• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

4 games in and I have no confidence in Brown whatsoever.

And he will be expected to build a promotion-seeking team in the summer probably minus Tomlin and Clohessy. The problems this season- injuries, money problems, getting in loanees to cover inadequacies- will be the same next season. As Yorkshire Blue points out, why bother with the loanees. Leonard no worse than Reeves, Eastwood on the bench again despite Brown saying how much he admired him.

He is only continuing the form we were already in though. Team selection was fine, bar the question of whether Tomlin was actually injured or not.

Cant really judge him until he is is able to make changes to the squad.

No new manager effect though is there? I'm keen to see who he brings in for next season but I'm feeling rather despondent right now. Never felt this way about a new manager before

Lucky really smith couple good saves. Corr done well maybe could of scored. Stayin positive.

What position does Pinnock play? I rather see us lose and see the positive of our young players make an postive impact, than losing with the same set of players who already used to losing!

No new manager effect though is there? I'm keen to see who he brings in for next season but I'm feeling rather despondent right now. Never felt this way about a new manager before

Several 18 year old Wet Spam loanee's I'm guessing.

I'm with you on this. I just don't feel enthusiastic with Brown - he doesn't have that ability about him to me.

Why should there be?

Theres not a magic wand that makes Brown come in and suddenly change the performance that an experienced manager like Sturrock was getting from the squad.

Dont get me wrong, I think Sturrock had to go but it was highly unlikely just bringing someone in would turn us from a team who had won 2 in about 11 to promotion challengers.

As you say, when he brings in his own players is when to judge him.

Right now the season is over and it might as well be a training game from here on in.

What position does Pinnock play? I rather see us lose and see the positive of our young players make an postive impact, than losing with the same set of players who already used to losing!

Left wing I believe. Apparently an absolute natural talent and we're lucky to have him. I totally agree with you, let's play him. Let's throw Njie into the mix aswell and see what comes of it!

Why should there be?

Theres not a magic wand that makes Brown come in and suddenly change the performance that an experienced manager like Sturrock was getting from the squad.

Dont get me wrong, I think Sturrock had to go but it was highly unlikely just bringing someone in would turn us from a team who had won 2 in about 11 to promotion challengers.

Right now the season is over and it might as well be a training game from here on in.

How many times have we played teams with a new manager and we have been well beaten? Loads of times. Why can't we do the same

Why should there be?

Normally when a manager comes in though the players want to do well to book a place in the first team. I've seen very little of this so far. But I am willing to give Brown next season but I don't hold out hope of promotion.

We're losing so the subs are getting ready for the second half by playing keepy uppies and occasionally flicking each other's ears.

Normally when a manager comes in though the players want to do well to book a place in the first team. I've seen very little of this so far. But I am willing to give Brown next season but I don't hold out hope of promotion.

Normally or sometimes ?

Col U did ok for a couple of games when Dunne came in then went on a massive losing run. Hasnt exactly helped them.

Theres trying to do well and actually being able to completely transform into a good team though.

It woud be rather insulting to Sturrock if they had actually suddenly turned into world beaters and personally I never expected any massive improvement.

Why should there be?

Eh? Generally players step up when a new manager joins to get noticed. You've really never heard of a team going through a purple patch when a new manager joins?

Normally or sometimes ?

Theres trying to do well and actually being able to completely transform into a good team though.

It woud be rather insulting to Sturrock if they had actually suddenly turned into world beaters and personally I never expected any massive improvement.

I'm not necessarily saying this would shown in winning games but we've not looked that good in any of our games. We blew a 2-0 lead against Bradford, were a little fortunate to get a draw against Fleetwood and were poor against Crewe.

Back