• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Another genuine question (...and thanks to Westy for giving some insight on the first log-in question): work log-in situations aside, why would you not just log-in once then stay logged in?

We ask people to log in because we want to understand the number of users visiting the site.

Having to log in also stops input from away fans. They can be annoying and abusive sometimes. (you can mod those out)
But I find a bit of good banter on the site with away fans good fun. I know they can join but as I do with other sites you only tend to look a day or 2 before game and by the time you have been allowed on the site it is too late.
Also when I leave the sight and come back I nearly always have to log in again. Does any one else find this ?

Bit late now, but instead of posters being banned for going over the top maybe a 'sin bin' facility could be introduced for persistent ********s. Mods to despatch said offender for 24 hours with the bin being visible to other posters. Maybe publicity would curb some of the more persistent offenders. The only difficulty may be criteria, but not insurmountable I wouldn't have thought.

This one has legs I think - perhaps a Red and Yellow card system - might even be a bit of fun.

Thanks for all the feedback and the very helpful replies by our Mods. Some of the things that have been asked for are already on the forum like,whats new or new posts etc, you just have to have a good look around the options available on here. Others are just not possible with vB.

We are looking through all the suggestions but for now we will implement 3 of them over the next few days.

They are:

Embedded tweets: (I give in :winking: and we have found a solution to this.)
Like and dislike buttons on posts:
Notification of quoted posts: You will be sent a pm notification if somebody quotes your post (this is a trial, so lets see how this one pans out as it may cause more bother than it is worth to you all)

With the tweets will the user name and picture be blacked out?? as maybe the person tweeting doesnt want it all over a forum. It could be a private user

certain posters always get away with much more than others. These posters are the ones with 0000s of post, it stupid just cause they post and have been on here years they think they can get away with treating people like ****

We dont treat long term posters any different from new posters to be honest, they just know by now how to treat others on here.

If there are any posts from any member of the board you feel cross the line then use the report post button at the bottom and we will review and deal with it, not matter who they are.

Having to log in also stops input from away fans. They can be annoying and abusive sometimes. (you can mod those out)
But I find a bit of good banter on the site with away fans good fun. I know they can join but as I do with other sites you only tend to look a day or 2 before game and by the time you have been allowed on the site it is too late.
Also when I leave the sight and come back I nearly always have to log in again. Does any one else find this ?

We 100% dont want away fans being able to post without logging in, we would get trolled to death.

You will always have to login to post but the point is some just want to read without logging in.

Its a fair point.

The reason its set up like now is to encourage people to join and interact rather than just lurk.

Food for thought though.

Bit late now, but instead of posters being banned for going over the top maybe a 'sin bin' facility could be introduced for persistent ********s. Mods to despatch said offender for 24 hours with the bin being visible to other posters. Maybe publicity would curb some of the more persistent offenders. The only difficulty may be criteria, but not insurmountable I wouldn't have thought.

This one has legs I think - perhaps a Red and Yellow card system - might even be a bit of fun.

This already exists and is already in use, hence some posters have taken breaks from the board over the last 6 months.

We just dont feel its necessary to shout about as its not needed often.
With the tweets will the user name and picture be blacked out?? as maybe the person tweeting doesnt want it all over a forum. It could be a private user

They are happy to post it on Twitter why would they not want it on forum ?

The only exception is if its a protected account.

Last edited:
You will always have to login to post but the point is some just want to read without logging in.

Its a fair point.

The reason its set up like now is to encourage people to join and interact rather than just lurk.

Food for thought though.

It's not rocket science to log in once and check the remember me box. Then you can read as much as you want. Don't clear your cookies though, that will boot you out.

Back