• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stadium will be the last thing to be done, that part of the site will be for housing, which are not going to be built unless they can be sold , and will not sell easily whilst there is a damn great supermarket still being built.

Build the supermarket , whilst FF is underway, demolish RH and build the housing once we have moved.

I suppose its the housing which has saved this project, the new store may not be costing a great deal , incomparison with other sites, because of the value in the enabling development.

All that's left after that is for Ron to get his enabling development sorted out......

Way I read it was to complete the project.

The first post mentions a demolition tender, therefore the expiry date will be the date the proposed demolition will finish , not the entire project.

However the Barbour search page refers to a design and build contract starting in March 2015.

So that's no cleare

However we do, now have the email address of the bloke at Sainsbury...

Mr George Reid, Store Development.
Email: george.reid@sainsburys.co.uk

Whatever its for, it doesnt state the stadium is to be demolished on the first day.

They dont have planning permission to do that, nor do they need to as the store isnt going to be where the stadium is. They can not demolish Roots Hall until 3 sides of Fossetts are complete. If they wanted to change that plan it has to go back via planning which would take months and they would have done that prior to putting it out for tender.

Hence my ground share hindsight!

The timeframe to complete is March 2017 now unless FF begins within the new few months I cannot see how HaS will allow fans to attend games with such works going on.The actual demolition process is quite speedy but the ground works especially contamination is very time consuming because the testing procedure may take weeks if not months to access.

Hence my ground share hindsight!

The timeframe to complete is March 2017 now unless FF begins within the new few months I cannot see how HaS will allow fans to attend games with such works going on.The actual demolition process is quite speedy but the ground works especially contamination is very time consuming because the testing procedure may take weeks if not months to access.

This is how it has always been planned.

They can build the Store without demolishing Roots Hall at all, its not in the same location.

The planning permission doesn't allow the stadium to be demolished built before Fossetts is built.

I really dont know how much clearer I can say the same thing.

:omg: Is this really a sign that things are happening? Very quite on the club front and surprised the echo haven't picked up on it?

This is how it has always been planned.

They can build the Store without demolishing Roots Hall at all, its not in the same location.

The planning permission doesn't allow the stadium to be demolished built before Fossetts is built.

I really dont know how much clearer I can say the same thing.

Guess we will find out March 2017.

:omg: Is this really a sign that things are happening? Very quite on the club front and surprised the echo haven't picked up on it?

Dunno, its very strange to have this appear when there has been no news of developments even on the Prospects sale on its own.

I always let me hopes get wildly raised when it comes to the stadium, even Im not getting too many hopes up.

Why would they be tendering for the demolition when they havent even bought Prospects?

Dunno, its very strange to have this appear when there has been no news of developments even on the Prospects sale on its own.

I always let me hopes get wildly raised when it comes to the stadium, even Im not getting too many hopes up.

Why would they be tendering for the demolition when they havent even bought Prospects?

Yeah, trying to hold back excitement/fear. Seems to fit in with the original plans to build supermarket shell while Roots hall still operates. Time scales seem to fit too, but like others have said, I would expect the FF construction to start very soon in that case.
Maybe Prospects has been resolved behind the scenes in the last couple of weeks? As others have said, St Marys is also occupied now. Saw lights on last night as I drove past. Don't see that as too much of a problem being council owned as long as they can re-home tenants somewhere.

Love it! Normally read arguments about whether the projects ever going ahead or not and now its a debate/discussion as to the completion date. :smile:

Love it! Normally read arguments about whether the projects ever going ahead or not and now its a debate/discussion as to the completion date. :smile:

Suppose that's progress then :winking: Problem is, we've all been here before, so a knock back wouldn't be a surprise. This has to be last chance saloon. If this all proves to be nothing, then surely thats it.

However we do, now have the email address of the bloke at Sainsbury...

Mr George Reid, Store Development.
Email: george.reid@sainsburys.co.uk

According to LinkedIn he's on their procurement team (rather than on the development side) - he's a 3rd level connection to me, Napster is one level closer (so they have at least mutual contact)

I bet we will still be discussing this in April 2015...

Based on?

We've been saying for months that the hold up is Sainsburys. There's no more hold up. Sainsburys are going to tender. The Roots Hall site will be demolished.

It would seem that the hold up may have been Sainsbury's own in-house strategic review, now that has happened it would appear that the Southend store is still one that they are pursuing - makes sense given it is not an edge of town store and their store in the town centre is not really fit for purpose and may, if accounts are true, be coming to the end of its lease as well.

Although this is still no guarantee that things will proceed, it is the most positive indication for a while. Big companies like Sainsbury's generally have a system and they would not waste the time of the procurement team on a whim, it must have been signed off somewhere.

Next stop is the picture of Uncle Ron with a hardhat on, sitting on a digger!

Seeing those words makes me sad. I know it is important for the future of the club, but still...

I'm with you, Uncle Leo; I know it's supposed to be for the betterment of the Club and all but I've grown up from a small boy watching the Shrimpers at the Hall and it will be a wrench.
I'm just hoping that if it all comes off then we move after the end of the 2015-2016 season as I'll be able to get my 50 years in....

If it makes the info on the tendering site any firmer I can add that my son is working on one of the other projects on that list and all the details with regard to his project are 100% bang on.

Based on?

We've been saying for months that the hold up is Sainsburys. There's no more hold up. Sainsburys are going to tender. The Roots Hall site will be demolished.

Ok, seeing this comment and similar, seems to indicate that respected zoners really believe this is what we have been waiting for based on the information over the last couple of pages. So do people now really believe that the findings over the last few pages have swung us from probably dead, to probably on? Time for a swing-o-meter perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back