• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lovely little extract from the Shrews fans site......................Also an honourable mention to the toilets flooded with p**s and the canteen that was so much like a community centre feel that i thought there was going to be a rapping workshop or a OAPs dance class breaking out at any moment. That said, it was still a good away day and a character filled ground........where else can you get genuine ambiance like that???

hasn't Clarke had some problems down the years? did awesome for us though

my thoughts on the game are
strange that they kept shooting from distance, you know we've got Dan Bentley right? he's awesome.
Bentley 7 - did fine with saves and commanding his area, slightly dodgy distribution. why kick it long to Shaq?
White -8 i thought he was really good in all aspects
Thompson - 7 got nowhere near some aerial balls a few times in a row but did other stuff well
Prosser - 7 very decent and solid
Williams - 7 some good, some less good but good overall

Deegan - 8 brilliant, totally bossed the channel in front of our defense
Clifford - 7 alright, did fine without setting the world afire

Payne -6 ghosted past some players and you wonder how he manages it but didn't grab the game by the neck. looks promising as hell though
Hurst - 7 started great by faded

Weston - 6 poor in my opinion. can't be the main man up front on that showing, pace and movement against the land of the giants but we lacked a cutting edge up front all game

Shaq - 8 just about an 8. got the goal and worked hard and well for most of the game

Subs
Corr - 5 i love BBBC but i thought he was shocking, more interested in fouling defenders than winning headers and left me thinking we needed an upgrade. one header at the keeper, another flick on to no-one but not his fault. off side a bit, but really disappointed me
Atkinson - 6 industry, did alright without adding much
Bolder n/s was on about a minute

for the end of the match we looked like the team with 10 men defending for our lives but we got the job done.
lacking up front in my opinion

i think if Jason Williams shows a bit of promise he could be fast-tracked with a view to replacing BBBC as the big f off lump up front

(i am MrsBlue and etc)

I can only echo all the comments about their no 4. Apparently he's only 20 years old as well. Can't see him staying there too long.

As for Corr, I thought we again looked better with him in the team.

I can only echo all the comments about their no 4. Apparently he's only 20 years old as well. Can't see him staying there too long.

As for Corr, I thought we again looked better with him in the team.

Yeah I get what other posters were saying about him giving away freekicks but to me that was preferable to just giving the ball away. It was a battle and when balls did go up and fouls weren’t given the ball was sticking rather than coming straight back. Love Payne but he wasn’t in the game Saturday.

zjey2v.png

Back