• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So disappointed and frustrated, same tactics by Burton three weeks in a row, you would really have thought we'd have wised up a bit to it by today's game. No problem with Straker coming in for Murphy, he actually made the left wing look like it had a reasonable chance of getting something going, but then we had the pratting about swapping with Hurst which diminished his effectiveness. Just stay one side!

Had said all along we needed to change formation, we didn't, so therefore Burton's defence just concentrated on keeping Corr out of the game by fair means or foul, exactly as they did last weekend, and that stifled us. It wasn't until the midfield started stepping up a bit that we looked threatening. Cracking goal by Lenny, absolute worldy.

Subs were odd, and as others said, Tims going seemed to disturb the rhythm, but on a yellow he was a bit at risk. Laird would have been a better choice though had he been there. Fred should have been the first sub on. And Payne? Felt Barney was a better choice, 3 up top for the final moments.

Another poor ref when we really needed someone with some balls. I'd have rather seen Ward or Kettle, at least they are consistent! How has the Burton GK got away without a yellow card for time wasting in either of the PO legs?

Burton are just cheats. How many times have we seen ourselves in an attacking position and one of their players goes down under minimal pressure or contact and the foul gets given their way? This kind of simulation is killing the game. Hoof, dive, feign and cheat. That's Burton summed up in a few words.

The Wembley locals must be bitterly disappointed because they now have a L2 PO Final which will have a crowd of about 12k tops, so very little profit.

I'd like to say a massive thank you to John Egan and Jacob Sokolik who have been immense while with us, and wish them both well wherever they end up...I doubt very much it will be with us.

I hope they are the only exits...Bentley could easily go, and I'm not sure about the boss either. Hopefully he won't go off anywhere else because he can now build the team his way, with pretty much all his own choices. We have to look for a pacy forward though. 16 matches without a win cost us this year, let's make it a bit easier on ourselves by having that in our locker next year.

Sokolik MOTM for me today. Gutted for all our supporters, feel totally deflated. Luton and possibly Cambridge is something to look forward to, I suppose, but Carlisle to be added in as well. :sad:

Can't wait to see those scum burton ***** on the floor crying their eyes out when fleetwood stuff them at Wembley. Much rather lose in the semi than at Wembley. We'll be back, UTB!!!

Feeling deflated here as well but we have a lot to be proud of this season. I've just watched some of the game back and we played some excellent football, the players gave their all and you can't ask much more than that. The atmosphere was tremendous, we had going on towards 10,000 fans there which means the club must be doing something right on and off the pitch. We have our best players under contract so unless some ridiculously high offers come in well have the majority of this years squad ready to go again this coming august along with new additions I expect.

Can't wait to see those scum burton ***** on the floor crying their eyes out when fleetwood stuff them at Wembley. Much rather lose in the semi than at Wembley. We'll be back, UTB!!!

I have a horrible feeling that Fleetwood, who are also a footballing side, will get the same treatment we did. Might prefer Burton to go up and get totally found out to be honest, not sure I can summon any enthusiasm for having to endure playing them again next season after the last three weeks!

Plus no transfer embrogo in the summer this time, so Mr Brown can go and add 3 or 4 new players to go with one we got, with no problem, unlike the last two summer before then.

Watching Freddy showing his skills in the half time knock about and some of his touches when he came on were a class above anyone else out there today. Would like to think we can find a way to play to his strengths next season, too early to retire, class act but we haven't used him to great effect this season. I fear we have seen the last of him though, PB's body language when he brought him on looked like he was saying enjoy your last game son as he said something when he ran on.

So disappointed and frustrated, same tactics by Burton three weeks in a row, you would really have thought we'd have wised up a bit to it by today's game. No problem with Straker coming in for Murphy, he actually made the left wing look like it had a reasonable chance of getting something going, but then we had the pratting about swapping with Hurst which diminished his effectiveness. Just stay one side!

Had said all along we needed to change formation, we didn't, so therefore Burton's defence just concentrated on keeping Corr out of the game by fair means or foul, exactly as they did last weekend, and that stifled us. It wasn't until the midfield started stepping up a bit that we looked threatening. Cracking goal by Lenny, absolute worldy.

Subs were odd, and as others said, Tims going seemed to disturb the rhythm, but on a yellow he was a bit at risk. Laird would have been a better choice though had he been there. Fred should have been the first sub on. And Payne? Felt Barney was a better choice, 3 up top for the final moments.

Another poor ref when we really needed someone with some balls. I'd have rather seen Ward or Kettle, at least they are consistent! How has the Burton GK got away without a yellow card for time wasting in either of the PO legs?

Burton are just cheats. How many times have we seen ourselves in an attacking position and one of their players goes down under minimal pressure or contact and the foul gets given their way? This kind of simulation is killing the game. Hoof, dive, feign and cheat. That's Burton summed up in a few words.

The Wembley locals must be bitterly disappointed because they now have a L2 PO Final which will have a crowd of about 12K tops, so very little profit.

I'd like to say a massive thank you to John Egan and Jacob Sokolik who have been immense while with us, and wish them both well wherever they end up...I doubt very much it will be with us.

I hope they are the only exits...Bentley could easily go, and I'm not sure about the boss either. Hopefully he won't go off anywhere else because he can now build the team his way, with pretty much all his own choices. We have to look for a pacy forward though. 16 matches without a win cost us this year, let's make it a bit easier on ourselves by having that in our locker next year.

Sokolik MOTM for me today. Gutted for all our supporters, feel totally deflated. Luton and possibly Cambridge is something to look forward to, I suppose, but Carlisle to be added in as well. :sad:

That was my initial thought but there again many Burton supporters are Derby County supporters......perhaps there will be some kind of reciprocal agreement which will push the attendance to 20K or so. Nevertheless, WTF.........who cares???? I'm quite honestly more interested in the Conference play-off Final, than the League Two one.........come on Cambridge!!!

That was my initial thought but there again many Burton supporters are Derby County supporters......perhaps there will be some kind of reciprocal agreement which will push the attendance to 20K or so. Nevertheless, WTF.........who cares???? I'm quite honestly more interested in the Conference play-off Final, than the League Two one.........come on Cambridge!!!

But Burton supporters may support Derby too, and are they likely to fork out for two lots of tickets? I don't know, but I do know which of the two I would rather go and watch!!!

An emotional rollercoaster today! The ref was better than last Sunday but Burton were still cheats and time wasters. How many head injuries do Burton get ? Let's hope Fleetwood win.
Keep the faith with Lenny staying and Akto running forever we will back next season and go up via the automatics. Enjoy the summer Phil, top up that tan and let's go again in August you Shrimpers!

An emotional rollercoaster today! The ref was better than last Sunday but Burton were still cheats and time wasters. How many head injuries do Burton get ? Let's hope Fleetwood win.
Keep the faith with Lenny staying and Akto running forever we will back next season and go up via the automatics. Enjoy the summer Phil, top up that tan and let's go again in August you Shrimpers!

It certainly was and to be truthful i could have done without the stress that coming back into the tie gave me. there again I suppose you've gotta be a bit of a masochist to support this club! :smile:

PROFITS WARNING..................RYANAIR & EASYJET! Ryanair have lost around 200euros from me and Easyjet have probably lost a similar amount from Tangled up Blue due to our failure to make the Final!

Side issue of the day........................did Straker's performance do enough to earn him at least another year's contract???

Yes, like Murphy though I feel he's better left out on the left side than keep swapping with Hurst. Hurst is a right sided player, Straker and Murphy are both left, therefore stay on the appropriate wings!

Can't bring myself to read through all of this, but I'm sure there's plenty of hurt being expressed. We weren't quite good enough, not for the play-offs and certainly not for the division above.

I think that Burton are an illustration of the modern game. They have to survive on meagre resources and will use any style that keeps them as a professional club. They played both ties really effectively and I always felt that they could score again if they needed to today. Having said that, I wouldn't pay to watch them regularly. Anything we say will sound like sour grapes but their time-wasting was hugely irritating. Even they looked embarrassed but, as I said, they did the job. An empty Wembley will be as depressing as their football, but good luck to them. I don't want Fleetwood to buy their way through the divisions.

My word, we need some strikers.

Back