• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

And the most original one, composed by some of us old 'Leigh Comm lads' in 72, when us & Brentford were vying for promotion.

Brentford promotions not for you, it's going to the boys in Blue, bye, bye, Brentford
We play hard all season through, we play so much better than you, bye, bye, Brentford
Have you anyone to match our goalie,
All the credit must go to Arthur Rowley.
So pack up all your kit in one
3rd division here we come
Brentford, bye, bye.

Problem was, we were the only ones who knew the words, and sung it!.

That was definitely a song only Leigh Com knew. I remember Paul Pacey and a few others switching the words to Tottenham/Chelsea and giving it full pelt at a Peter Holland party after the big Spurs/Chelsea battle in 1975 and Chelsea got relegated.

I certainly remember Bungle and Jocky Wilson. I think Bungle ended up enjoying the attention a bit too much. The chant of "There's only one Jocky Wilson" was a personal favourite. Miss those days.

Seem to recall a song along the lines of "Heeeee is eeeeeevillllll"

Whatever happened to Bungle, Jockey Wilson, Catweazel etc? Legendary stewards forever.

LOL :smile: .. Great memories.

I'd forgotten about them, especially Jocky Wilson!

I used to like the teasing...F, U, FUC, FUC me walking down the street and I start to cry each time we meet, Walk on By...

And I recall, we really weren't very nice to our friends from the constabulary. The following were Pak favourites in the early 70s:

Over the wall we go, all Coppers are B******s.

Kill, Kill, Kill the Bill.

Harry Roberts is our friend, he kills coppers (Harry Roberts was a cop-killer; I'm ashamed even writing this all these years later).

and (I'm not sure of the exact words but one song went something along the lines of...)
There was a laughing policeman, his name was PC Green, came into Southend's North Bank to get his head kicked in, first he swung his truncheon, then to his surprise, a tasty-looking skinhead kicked him in the eyes.

Harry Roberts is our friend, he kills coppers (Harry Roberts was a cop-killer; I'm ashamed even writing this all these years later).

Harry Roberts is still in the news, after being released a couple of years back.

Those were the days my friend we took the Stretford End
we took the kop and the Molineux, we took the Chelsea shed we left them all off dead
those were the days, those were the days my friend... la la la la la la la

For all Southend United supporters who went to the famous F.A.Cup tie away at Swindon Town in January 1969, do you
remember the following little song about Swindon Town's best player in that team, it went something like this:- "Poor Donny Rogers lies dead on the floor, kicked in the b....... by Sir Gary Moore.

We hate softly,softly,
we hate z-cars too,we hate Dixon of Dock Green, but Star Trek we love you!!!!

Whos that c$$t in the big blue hat,,DIXON,DIXON,
whos that c§§T in the big blue hat ,Dixon of Dock Green,
on the beat all day.
on the wife all night.... ETC,etc

Cannot remember many songs about our playrs ,other than Billy..
but remember one about Bill Garner...walks like a woman!!

or that "song" when someone got pulled out by the police and walked in front of the PAK...
NICK;NICK, la,la,la,la,la nick ,nick,nick,nick

even heard Nürnberg fans sing that song here,and im 100% sure they have no idea what its about

After Jan 1979:

A day to remember - a day to recall,
The great Liverpool - the greatest of all
They came to the Roots Hall in 79
Packed half the North Bank - their singing was fine.
But Southend were ready and ready to ruck
The great Liverpool got battered to f*ck

I'll get my coat!

There'll always be a Southend, while there's a Joseph Jaques;

We'll always come to give support and laugh at our mistakes;

Yes we're in blue, and what does it mean to you?

Show 'em your proud, get in the crowd,

come sing a song or two;

"your gonna get ur ****ing head kicked in"

"Your going home in a southend ambulance"

You are my southend, my only southend, you make me happy when skies are grey, you never notice how much i love you until you take my southend away" a la la la la

And the most original one, composed by some of us old 'Leigh Comm lads' in 72, when us & Brentford were vying for promotion.

Brentford promotions not for you, it's going to the boys in Blue, bye, bye, Brentford
We play hard all season through, we play so much better than you, bye, bye, Brentford
Have you anyone to match our goalie,
All the credit must go to Arthur Rowley.
So pack up all your kit in one
3rd division here we come
Brentford, bye, bye.

Problem was, we were the only ones who knew the words, and sung it!.
Big Ian Southgate and Charlie Welham came up with that song .

Cannot remember many songs about our playrs ,other than Billy..
but remember one about Bill Garner...walks like a woman!!

or that "song" when someone got pulled out by the police and walked in front of the PAK...
NICK;NICK, la,la,la,la,la nick ,nick,nick,nick

even heard Nürnberg fans sing that song here,and im 100% sure they have no idea what its about
Bill Garner Super Star do you know how great you are , sung to the tune of Jesus Christ Superstar , North Bank circa 71 72 .

On a less confrontational note:

I love my Southend
My only Southend
You make me happy
When sky's are grey
You'll never know just
How much I love you
??????????

Someone please finish the last line, it's driving me mad.

Back