• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Phil Brown: Relax, signings are coming

He that played for 20 minutes or so?

Played the first half in the 3-0 win over Chesterfield. Played that delightful 40-odd yard ball to Straker who crossed for Hurst to score. Played for Scunthorpe and Orient in League 1 last season too.

Played the first half in the 3-0 win over Chesterfield. Played that delightful 40-odd yard ball to Straker who crossed for Hurst to score. Played for Scunthorpe and Orient in League 1 last season too.

Did he do anything delightful at Orient I wonder. If he contributed to them being relegated, well then, that would be delightful.

Luke O'Neill would be fantastic. He didn't put a foot wrong in the time he played and was absolute class. Where does that leave our skipper though?

Please don't let it be Don Cowan,.

Suspect it's Woodrow
Not prolific at Fulham despite 20 odd league games- but is still only 20
would be very tbh as he will have come on since we had him
wont be O'Neil sure- first choice full backs we have (doubt he would came as second choice?)

You may be right Spoons, all I would say is Bury supposedly had better players, quality wise (according to them) than we did last season, but I seem to remember that we still managed 4 points off them over the two league games with our inferior team. And currently two of their newbies are Southend rejects, so it's not all bad.
Peter Clarke is still good at this level and Pope is a proven goal scorer.
We could end up with having to select from dregs desperate for a club. The sooner new players are in the sooner the team can be built.

Peter Clarke is still good at this level and Pope is a proven goal scorer.
We could end up with having to select from dregs desperate for a club. The sooner new players are in the sooner the team can be built.

Yes, I would like us to sign new players soon, especially forwards. But the point I was trying to make about Bury was that their new players coming in now won't necessarily make them better than us. The 'rejects' bit was a joke by the way. I still have faith that PB will get players in that will improve the squad, we will see.

9faa4e553415a873cada84ff88c2d006.jpg

It appears my sources on P Towel were wide of the mark. It is as some have mentioned O'Neil from Burnley.

Kieran Kennedy ex Leicester is mentioned at the bottom of that article -presumably he's the trialist CP mentioned last night.

Kieran Kennedy ex Leicester is mentioned at the bottom of that article -presumably he's the trialist CP mentioned last night.

Guess so. Former Man City youth player who then moved onto Leicester who mainly plays as a CB. Wonder if this is a replacement for Thompson if he doesn't sign.

Suspect it's Woodrow
Not prolific at Fulham despite 20 odd league games- but is still only 20
would be very tbh as he will have come on since we had him
wont be O'Neil sure- first choice full backs we have (doubt he would came as second choice?)
I'm pretty sure Woodrow has just signed a long deal to stay with Fulham and can see him starting most games for them next season.

O'neill may be a useful addition to the squad, I don't really know because I didn't see enough of him. I'm a bit surprised that we need a full back as one of our first signings when both Cokes and the Captain are both still with us and contracts are good.

O'neill may be a useful addition to the squad, I don't really know because I didn't see enough of him. I'm a bit surprised that we need a full back as one of our first signings when both Cokes and the Captain are both still with us and contracts are good.

White (and Coker) missed part of the season through injury and having Leonard play as right back is not ideal as I think he is better employed in the midfield.

It's good to have cover ..... and competition for places, no?

Pretty sure o'neil would be coming in as back up for white. It showed last season having to play Lenny there that a bit more depth is needed. Sure o'neil can play cb as well.

Im a huge John White fan and i think he has been an excellant captain, but i would say that if fit O'Neill is a better player. Not sure he would want to relocate down here to sit on the bench

Last edited:
It's all talk from Brown at the moment, the fact of the matter is that other L1 sides, including our fellow (smaller therefore supposedly smaller budgets)and promoted clubs, have signed 3, 4 or 5 players already. And we have done nothing. We are slipping behind no matter what Brown says.

Why do so many still think we have a big budget. Its based on total income not gate receipts. They have virtually zero income from the stadium other than on match days. As you all know even when you try to spend money at the Hall our club don't want to take it. We will be well in the bottom half of L1 this season when it comes to budget.

Back