• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Its finely balanced. So many things could happen dependent on results. I'm hope that we win and millwall draw, putting the ball back in our court.

That said a draw and a millwall win would make for an interesting final day too.

The one result which would **** me off is another defeat. Not only could that make the final game a non event , but it would mean that we have well and truly thrown away a season of hard work.

The team just need to go out all guns blazing and not go down with a whimper.

If we do lose on Saturday it doesn't make Bury a non event if Millwall also lose though.

Its finely balanced. So many things could happen dependent on results. I'm hope that we win and millwall draw, putting the ball back in our court.

That said a draw and a millwall win would make for an interesting final day too.

The one result which would **** me off is another defeat. Not only could that make the final game a non event , but it would mean that we have well and truly thrown away a season of hard work.

Talking to the players on Tuesday night they all seemed up for the fight - let's just hope they show that out on the pitch on Saturday!

No it wouldn't, for all sorts of reasons. No least we were 23rd back in the Autumn. Plus its not like we have been Scunthorpe or Bradford and been top of the table at some stage. At best we have only been in the top 6 by a point or two.

Its Bolton fans who are worried about throwing things away right now. To borrow a line from Mr Keegan 'I'd love it' if Parkinson ended up in the play-offs

No it wouldn't, for all sorts of reasons. No least we were 23rd back in the Autumn. Plus its not like we have been Scunthorpe or Bradford and been top of the table at some stage. At best we have only been in the top 6 by a point or two.

Its Bolton fans who are worried about throwing things away right now. To borrow a line from Mr Keegan 'I'd love it' if Parkinson ended up in the play-offs

Agreed we have spent very little time in the top 6 so it is certainly not a case of throwing it away. Rochdale and Millwall have both spent considerably longer in the top 6 than we have.

Having got so close it will be disappointing not to make the play-offs but wherever we finish I will still consider it to have been an excellent season. We are third top scorers in the division and have played some of the best football I have seen for a number of years. We are also continuing on an upward curve.

Agreed we have spent very little time in the top 6 so it is certainly not a case of throwing it away. Rochdale and Millwall have both spent considerably longer in the top 6 than we have.

Having got so close it will be disappointing not to make the play-offs but wherever we finish I will still consider it to have been an excellent season. We are third top scorers in the division and have played some of the best football I have seen for a number of years. We are also continuing on an upward curve.

Totally agree

He shouldn't return until he's genuinely ready. Last season he played through the pain barrier in the latter stages and really struggled.

I wouldn't if we manage to make the playoffs. Would much rather face Fleetwood than Bolton in the playoffs.

I wouldn't if we manage to make the playoffs. Would much rather face Fleetwood than Bolton in the playoffs.

Not too sure about that, Bolton have only won once in the last 5 or more I believe and that was a narrow victory against us. Fleetwood are in brilliant form and just keep winning! They definitely play the better football as well, Bolton are pure long ball.

Not too sure about that, Bolton have only won once in the last 5 or more I believe and that was a narrow victory against us. Fleetwood are in brilliant form and just keep winning! They definitely play the better football as well, Bolton are pure long ball.

Agreed. I'd rather not face Fleetwood. All that odorous cod....... And I'm not going to suck a Fisherman's Friend again (at least until we're in a different division from Fleetwood).

26 hours until kick off.
Is it me , or is it dragging.....
Let's just get this done.

Time waits for no one. It could all be over by 5.00 p.m. tomorrow............ or we could be pinning our hopes on beating Bury having drawn or beaten the Shrews........ it's been a roller-coaster of a season but it's great to still feel like this with only two matches remaining. COYB!!! (and Oxford United too!)

Time waits for no one. It could all be over by 5.00 p.m. tomorrow............ or we could be pinning our hopes on beating Bury having drawn or beaten the Shrews........ it's been a roller-coaster of a season but it's great to still feel like this with only two matches remaining. COYB!!! (and Oxford United too!)

I gave up all hope on Monday. I am firmly of the belief that our goose is well and truly cooked.

Millwall are just too strong and we aren't able to put away these lower teams fighting for their lives.

This time next week we'll be discussing who is going where and new transfer targets for another year in L1

Dont agree with the assessment that Millwall have been in the top six more than us. Other than the first 5 or 6 games of the season where the table means nothing, we have actaully spent longer in 6th than they have.

Last year we never made it to the top 6, this season we have and the lowest we can finish is about 8th.

As much as I would love to go up, if we dont, and we keep the bulk of our players (or replace them with equal) then i can see next year pushing for the top two quite easily.

I notice Deegan was an used sub in their last game , but think he has started quite regularly if I'm not mistaken.
Always thought he did quite well for us ( apart from too many bookings ) and was a better player than many gave him credit for.
However , if he does play , I would love the 'red mist' to descend and give us a nice advantage with an early red !

If Coker and White aren't fit then I would bring Kyprianou in. I love Timlin as a CM but not as a LB

No strong enough unfortunately. Not sure the non contact football played by the under 21's does some young lads any favours.

Shame because he has a real good delivery and has some good qualities going forward.

Back