• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Further Project information from the tender alert site.
The tender alert is a 2 page document, but the main bullet points that caught my eye were.

· Project Details - Sainsbury’s Superstore - Rootshall

· Scheme -Demolition of football stadium and redeveloping of comprising food superstore including erection of fuel station, associated landscaping and vehicle parking.
· Timing -Start March 2015 - End March 2017.

The tender alert was dated 19.11.14

This information may keep the hopes up of those that want the new ground, orjust help to confuse us further with the muddle known as fossets farm, who knows.

Personally i can remember when Vic Jobson said, "yes we have put in a building application for a new ground". That was 18+ years ago. I gave up believing this would ever happen a long time ago.

I would love to see Roots Hall Re-developed, but i know that would be un-ecomonical, but still, its a nice thought for me thou.

Snr.

It depends on what they intend to start with, but they can't do anything to the football stadium until the new one is up and running. This has nothing to do with a convenant, but has everything to do with logistics. I'm therefore not sure I believe that a whole lot.

I also don't know why they would be doing this is they haven't been guaranteed the Prospects land, either by direct sale, or by CPO...

I suppose, however, that it is possible that they will start by demolishing the flats, which can be done before the stadium is ready.

It would tend to indicate that this is not one of the projects that Sainsbury have shelved
The demolition is planned to run for two years long enough to get the stadium doe before knocking down rh ?

Id be surprised if they had any plans to demolish St Mary's if those flats are being made available for tenants again.

It depends on what they intend to start with, but they can't do anything to the football stadium until the new one is up and running. This has nothing to do with a convenant, but has everything to do with logistics. I'm therefore not sure I believe that a whole lot.

I also don't know why they would be doing this is they haven't been guaranteed the Prospects land, either by direct sale, or by CPO...

I suppose, however, that it is possible that they will start by demolishing the flats, which can be done before the stadium is ready.

Maybe they will push ahead wit Roots Hall, BUT slighly scaled down, thus no need for the Prospects site..

Apparently we were ground sharing from this season werent we?

If Sainsbury actually do want to build their store we have no need to ground share.

Timeline is the key according to that document.Start March to demolish football stadium so if correct where does the club play?

mrsblue said:
Timeline is the key according to that document.Start March to demolish football stadium so if correct where does the club play?
Yes, but it's not only the demolition of the ground, there's plenty of other work that needs to be done as well.

Yes, but it's not only the demolition of the ground, there's plenty of other work that needs to be done as well.

Even a modest scaled down stadium would take at least 12 months to finish..Any demolition work will have health and safety out in force to protect 5000 fans from such works which means how far can the demolition go before HaS ban fans from the site.

Even a modest scaled down stadium would take at least 12 months to finish..Any demolition work will have health and safety out in force to protect 5000 fans from such works which means how far can the demolition go before HaS ban fans from the site.

End date: March 2017.

Here we go again.

:headbang:

It doesnt state the stadium will be demolished first.

That is how the project has always been planned. The stadium is the last to go as the store is not going to be built there and can only start when Fossetts first phase is complete.

There will not be a scaled down stadium, they do not have planning permission to do anything different, to change that would take far longer than March to get agreed.

It doesnt state the stadium will be demolished first.

That is how the project has always been planned. The stadium is the last to go as the store is not going to be built there and can only start when Fossetts first phase is complete.

They do not have planning permission to do anything different, to change that would take far longer than March to get agreed.

Back in the day RH was a rubbish dump so how far must they dig down to clear any contaminated debris/soil?

2 year's to demolish build and complete,FF must take 12 months to build the 3 sides so if FF begins next March and the club remain on site that means Sainsbury only have 12 months to demolish RH then level the ground then build the store:hilarious:

Back in the day RH was a rubbish dump so how far must they dig down to clear any contaminated debris/soil?

2 year's to demolish build and complete,FF must take 12 months to build the 3 sides so if FF begins next March and the club remain on site that means Sainsbury only have 12 months to demolish RH then level the ground then build the store:hilarious:

Sherif will be able to comment but I am sure they could demolish the stadium in 12 months easily.

They dont have to build the store in that time this tender is for the site demolishing, and the store can be started before the stadium comes down, its not in the same location.

Sherif will be able to comment but I am sure they could demolish the stadium in 12 months easily.

They dont have to build the store in that time this tender is for the site demolishing, and the store can be started before the stadium comes down, its not in the same location.

Way I read it was to complete the project.

I'd be interested to know where you gained your in depth knowledge of the building trade. Is your line of work anything to do with this, or is this just your opinion?

Way I read it was to complete the project.

Whatever its for, it doesnt state the stadium is to be demolished on the first day.

They dont have planning permission to do that, nor do they need to as the store isnt going to be where the stadium is. They can not demolish Roots Hall until 3 sides of Fossetts are complete. If they wanted to change that plan it has to go back via planning which would take months and they would have done that prior to putting it out for tender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back