• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agree pretty much with most of the ratings, its hard to single out anyone player for particular praise. As a TEAM we are playing as well as I can remember for a long while, some of the one touch stuff and midfield running off the ball is just a joy to watch.
Togetherness and a total belief in each other, along with a "work for each other" ethic could just make it our season.

Committed, skillful, energetic, togetherness sums it up rather well. It is a long time that I have seen a Southend team play with so much confidence and ability. Some of the football was outstanding today, especially the set up for Lenny's goal, Corrs finish and O'neills pass for the first goal. To think that the likes of Eastwood, Laird, Clifford and Thompson can't get in the staring line up shows what a quality team PB has now assembled. I honestly think that with the confidence that the team must have at the moment, promotion must be very possible and the team has nothing to fear ahead of the Hull game. I have a gut feeling that we will beat Hull next week!

Just seen the highlights on the Football League show, bloke was going down for the "penalty" before he was even tackled. Dirtiest side I have seen for ages. Great goals for us.

Just seen the highlights on the Football League show, bloke was going down for the "penalty" before he was even tackled. Dirtiest side I have seen for ages. Great goals for us.

....and further to the FL show used to think Claridge was ok, patronising bellend just now.

NEVER a penalty, ridiculous decision, as said he was falling over before he was touched !! They tried to use every trick in the book today to get a result.

Shocking pen decision. He'd blown for it before Roberts had even gone down. Fantastic save.

Shocking pen decision. He'd blown for it before Roberts had even gone down. Fantastic save.

Thought as much from my view in the West Stand. Roberts was looking for it and the ref lapped it up. I also thought one of the linos had a really poor game yesterday.

Agree with almost everything you've said , but it was a 100% penalty all day long.
Took his leg away , right in front of the ref.
Nobody argued at all

After watching the match highlights, I stand by my thoughts on the penalty. I may have been 90 yards away but I could see from threr that there was no contact

I can't wait for the hightlight this evening and see it again!! As for Chesterfield, apart from us, they still have to play the top 9 side, next Tuesday, they got Rochdale next.

THought it was a penalty at the time, but then I was in East Blacks.

Seeing it on the Football league show it was very very soft.

I was in W Block and I thought he tripped over the ball. The one in the first half looked like a pen, though (although I was a long way from it)..

Back