• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I was an extra in the Mike Bassett film, along with about 500 others in the scenes filmed at southend Airport!
maurice kyle & pat wright were on loan from oxford & Derby in 1970, & Roy Pack, transfer listed by Oxford,
played for Blues against Fiorentina on may 4th, 1970.
i also remember what must have been a friendly or testimonial match when John Hollins played for us!

A couple of loanees who went on to do good things.....

Scott Malone - now playing in the Prem for Huddersfield
George Friend - now playing at Middlesborough
Junior Stanislas - now playing in the Prem for Bournemouth

And,of course a former Fulham player.Never rated him too much ,either for us or Fulham.

Loved JS though.He was obviously going to make it at a higher level.

There was a young player - midfielder - came to us from Aston Villa. Finally got to play a few games and he was doing well (I think we were promoted from division 4 that season) but broke his leg and never got to play for us again.

I think he went to Notts County for a few years and then (perhaps) Tamworth?

More recently I can think of Asante .......... and a very short left back who then went on to play for Ebbsfleet (?) with Prince Harry I think. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

There was a young player - midfielder - came to us from Aston Villa. Finally got to play a few games and he was doing well (I think we were promoted from division 4 that season) but broke his leg and never got to play for us again.

More recently I can think of Asante .......... and a very short left back who then went on to play for Ebbsfleet (?) with Prince Harry I think. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Johnny Herd?

Jay Smith - cynically hacked from behind by Warren Goodhind of Cambridge United - think he suffered a dislocated fracture of his ankle. He missed all of 2004/5

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Smith_(footballer,_born_September_1981)

He did comeback with us after recovering playing 14 time in 2005/6.

A couple of loanees who went on to do good things.....

Scott Malone - now playing in the Prem for Huddersfield
George Friend - now playing at Middlesborough
Junior Stanislas - now playing in the Prem for Bournemouth

All good players and none of them remotely forgettable, along with Mulgrew mentioned elsewhere.

Let's change the thread title to random names from the past ?

All good players and none of them remotely forgettable, along with Mulgrew mentioned elsewhere.

Let's change the thread title to random names from the past ?

Must admit, I'd forgotten that George Friend had turned out for us.

Arno riera on loan from Sunderland I think.

May have been our championship season. Think he came originally from Barcelona.

Back