• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Phil Brown: Relax, signings are coming

Peter Clarke is still good at this level and Pope is a proven goal scorer.
We could end up with having to select from dregs desperate for a club. The sooner new players are in the sooner the team can be built.[/QUOTE

Someone posted an excellent link about Bury's finances a few weeks back. They have borrowed £1,000,000 with interest at £100,000 per month. That's a staggering 138% APR. Even the Greeks would laugh at this. A club that could well be the next Hereford is hardly a club to be admired.

O'Neill looked very good but he isn't going to be first choice and the player himself and Burnely obviously aren't going to want that.

If we sign Kennedy, I think that will be Prosser on his way.

I wouldn't look to Bury as an example. They're temporarily minted, so have been able to make signings early, but their bubble won't last I'm afraid and they'll be back to bucket collections again before long.

I am not in any way suggesting that we are a financial model to follow of course, being run by an absolute weapon, but I think I'd still rather be in our situation.

Phil said June is usually a dead month for signings, must be a bit unusual this year since 235 signings made in the month in total in the 4 leagues. Still only 4 more days to see all the newbies arrive:thumbsup: for us, so hang on

Jeez, stop flapping.

Complain about things when pre-season starts, whats the point of whining about it now.

Just noticed that Marc Cullen from Luton has signed for Blackpool for £180,000. This shows what we are up against regarding financing signings. Cullen didn't exactly set the world alight in Division Two last season and yet he is supposed to be worth nearly £200,000.
Brown is almost certainly having to work within a limited budget which does not make it easy for him.

Sorry to bring it up,i'm sure i've seen it on here somewhere, when do we return for pre season?

Just noticed that Marc Cullen from Luton has signed for Blackpool for £180,000. This shows what we are up against regarding financing signings. Cullen didn't exactly set the world alight in Division Two last season and yet he is supposed to be worth nearly £200,000.
Brown is almost certainly having to work within a limited budget which does not make it easy for him.

More to the point, where have Blackpool go that money from, they havnt got a pot to **** in and as a player why would you leave Luton to join that car crash of a club?

More to the point, where have Blackpool go that money from, they havnt got a pot to **** in and as a player why would you leave Luton to join that car crash of a club?

Do Wonga still sponsor their shirts? If they do then maybe the club have secured a loan with 4 figure interest rate.

Blackpool have plenty of money. The fans' concern is the owners don't want to spend it on the team.

Phil said June is usually a dead month for signings, must be a bit unusual this year since 235 signings made in the month in total in the 4 leagues. Still only 4 more days to see all the newbies arrive:thumbsup: for us, so hang on

Please reassure me that you didn't spend time counting those up yourself.

White (and Coker) missed part of the season through injury and having Leonard play as right back is not ideal as I think he is better employed in the midfield.

It's good to have cover ..... and competition for places, no?

Absolutely, but I would just rather that the effort was put into finding new front men first.

Its possible that they can actually look for different positions at the same time.

You beat me to it ......... just because you are at the greengrocers getting a bag of spuds doesn't mean you can't pick up a cucumber or red pepper and put it in your basket, does it?

Back