• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Also the beginning of the end of Bill Garner love-in. SUFC/Chelsea he was:
Bill Garner, superstar, do you know how great you are.

Then by the Saturday, (v Notts County, I think?) after jumping ship to Chelsea, he was;
Bill Garner, superstar, walks like a woman and he wears a bra.

Oh yes, we could be quite scathing when required.

Ah, what memories! Seems like yesterday. What a goalscorer Bill Garner was, especially those headers. COYBB

Telford v Southend F.A.Cup 8th November 2008. I like the videos older than this, but this was such a great game, I've put it on. It's a really enjoyable watch. The commentators add to it as well. Clarky scored a good goal I thought, I still can't see the handball. Dodgy penalty decisions given, not given, and our two Frenchmen come good.

[video=youtube;i5c5Wce0ttM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5c5Wce0ttM[/video]

Fantastic match. The commentary makes it super exciting... fantastic passion in the voices. I know they said handball for the disallowed goal but I reckon it was Barrett being offside.

Fantastic match. The commentary makes it super exciting... fantastic passion in the voices. I know they said handball for the disallowed goal but I reckon it was Barrett being offside.

That's a great spot. I can see it now you've mentioned it, but I was just looking for the handball the commentator said. Anyway, gave me an excuse to watch it again. It's a very enjoyable eight minutes. I always liked Francis Laurent, although he could be really good or really bad. Now and again he would do something special that got the whole crowd out of their seats.

That's a great spot. I can see it now you've mentioned it, but I was just looking for the handball the commentator said. Anyway, gave me an excuse to watch it again. It's a very enjoyable eight minutes. I always liked Francis Laurent, although he could be really good or really bad. Now and again he would do something special that got the whole crowd out of their seats.

Like turning Ashley Cole inside out at Stamford Bridge.

The only thing if it was offside the lino should be standing there with the flag up and hold it in that position. The flag is down by his side indicating he has flagged for another offence, probably incorrectly thinking Barrett has handled the ball.

Chelsea south bank.jpg

Oldie but a goodie.
This is actually only half of the south bank, can't see the goalposts...

those games seem like only a few years ago,the SOUTH bank...wow what a picture....those WERE the days

Bill continued to live in the area all his life. I use to see him around a lot. I'm assuming he's passed now.

No, he's still alive. He played in the legends match at Meet the blues day a few years back. Was surprisingly fit for his age. I've seen him around town now and again.

Back