Dean Austin would be a very solid number two.

Well having Austin involved also is genuinely a huge plus

If Austin is to be involved then will we get Bridge back with him -as wasn't it on his recommendation that Bridge went to Northampton?! I note Bridge hasn't even made the subs' bench for them so far

Suggests to me that Brown's departure was a late change of plan by Ron rather than having Powell lined up well in advance too

Back