• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Probably be adding a few to that list as we go along I imagine. They'll want at least one more home fixture.

The West Ham one really gives me the ump as the club knowingly allow away fans in the home ends

The West Ham one really gives me the ump as the club knowingly allow away fans in the home ends

Winds me up too and is the reason I haven't gone to one in the past 6 years and never will again.

There will be even more of them now they've tasted a bit of success and the 50,000 season ticket holders.

Was hoping for a small home friendly to take my boy to his first game this pre season. Hopefully something will be added. Ideally something that only attracts a couple of thousand maximum.

Same boring crap every year

Great Wakering Rovers (A) - Saturday 9 July - 1pm kick off

Canvey Island (A) - Tuesday 12 July - 7.45pm kick off

Braintree Town (A) - Saturday 16 July - 1pm kick off

West Ham United XI (H) – Saturday 23 July - 3pm kick off

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/1617-pre-season-fixtures-3123778.aspx

Yawn.

As you say, same old **** every year. Talking to the Wimbledon fan next to me and he says it's the same for them.

I guess partly a function of most top flight sides these days buggering off to the USA/Singapore/India/wherever for a money spinner rather than gracing teams like us with their presence.

How long til the home game with Ipswich is confirmed?

Still no news of the Spain tour, they don't give the fans much opportunity leaving it so late

The club are not really bothered about fans going are they, especially if the game v Malaga is just a kick about on a training ground.
Looking at those dates if we are going to Malaga it will be mid-week sometime.

Winds me up too and is the reason I haven't gone to one in the past 6 years and never will again.

There will be even more of them now they've tasted a bit of success and the 50,000 season ticket holders.

Money for the club isn't it? So who cares!

I know we haven't taken advantage of it previously but also a chance to look at youngsters from an established Prem team with a view to a loan... Stephen Hendrie wasn't too bad if I remember correctly!

The 50,000 season ticket holders are mostly curious about the Olympic Stadium, a lot of them don't even support west ham they just want to see Premier League football at bargain basement prices. Doubt we'll see that many more than normal waddling around Roots Hall in their XXXXXXXL replica shirts. Still, one is too many.

That said, charge £25 to get in and fleece the *****. I won't be bothering with it.

havnt west spam got a europa league qualifier on the 28th, defo affect the team selection for them i would guess.

It's a west ham XI so will be development squad anyway. Not one to get excited about.

Agree, the Worst Ham game will be kids, the first team will either be in the Europa League or (like every other Prem club) will be on a money spinning pre-season tour in some far flung corner of the Far East. Sadly the days of clubs like ours hosting a decent pre-season friendly against a Prem side are long gone. All about the money at the top level, greed has taken over.
Best we can hope for will be whoever Phil is mates with in a Championship Team bringing a half-decent side down.

Yeah, as tax payers we are paying towards their new council house !!
:nope:

I expect Ipswich or Norwich to follow...they seem like the usual suspects.

Back