• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We welcome all opinions, positive and negative, the board serves no purpose without both.

What we do not welcome is poor behaviour. Posting negative comments is fine, posting them in a trolling/annoying/abusive manner is not.

By all means criticse the club/team/ Brown , but doing so whilst showing others a little respect will keep you a long way from being on the moderated list.

Anyone who thinks we dont allow negative comments about the club and that it leads to a ban hasn't read any of my posts!

Edited for accuracy .............

Scored again for Pompey in their 2 all draw this evening.

There is no doubt in mind that Noel is a very good player - and I think he was very unlucky with injuries last season. A team like Portsmouth might benefit greatly from Noel being with them. I hope it works out for him because the Pompey fans will certainly get behind him.

Well from your comments, do you perhaps think we should offer him an increased contract (as to what is to believed as a pay as you play offer) & gamble, just incase, Ranger doesn't work out.

After all.. Cox & Hunt.. could work, along with the youth, such as Bridge in the hole doesn't seem a bad set up if Phil plays a 4-3-1-2

There is no doubt in mind that Noel is a very good player - and I think he was very unlucky with injuries last season. A team like Portsmouth might benefit greatly from Noel being with them. I hope it works out for him because the Pompey fans will certainly get behind him.

Pompey fans are a disadvantage now days as they take all their frustrations out on the players. Far cry from those scary days in the 80's

Well from your comments, do you perhaps think we should offer him an increased contract (as to what is to believed as a pay as you play offer) & gamble, just incase, Ranger doesn't work out.

After all.. Cox & Hunt.. could work, along with the youth, such as Bridge in the hole doesn't seem a bad set up if Phil plays a 4-3-1-2

Unlike some other posters, I have no insight into the clubs finances but I would try to keep Hunt if the budget was available. I recognise that there is a higher need right now to sign a central defender for example but it would, for me, be great to then add Hunt once the rest of the squad is in place.

I suspect (possibly know) that I am in the minority with that view.

Hunt played another 30 minutes for Portsmouth on Saturday in their 3-3 draw with Bournemouth, didn't get on the score sheet though.

I'm guessing we will find out whether he is returning on not after Pompey's last friendly on Saturday against Bristol City.

I personally don't think he will be back, which is a shame.

Hunt played another 30 minutes for Portsmouth on Saturday in their 3-3 draw with Bournemouth, didn't get on the score sheet though.

I'm guessing we will find out whether he is returning on not after Pompey's last friendly on Saturday against Bristol City.

I personally don't think he will be back, which is a shame.
dont think the offer made to him is still up for grabs, we would be made to waste wages on him now we have Cox.

Noel scored again this afternoon for Pompey. He got the first goal in a 7-0 thrashing of a young Liverpool foundation side on their training ground.

The general feedback on their forum, is that their manager Paul Cook is keen on bringing him to the club, but the fans see him as a bit of a waste of wages, as they are happy with the 3 strikers they already have & see no need for a 4th striker.

It will be interesting to see how he gets on, may do better in league 2. I like him and I know he is a decent player but the problem is getting him on the pitch. I get bored of players who are out for 8 games, then do a bit of training and then out for 2 months etc etc so I think its best that he leaves and tries his luck elsewhere. I just hope Timlin sorts his fitness problems out because he barely played last season. I'm a big fan of his and I just hope he gets to play a lot more this year otherwise he'll probably he let go because can't carry injured players and pay them nice wages.

hris Phillips a retweeté Noel Hunt ‏@boyhunt 27 minil y a 27 minutes
@SUFCRootsHall a warm thank you! I'll miss you all!

CpCcSkUWYAAv8nH.jpg

CpCcSktXYAU4fEt.jpg

Noel scored again this afternoon for Pompey. He got the first goal in a 7-0 thrashing of a young Liverpool foundation side on their training ground.

The general feedback on their forum, is that their manager Paul Cook is keen on bringing him to the club, but the fans see him as a bit of a waste of wages, as they are happy with the 3 strikers they already have & see no need for a 4th striker.

If he's been signed as a 4th choice striker that's a pretty useful signing. Playing fewer matches should help him stay fit.

You definitely need 4 strikers unless you only ever play 1 up front.

Nice words from Hunt there, hope he has a good season with Portsmouth. They really should get promoted this season with the squad they have.

Like so many, it's a shame he was never fit as he really did add a touch of class when he was on the pitch. The little drop shoulder against Scunthorpe before slotting in Coker sent 2 defenders for a Mars bar.

I could see why we let him go as we just can't afford to pay players wages and be injured for half the season but I hope he gets fit and has a good spell with Portsmouth as he was a likeable player and a very nice bloke!

Back