• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

White is OK just dislocated will be back in 2 days

Big worry for me is Phil Brown, with what he has done in less than a year i can see a bigger club going for him again

I'd like to think that wouldn't be a worry until at least the summer. Having promotions on your CV will always help him get work again in the future

The magic of the Cup!
Wednesday was good but today’s game was epic.
And before I overlook it special mention to The Blue Voice for great noise from start to finish; also mentions for the electrician and the officials who did their jobs properly.
We started with purpose and a refreshing flow and some goal menace that push M’wall onto the back foot from the start. Mr Brown had been as good as his word and had a tinker with resting Hursty , CW and MP AND the starting 11 played up to the crowd as required.
Dan 8, did all that was needed, kicked well.
JW 8 solid, much better game.
Luke 8 good game.
Thommie 8 assured, good headers.
Ben Coker 8+, back to his best and moved forward well.
Lennie 9, the master of midfield! Goal!!!!!
Tims 8+, great work, great goal, team player personified. Goal!!!!
Strakes 8, who has been impersonating him in the last 2 games? The M’wall right back will have nightmares about playing Ant!
Atko, 8, hard hard work, great composure for his goal.
CC, 7+, worked hard
Barry 9, lead the line, took no nonsense from the defenders, Goal!!!!

Subs; Mark Laird, Fred and MP all 7 and very steady,

Great atmosphere, those that didn’t get along missed the game of the last 4/5 seasons. UTB!

Bentley first touch was a fumble on the edge of the box. Mind you, he was probably freezing!

A great performance from all of the players , plus sat in the East today and had 5 Dutch men sitting behind us who had flown in to watch an English FA cup game and their first ever English game and they were amazed how good we were also said Corr would be great in the Dutch Premier league .

Excellent display from our guys MOM for me Lenny - Struggling for words as this was so good!. Well done to all - we had to be on our game to win today & we were - we totally out bossed them even when they had 11!.
To summarise - Display -amazing. Sending off - bit harsh for me - yes Easter was naughty but there was no harm done.
Bailey hopefully very gutted the silly boy - gave us a goal, got booked & was outclassed by Lenny.
Good to see Strakes & Coker linking up well again & Special mention for Adam Thompson - with no Kiernan I thought we'd be in trouble but Thommo & Prosser coped very well.

I take it you didn't see what happened then...he stamped on Coker. Okay, it wasn't a full on vicious assualt (like Frank Sinclair's a few seasons ago) ...he gave the ref no choice but to send him off.

I take it you didn't see what happened then...he stamped on Coker. Okay, it wasn't a full on vicious assualt (like Frank Sinclair's a few seasons ago) ...he gave the ref no choice but to send him off.

Exactly this. Ball had gone and there was no need for Easter to do it. Red card all day

That's why I'm keen to see it again. Looked like his boot hit Coker's head for sure as both players traveled forward in inertia but it didn't look anything like a stamp from where I was sitting. I could well be wrong but it seemed unfortunate to me more than vicious.

DWB's usually wrong so we'll see.

That's why I'm keen to see it again. Looked like his boot hit Coker's head for sure as both players traveled forward in inertia but it didn't look anything like a stamp from where I was sitting. I could well be wrong but it seemed unfortunate to me more than vicious.

DWB's usually wrong so we'll see.

Lol...Thanks

For the red card I had a good view and Ben beat Easter to the ball and Easter went for a stamp and then had second thoughts and tried to pull out of it but still landed his studs on him. In short he initially had the assault intent but then he had the sense to realise it would be naughty BUT too late, RED all day.

Thougt the guy who shooved Straker in the chest was lucky to stay on or at least escape with a booking...but nothing! I'm sure I've seen ours sent off for less in the past.

Back