• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Luke Nightingale
Steve McGavin
Ken Charlery
Kevin Steggles
Gary Stebbing
Barry Hunter
Barry Hunter is currently chief scout at Liverpool Football Club joining the Reds in September 2012. He has also held similar posts at Blackburn Rovers(2006),Norwich City(June 2008), and Manchester City in December 2008 before joining Liverpool.

Known by too many. Doesn't fit the criteria.[/QUOTE

You need to look at the question again then. Criteria doesn't stipulate that they can't be well known personalities - just that you might have forgotten the played for Southend. I had until my son reminded me.

Known by too many. Doesn't fit the criteria.[/QUOTE

You need to look at the question again then. Criteria doesn't stipulate that they can't be well known personalities - just that you might have forgotten the played for Southend. I had until my son reminded me.

What I meant was that he is known by too many to have played for Southend, plus in his one game he made an impact by scoring a goal. But I take the point as some will have forgotten (as did you). But hey, it's my question, my rules, my criteria, my bat, my ball...

:raspberry:

Declan Perkins...

brother of actress Louise Lombard

also star of the Mike Bassett film and Dream Team on Sky!

Last edited:
A couple of loanees who went on to do good things.....

Scott Malone - now playing in the Prem for Huddersfield
George Friend - now playing at Middlesborough
Junior Stanislas - now playing in the Prem for Bournemouth

Kerrea Gilbert springs to mind. Came on loan with a huge reputation after playing both legs in Arsenal’s league cup semi-final and providing a great assist for a Thierry Henry goal. Made 5 appearances, didn’t impress at all and then began a steady descent down the leagues!

We have a winner. Thought he would be a major coup for us in the championship. Then played for us and looked out his depth as a pro footballer and disappeared.

Back