• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Think Mantom is more box-to-box than Wright and Wordsworth, from what I have seen and heard.

All deadline day signings are gambles, but even if he's an injury doubt, he's of a good age and has undoubted pedigree at this level. Was superb for Walsall a couple of years ago and was in the same team as Demetriou that nearly won promotion against the odds.

It's a good signing in my opinion and as it's only a loan, if he can't prove his fitness we don't lose out long term. Very impressed with our business today.

Surprised that nobody feels insulted that we're being used by an equivalent club to get him nursed to full match fitness....after which he'll no doubt get recalled.

Short term they are not an equivalent club. They are battling for promotion and he will no doubt find it hard to displace their current midfield. We on the other hand have been awful of late (ironically apart from against his parent club on Saturday) and have desperately needed new blood and fresh ideas.

Quite pleased with today's business, shame it took so long, Looking forward to seeing them all in action. I hope Mantoms knee doesnt turn out to be too dodgy, given history of just 30 games played over last season and this

Quite pleased with today's business, shame it took so long, Looking forward to seeing them all in action. I hope Mantoms knee doesnt turn out to be too dodgy, given history of just 30 games played over last season and this

I was itching to see if you were satisfied with our incoming numbers Barry and now I can sleep easy. :winking:

Blues sign Mantom on loan from Scunthorpe

SOUTHEND United have signed midfielder Sam Mantom on loan from Scunthorpe United until the end of the season.

More...

Well I'm still underwhelmed. If he was anywhere near fit , I can't imagine Scunthorpe would have let him go, surely we've got enough crocks already.

That'll do. Needed someone in midfield so this is is better then nothing.

Would've wanted another CB but overall quite a decent day.

Well I'm still underwhelmed. If he was anywhere near fit , I can't imagine Scunthorpe would have let him go, surely we've got enough crocks already.

I think Chris Powell's loan signing of Sam Mantom could prove very astute, particularly if it is with a view to a permanent deal. All the indications are that he is now fit, but has not played much first team soccer since October 2017.

This signing excites me the most, he was very good at Walsall, been unlucky at Scunthorpe with injuries but there is certainly a player in him.

This signing excites me the most, he was very good at Walsall, been unlucky at Scunthorpe with injuries but there is certainly a player in him.

I agree, a fit Mantom could be just what we need, but I'm just worried that he's only played 4 matches this season. If we've got him with a view to keep him, then that could also be a positive, providing he can stay fit. As I said in an earlier post, we have enough crocks already.

I agree, a fit Mantom could be just what we need, but I'm just worried that he's only played 4 matches this season. If we've got him with a view to keep him, then that could also be a positive, providing he can stay fit. As I said in an earlier post, we have enough crocks already.

I find it impossible to believe Powell has signed a player unable to play....he will play...saturday I reckon.

All things considered ............are we happy with today's dealings....CP establishing a team .....personally would've been pleasantly pleased if we'd got another bruising centre back....hey ho ..happy generally..:thumbsup:

Back