• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bentley 9 - Some great saves, and looks really confident. This lad has a big futre
O'Neill 7.5 - Looked classy and a fantastic 50 yard pas to Strakes to get us in front
Phillips 7 - Solid.
Prosser 8 - One sloppy pass, but played with huge passion.
Coker 8 - Awesome display. Defended well and combined well Strakes
Leonard 9 - Dominated the midfield from start to finish. Tackled, passed simply, closed down, and steamed through for another goal. PB has unlocked a beast of a player
Timlin 8 - Work rate was incredible. Some lovely touches and some brave play
Atkinson 7.5 - He and Timms won countless balls by pressing their players. Amazing work rate
Hurst 8 - Some lovely crosses and neat play.
Corr 8.5 - His first touch and layoffs were much better today. A great all round performance. Classy goal
Straker 8.5 - Made the right decisions today. Was a constant threat down the left

Subs : Thompson 9 - Did really well. Tackled for his life. Worthy of a start
Woodrow 7 - Ok. Not on long
Freddy - 7 Glad he got a run out. Not on long

don't forget the lady linesman on the eaststand side, she was ok, nice little body on it.

There's something really sexy about a woman who knows the offside rule. I'd get into bed and make her explain it to me. That'd sort me right out.

don't forget the lady linesman on the eaststand side, she was ok, nice little body on it.

andygray.jpg
kYpwu.jpg

Paul Cook just on BBC Sheffield. Complimentary to us.. Admitted they conceded bad goals and we will be right up there at end of season..

Southend were quality today from the back to the front. I would say that as a unit, not a bunch of individuals, this is the best team I can remember for a good many years.

Do you know what? Today I left Roots Hall feeling totally entertained and we got a result, which proves you can have both ends of that bargain!! Can't see Bentley going in this window, but soon, maybe. On the player scores front, Bentley and Leonard - both 9, all the others get an 8 from me for the team effort.

Nothing much else to add, perfect display apart from the first twenty against a big strong talented team. Sorry for O'Neill he looked great. If we play like this next week there's at least a draw in it for us.

The team are playing as a well oiled unit. There is a great unity between the players, you can see that, especially with the 2nd and 3rd goals.

Bentley - 9 Great penalty save, super tip over near the end and a good save with his legs from Roberts late on.
Coker - 8.5 What an engine this lad has, up and down all day
Phillips - 7 Worryingly the weak link at the moment. Too many times today let the ball bounce when he should have attacked it.
Prosser - 8 Performance we regularly expect from Prosser now.
O'Neill - 8 Just for that cross field ball to Straker. Oh my word, what vision. Shame about the injury, looks rather accomplished at RB
Leonard - 9.5 Controlled display and drives forward at every opportunity MOM
Timlin - 9 110% workrate, chased everything and broke up play
Atkinson - 9 Covers every blade of grass and works tirelessly
Straker - 9 Awesome display again today. We had the good Strakes today, great ball in for Hurst's goal
Hurst - 8.5 Gets another goal and interacts so well as part of a front three
Corr 9 Not been at his best lately but today was on top form. So much good link up play with the midfiled, hold up play was brilliant and what a goal.

Subs

Thompson - 8 Did well at RB and what a through ball for Corr's goal. Inch perfect
Woodrow - 8 Looked sharp and quick and hungry for the ball
Eastwood - Not really a lot of time to judge, didn't really get into the game at all

I like the way the midfield are working, lots of little passes in a small space that releases one of them, much like for Leonard's goal. There is always one space to be the runner and it just creates space and panic for the opposing team.

Ref - 8 Think the ref had a good game, though he did bottle it with the second yellow for the Chesterfield number 5. The penalty never was in a million years, looked like he was evening it up after not giving Roberts a penalty for his first half dive in the area.

Phil Brown - Has won me round. He made an abortion of Wembley and the last few games of this season but he has turned things around and created a very good footballing team which has great unity, work ethic and belief. Every time there is a break in play, the players take on fluid, they look fitter than I have seen them in many years and I just have a feeling this is to be our season.

Pretty much this. (can't green at the mo)

That midfield trio is working perfectly at the moment, with Timlin and Atkinson working tirelessly for the entire game. In fact I don't think I ever saw Atkinson stop all game.

Corr's all round game was brilliant today and his goal was a lovely chipped finish.

Finally, I have seen Straker have a cracker! So far this season I've only seen his poor games, but today he looked like a different player. Running at his full-back, which he doesn't do enough of IMO, and the play for Hurst's goal was exceptional. Why can't he play like that every week?

A totally empowered team performance, they played with conviction and belief. Luke O'Neill slotted in beautifully and put in some classy moves - including THAT pass. Have to hope that thigh is sorted out although I still have absolutely NO problem with Adam Thompson playing and he should feel slightly peeved that it was thought necessary to bring O'Neill in in the first place.

They all played like stars today, but four players REALLY stood out - Bentley, Prosser, Leonard and Corr. Absolutely top notch.

Well done to them all!

After a slightly disjointed start when we looked slightly off the pace the team grew in confidence and turned in an almost complete performance. Special mention for Atkinson who worked his socks off in midfield and Coker who improves every time I see him play. O'Neill looked a very decent player and his pass in the lead up to the first goal was different class. Let's hope the injury allows him to play for us again before his loan period ends.

Paul Cook just on BBC Sheffield. Complimentary to us.. Admitted they conceded bad goals and we will be right up there at end of season..

Shame then that he didn't feel he could see to shaking PB's hand at the end of the game. I would hope that the 4th official makes sure that Cook's behaviour throughout features in the match report - including the seemingly threatening behaviour towards David Penney - but I doubt it will. I thought it was an absolute disgrace - and nobody could argue that at the very least a terrible example to impressionable young men on the bench and in the stands (including my 8 year old son).

My son couldnt get out of his shift at work today.....obviously gutted he couldnt get to the game. Straker, Coker and atkinson turn up at his place of work......the manager tells the players my sons tale of woe......the players then give a summary of the match.....a good chat about the forthcoming hull game and do a few pictures with him.....needless to say he is chuffed.
Btw the lads think they are gonna beat hull next week.
Cheers lads for cheering up my boy.

Best performance of the season so far. 100% commitment as usual and the energy levels were superb. We seem to finish games strongly this season and decent players are available from the bench. Phil Brown is doing a great job!

Nice one, mate. Good to see the players going out socially with each other. Shows a togetherness in the camp.

A totally empowered team performance, they played with conviction and belief. Luke O'Neill slotted in beautifully and put in some classy moves - including THAT pass. Have to hope that thigh is sorted out although I still have absolutely NO problem with Adam Thompson playing and he should feel slightly peeved that it was thought necessary to bring O'Neill in in the first place.

They all played like stars today, but four players REALLY stood out - Bentley, Prosser, Leonard and Corr. Absolutely top notch.

Well done to them all!

I agree , but would make it five - Atkinson - what an engine that man has.

I had a quick look on the Chesterfield fans forum, saw this......praise indeed!!! 'I don't think they wanted it more, they just targeted Talbot with their best player, and went front to back quickly. No messing about, run with it attack the defender and then pass.

I thought they looked a very useful side'

Great display, terrible reffing and line displays in the second half, no penalty from where I was in the West.

Chesterfield one of the nastiest, niggling, cheating sides I have seen in a long time, so pleased we outplays them and didn't allow their diving and snide interrupt the. Cuff off dirty northern scum, really hope they don't cheat there way up.

Back