• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can't see a Ben Coker tweet, myself.

That said, he does come across to me as a surly sulker at times.

Nile's done his behind bars time and done nothing wrong since he has been here.

I, for one, am glad he's back.
Re done nothing wrong- was the story re the training ground drugs test issue and what he allegedly told PB not true?

My understanding was it was unproven, hence why he never received a ban from the FA and only a precautionary one from the club, pending the outcome.

Maybe now he's seen how bleak the prospects are for most other inmates on release, he'll take his head out of his backside, develop some consequential thinking skills and grasp what will surely be his last chance in pro football. Then again, maybe not...

My understanding was it was unproven, hence why he never received a ban from the FA and only a precautionary one from the club, pending the outcome.
so why did he receive a ban from us if had done nothing wrong? You can't say on one post that he has done nothing wrong since he has been here and then say that we gave him a ban on another post. If he hadn't done something wrong we wouldn't have banned him. Just because you aren't caught doesn't mean you didn't do anything

Surely it's the same scenario as being suspended from work, pending an investigation.

After the investigation, it turns out you didn't do anything wrong after all, so you return to work.

That suspension doesn't sit on your records, regarding future employment.

I assume that this is the one:

Or maybe Coker meant the tweet in a different way, in a good way. Don't read everything we see as negative.

I assume that this is the one:

Or maybe Coker meant the tweet in a different way, in a good way. Don't read everything we see as negative.

Hmmm, but as i saw it someone questioned whether this was 'banter' in his Twitter post, to which he then tweeted "No Banta" (his exact expression)... what does that mean?

I wasn't passing judgement on what Coker may or may not have meant, just relaying the tweet for those who couldn't find it.

As far as senior pros having a word, as I said it shouldn't be confrontational or aggressive but an arm round the shoulder and encouragement to have a good think about the direction of his life. I don't know Nile personally, but I do know enough about his background to suspect that he may be more receptive to hearing that certain standards are the expectations of his peer group for his continued acceptance than to the same message being received as a directive from an authority figure.

Back