• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

According to the Echo suggests that Coker will,be back on Saturday lets hope they are right.Anything on Twitter??

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/94605/southend

The link above made me chuckle from the Shrewsbury's web site. We're being compared to Bolton with our debt and trying to buy ourselves out of the league. Isn't that what most clubs have to do to try and get the best players?

They seemed to be as obsessed with our debt as some on here. If only they knew that it was 80% due to the owners of the club.

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/94605/southend

The link above made me chuckle from the Shrewsbury's web site. We're being compared to Bolton with our debt and trying to buy ourselves out of the league. Isn't that what most clubs have to do to try and get the best players?

We have been flying by the seat of our pants financially for at least a decade now, we can't really say anything when other clubs pull us up on it.

To be fair I've often thought how we manage to pay certain players wages. Let's hope its being done properly by the powers that be.

.........................Walton......................
Demetriou.....Thompson....White....Coker
Atkinson.....Leonard....Timlin...McLaughlin
................Fortune....Robinson.............

Cox , Ranger , Ferdinand, Wordsworth, Hines , O'Neill ,Bexon

Controversial , but too many players on Monday looked like they were playing with injuries and effectively cheated us.
I'm a massive fan of the 4 ive dropped but if they are so far off the pace then id rather have someone willing to run through brick walls rather than just put the best players on paper out there. We need tenacity , passion , pace , + everyone needs to be 100% up for it , as i'm sure Shrewsbury will be fighting for their lives. The pedestrian pace and lack of ideas of our 2nd half should never be allowed to be repeated.
I'd rather have the power of Ranger at the end of the game when we may be pumping high balls into the box , rather than take him off and then ask the little uns to win some headers.
Cox is an awesomely brilliant player , but his 1st touch was so heavy i can only conclude he was carrying an injury.
Wordsworth wasnt his usual self at all and Ferdy made a catalogue of unforced errors which we got away with. I'd rather have the ever dependable John White ( if fit of course )
Timlin had a stinker at left back and we really missed him bossing the midfield, so if Coker is fit get him back in .

Bring it on !!!!

Shrewsbury seem to be doing an excellent job at getting out of League 1, as well! :smile:

To be fair I've often thought how we manage to pay certain players wages. Let's hope its being done properly by the powers that be.

I wouldn't take any notice of that Shrewsbury nonsense we certainly aren't trying to buy our way out of L1. The truth is they had a bigger wage bill than us when we both got promoted from L2 a couple of years back.

I wouldn't take any notice of that Shrewsbury nonsense we certainly aren't trying to buy our way out of L1. The truth is they had a bigger wage bill than us when we both got promoted from L2 a couple of years back.

They put a breakdown of their accounts to 2013 on their official website and tthat year the wages certainly looked higher than ours , they made a loss that year, but their administration expenses were a lot lower than ours .
They were in the Black, overall, I would suggest that the proceeds from the Sale of the old ground may have something to do with it

I think I'd go

Walton

White Thompson Ferdinand Coker

Demetriou Leonard Wordsworth Timlin

Cox Fortune

Subs: Bexon, Atkinson, O'Neill, McLaughlin, McGlashan, Robinson, Ranger

I think I'd go

Walton

White Thompson Ferdinand Coker

Demetriou Leonard Wordsworth Timlin

Cox Fortune

Subs: Bexon, Atkinson, O'Neill, McLaughlin, McGlashan, Robinson, Ranger

I like the look of that. If needed we can throw on robinson ranger and mclaughlin.

Fortune deserves his chance. Ranger could be an impressive impact sub.

A win would be great, but I expect us to draw.

If Coker not fit i would go with White at full back,but then again if Ferdinand isnt fit then White would be needed to fill in there then i would give that young lad Krytonite a run at left back, he filled in quite nicely there early in the season i believe and even scored a goal,Timlin is not a full back ,i could see this watching the highlights package,seemed to me he was coming in making a few last ditch tackles from a mid field position rather than from a full back position.Its a must win game,so hopefully the lads can control there nerves and just go and play the way they know they can ,because they have many times this season.Shrewsbury will be fightng for their lge1 existence ,but im hopeful of a 2-0 victory.:Worthy: So we can bring the playoff situation back to Roots Hall against Bury with much to play for our hoes still alive come last league game off the season.

Have to win it's as simple as that regardless of results elsewhere.
It's been like that for the last two games, but we are still in it. If we can get a draw, then regardless of Millwall 's results we will take it to the last game. Pretty sure most/all ? would have taken that at the begging of the season. However to be soooooo close and in having it in our hands just a couple of games ago it will be a massive disappointment if we don't quite do it. Off course we then only have a one in four chance but that's another story

It's been like that for the last two games, but we are still in it. If we can get a draw, then regardless of Millwall 's results we will take it to the last game. Pretty sure most/all ? would have taken that at the begging of the season. However to be soooooo close and in having it in our hands just a couple of games ago it will be a massive disappointment if we don't quite do it. Off course we then only have a one in four chance but that's another story

Its finely balanced. So many things could happen dependent on results. I'm hope that we win and millwall draw, putting the ball back in our court.

That said a draw and a millwall win would make for an interesting final day too.

The one result which would **** me off is another defeat. Not only could that make the final game a non event , but it would mean that we have well and truly thrown away a season of hard work.

The team just need to go out all guns blazing and not go down with a whimper.

Back