• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

All things considered ............are we happy with today's dealings....CP establishing a team .....personally would've been pleasantly pleased if we'd got another bruising centre back....hey ho ..happy generally..:thumbsup:

Ron seemed make it clear that he believed the squad was generally underperforming. Powell's remit seems to be....get more out of them with a light sprinkling of new faces.

Loans seem appropriate at the moment. Not ideal but they have certainly helped us out before. Scp not making rash last minute signings, hopefully plug any gaps he has seen in his short time and bring enough in to keep us up and rebuild for next season. I must admit on season opening day id never dream id be making a post in january effectively writing of this season and hoping to stay up. Our squad looked so impressive on paper!

Lets just hope this guy does the business.

I've seen Mantom play on a few occasions, and he has always impressed me. My Walsall fan mate was always going on about him. If we can get him to stay fit, he'll be a very useful addition.

Get him fit and we have a decent player on our hands to be signed up. He doesn't make it fitness wise and we have lost nothing.

Good experience of this league and will compliment what we already have.

Welcome to the club.

Some of you will literally never be happy
giphy.gif

Quite pleased with today's business, shame it took so long, Looking forward to seeing them all in action. I hope Mantoms knee doesnt turn out to be too dodgy, given history of just 30 games played over last season and this

I know what you mean. SCP should have had these players in weeks ago.

I think Chris Powell's loan signing of Sam Mantom could prove very astute, particularly if it is with a view to a permanent deal. All the indications are that he is now fit, but has not played much first team soccer since October 2017.

Even if it's not, we need another central midfielder at least while Woody and Wright are out injured.

I would imagine this player might be in an under 23 match to help his game time and a subs appearance as soon as possible.

But who knows - he could be in the starting XI on Saturday against a very good (in my opinion) Peterborough side.

I agree, a fit Mantom could be just what we need, but I'm just worried that he's only played 4 matches this season. If we've got him with a view to keep him, then that could also be a positive, providing he can stay fit. As I said in an earlier post, we have enough crocks already.

It wasn't a groin injury. He says he had a niggling injury they could get to the bottom. The thought it was groin but it just wouldn't clear. Towards end of the year they discovered it was in fact a hip problem that could be cured completely through a series of injections. So in theory he should be good to go..

If he does well would he come here? Been really Midlands/Northern based (lives Nottingham), would have a year left on contract so almost a certainly a half decent fee, and if he does well a bunch of Northern L1 clubs would be all over him.

Not impossible but he would need to fall in love with us and the manager (I doubt we will be the biggest offer on the table).

If this is with a view to a permanent move then this is a cracking bit of business.

Here's a 25 year old in a position of need who was an integral part of two different League One play-off sides in the last two seasons.

The injury is a concern but at that age he's approaching his prime and if it doesn't work we've only got him until the end of the season so it's not like we're stuck with him like Robinson and Ferdinand. To the extent this is a gamble, it's one well worth taking.

Sam Manton was a real bonus signing in my view, think he is the best of the 3 new faces. Things are looking really positive now, im sure we will now climb the table to safety !:happy:

He says he had a niggling injury they could get to the bottom

I've got one of them. Try Anusol, it works for me (although I have to stand most of the time).

Well I'm still underwhelmed. If he was anywhere near fit , I can't imagine Scunthorpe would have let him go, surely we've got enough crocks already.

Unusual quoting myself. But I can't believe he's already injured, this is what I was worried about...... . You couldn't make it up could you? :nope:

Maybe it was Graham Alexander being mischievous after getting beaten on Saturday!

Unusual quoting myself. But I can't believe he's already injured, this is what I was worried about...... . You couldn't make it up could you? :nope:

Still plenty of time for him to prove his worth. I didn't expect him to be fully fit for Saturday anyway and even if he was he wouldn't have been in my starting XI so I'm certainly not worried about him just yet.

Back