• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

According to CP Phil has spoken to Ranger, and apart from the 3 weeks at the start of his sentence he's not had any access to gym equipment and has been confined to a cell for 23 hours a day!

Nile deserves what he got but to deprive prisoners of any kind of rehab, exercise or stimulation is not acceptable

23 hours a day seems rather execssive, I wonder if it was for his own protection?

Anyway surely this is last chance saloon now, a fit and available Ranger makes a big difference to us so fingers crossed he knuckles down.

23 hours a day seems rather execssive, I wonder if it was for his own protection?

Anyway surely this is last chance saloon now, a fit and available Ranger makes a big difference to us so fingers crossed he knuckles down.
very possible; and likely that some herbert would seek to make himself "a face" by duffing up Nile

The more I read about Ranger makes me think we are wasting our time with him. If last season is anything to go by he won't be fit for weeks leaving us a man short in the very position we need action.

The more I read about Ranger makes me think we are wasting our time with him. If last season is anything to go by he won't be fit for weeks leaving us a man short in the very position we need action.

I do agree, if anyone needed to keep their fitness ticking over & a full blown pre season it was Nile. He'll be 2-3 months away from being able to do 90 mins. There's a very good chance he will pick up an injury being rushed.

Saying that he is a very good player so this absolutely must be the last chance.

I do agree, if anyone needed to keep their fitness ticking over & a full blown pre season it was Nile. He'll be 2-3 months away from being able to do 90 mins. There's a very good chance he will pick up an injury being rushed.

Saying that he is a very good player so this absolutely must be the last chance.

It won't be 2-3 months!!!!
the normal pre-season is 5 weeks he will get 1 week so is 4 weeks behind. He has been given a personal trainer and a 10 day intensive program to catch up
He will be behind but if you think it will be 2 or 3 months before he can do 90 mins please open a book- I'm first in the queue..:-)

He wasn't fit by the end of last season. How long does it take for a young man like him to get fit enough to last 90 minutes.

It won't be 2-3 months!!!!
the normal pre-season is 5 weeks he will get 1 week so is 4 weeks behind. He has been given a personal trainer and a 10 day intensive program to catch up
He will be behind but if you think it will be 2 or 3 months before he can do 90 mins please open a book- I'm first in the queue..:-)
Genuine question, how many games could he have theoretically of played last season. How many did he play and in how many of those did he play for 90 mins? Luckily he has a reputation of being a great trainer and a man that has learnt his lessons and is unlikely to make another mistake that would affect his game.:dim:

He wasn't fit by the end of last season. How long does it take for a young man like him to get fit enough to last 90 minutes.

He was badly injured against Oldham, after they had definitely targeted him. So he limped through the final few matches.

Don't forget someone landed on his ankle at Sheffield, which meant he never started another game until the 15th October

It was no co-incidence that when we played with a fit Ranger, we generally got points and when we played without Ranger or with a partially fit Ranger, we didn't.

Absolutely a key player who'd walk into any team in this division and probably the one above.

Let's just hope he gets himself match fit pdq, stays match fit and more importantly keeps himself out of trouble.

The new skills he has learned in prison should be invaluable to him and the team;

1) To steal the ball
2) Solitary striker.
3) Getting over the wall.

On the negative side;

1) He could not do the full time.
2) He has recently associated scoring with shame.
3) Backing in may bring back too many painful memories.

If the players are getting sick of his antics it's the beginning of the end for Nile at Southend. Coker's social media response may well have been light-hearted but I gather Ranger is not the best trainer and controversy seems to follow him around. Clearly it was a lot to ask of such a flawed character to become squeaky clean but if his return unsettles the squad I can't see PB standing for it and by Ron's comments in the Echo, it's a legitimate concern.

Must be annoying for the rest of the players when the fans treat him as such a hero although that's only to be expected, supporters only see what goes on during a match and not the 90% that goes on day in, day out at training and around the club.

I have no basis for this but my gut feeling is by Christmas, Nile will be out of the door.

If the players are getting sick of his antics it's the beginning of the end for Nile at Southend. Coker's social media response may well have been light-hearted but I gather Ranger is not the best trainer and controversy seems to follow him around. Clearly it was a lot to ask of such a flawed character to become squeaky clean but if his return unsettles the squad I can't see PB standing for it and by Ron's comments in the Echo, it's a legitimate concern.

Must be annoying for the rest of the players when the fans treat him as such a hero although that's only to be expected, supporters only see what goes on during a match and not the 90% that goes on day in, day out at training and around the club.

I have no basis for this but my gut feeling is by Christmas, Nile will be out of the door.

I was feeling much the same. I think the next 3 months is make or break for the big man.

Can't see a Ben Coker tweet, myself.

That said, he does come across to me as a surly sulker at times.

Nile's done his behind bars time and done nothing wrong since he has been here.

I, for one, am glad he's back.

If that's the case, let's hope we don't have an injury crisis and have to recall him, like we did with Bilel.

Same here. From Ranger's tweeting before the sentence he certainly seemed like a team player. He has no reason to get his head down, work hard and knock them in.

I assume that this is the one:

MO 'Sussex'.

Having now seen it, seems like a fuss about nothing.

Use that expression myself, but never in a derogatory way.

Back