• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I can't believe no one has worked it out yet. The new cinema will have exclusive right to Ron's new movie. Ron: Chairman, Lover, Hero. There will be a worldwide demand for showings. Not to mention his very own spin off series, 'Made by Martin'

Will it be a RonCom? :whistling:

You soft sentimental old sod :smile: I am just like you in what you say but we have to accept that times change (not always for the better) and we know that RH is unviable. I'm afraid we both have to learn to embrace modern times even though we secretly like to wallow in nostalgia.

likewise. But with regards to Roots Hall i would love to see the pitch turned round by 90 degrees and Roots Hall redeveloped.
Its a good proper football ground. There is nothing like our ground. Not like all the other bowl shaped grounds that all look the same.
Snr.

Councils do not usually give or refuse planning permission on issues of viability of a particular business. They usually look at other issues such as objections from residents, car parking spaces etc. The plan for a cinema would probably go through OK.

Councils do not usually give or refuse planning permission on issues of viability of a particular business. They usually look at other issues such as objections from residents, car parking spaces etc. The plan for a cinema would probably go through OK.

Will the council agree to the Domes being put on the recreational land just to the North of Jones Memorial ground though?

likewise. But with regards to Roots Hall i would love to see the pitch turned round by 90 degrees and Roots Hall redeveloped.
Its a good proper football ground. There is nothing like our ground. Not like all the other bowl shaped grounds that all look the same.
Snr.

That would still not be a viable option. A stadium alone would not bring in enough income. Also the cost would be sky high and it would be a major inconvenience to make the change.

Ps. I love Roots Hall too

Shoot me down here but could it be that Odeon want out of the town in a cheaper site on the edge? That land in the town is worth a pretty penny too compared to what it was when it was built in the 90s...

Just a thought.

Shoot me down here but could it be that Odeon want out of the town in a cheaper site on the edge? That land in the town is worth a pretty penny too compared to what it was when it was built in the 90s...

Just a thought.

Well that would depend on who buys Odeon, as they are once again, up for sale.

Cineworld are the company who could locate at Fossetts Farm (mainly because they have a deal with the new developer, and it not necessarily being their first choice location), and of course they are also said to be interested in the Seaway development.

Still no plans on the council website but a new letter of application is now on there and one of the interesting bits is this:-

Landscape and Visual Assessment
Much of the proposed development remains unchanged from the resolved to grant scheme 11/00538/EXTM, with the exception of the new residential development integrated within the stadium design and Soccer Dome to be located on the Cecil Jones playing fields.

Not quite sure where these flats will be but they will form part of the new ground and will they have a view of the pitch? Maybe no Hotel in the Main Stand now, but flats instead?

Still no plans on the council website but a new letter of application is now on there and one of the interesting bits is this:-

Landscape and Visual Assessment
Much of the proposed development remains unchanged from the resolved to grant scheme 11/00538/EXTM, with the exception of the new residential development integrated within the stadium design and Soccer Dome to be located on the Cecil Jones playing fields.

Not quite sure where these flats will be but they will form part of the new ground and will they have a view of the pitch? Maybe no Hotel in the Main Stand now, but flats instead?

The flats are meant to be living accommodation for players.

The flats are meant to be living accommodation for players.

Ah I have seen the bit where it mentions that the Hotel is still there. The 67 Apartments with basement parking are on the new application, we must be looking at having lots of players!! The players hostel is listed as being with the Soccer Dome?

Ah I have seen the bit where it mentions that the Hotel is still there. The 67 Apartments with basement parking are on the new application, we must be looking at having lots of players!! The players hostel is listed as being with the Soccer Dome?

I was going by what was said in the Echo. Maybe someone wants to make a packet on flats as accommodation is sky high at the moment, and has put spin on it to get the go ahead. No name mentioned, cough cough.

Residential integrated into the stadium?

There were the flats in the original plan, but this sounds like they may be looking to form part of a stand? Maybe the alternative to the hotel?

The plan, as shown in the link above, does not include any of the Jones Memorial Ground. The Jones Memorial Ground is 6.3 hectares (15.5 acres) of ground bounded to the south by Eastern Avenue, to the west by Sutton Road, to the east by the boundary with Boots and Laces and to the north by the hedge line which extends due east in line with the southern boundary of Southend Fire Station.
Whatever the ground to the north of this and behind the eastern boundary of the Fire Station and Crematorium, etc., is, it is not part of the Jones Memorial Ground as gifted to the town by RA Jones in 1913 as a memorial to his late wife.

It might not be part of Jones Memorial Ground but in the latest planning application the land is called 'Cecil Jones playing fields'.

Residential integrated into the stadium?

There were the flats in the original plan, but this sounds like they may be looking to form part of a stand? Maybe the alternative to the hotel?

If you read through the latest application, the Hotel is still part of the phased application. So not sure where these Residential properties will be, but will almost certainly be part of a stand. Guess we will have to wait for the plans.

I can you advise where that is, I cant find it on the portal

The planning application is 15/00281/RSO
The document is called 'Application Form - Public, Cover Letter'

Back