• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just one more highlight from yesterday, After treating Coker on the West side touchline, Ben Clarkson instead of taking the option of walking back to the dugouts via the South side and past our support, walked back via the North knowing full well he was going to get dogs abuse from the Neanderthals, took the flak and gave it back!! Got to love that guy
Agree, Ben is a proper member of the team, well respected & top bloke.

There were some joyous moments yesterday, but I'll just leave it at this. I watched the game with my bro' - known here as 'Tangled Up In Blue.' It was wondrous to witness BBBC put that first goal in and see my bro' acknowledge the great man. Then in the bar afterwards he acknowledged how good Luke Prosser was, so I asked if he might recant on SZ. I was advised that he doesn't recant "for anything." Happy days.

Difficult to remember when I last saw us play better at Roots Hall, everybody was on their game and difficult to pick a MOTM. Had me wondering if Millwall were really poor or we were top drawer, a bit of both I think, for sure Millwall were not up for the fight and totally embarrassed Neil Harris and their notorious supporters.

Bentley 8 - Did not have a speck of mud on him in the boggy South goal when the lights went out, says it all!
White 8 - Had the tricky Lee Martin in the first half to mark, he lasted 45 mins, says it all!
Thompson 8 - Well done young man, best game for SUFC
Prosser 8 - My, how he has come along since he first joined us as a nervous novice in 2010
Coker 8 - Plays better with Straker permanently in front of him, confident of cover when advancing.
Clifford 8 - Did the hard graft in midfield, constantly chasing and harrying in a disciplined manner
Leonard 8.5 - Outstanding, pulled the strings and full of confidence.
Timlin 8.5 - All over the pitch and delighted he got on the score sheet finally.
Atkinson 9 - Fantastic on the right, what he lacks over Hurst in delivery, better in energy, workrate and running with the ball
Corr 8.5 - Simple, absolute warrior, so much work up top on his own and a great header for a deserved goal.
Straker 9 - MOTM just, keeps going every game, head never drops even when getting dogs abuse from the minority. Sublime yesterday.

Laird 6 - Lost confidence?, kept passing backwards for his first 15 mins.
Eastwood 6.5 - Did not seem comfortable on the slippy surface.
Phillips 6.5 - Only on for last 5 mins as cover for the skipper.

Looking forward to Plymouth next week, consistency is key. Some difficult selection problems which is nice and add to that also expected to see something of Gomis yesterday. UTB

Laird did what he always does, first-time passes to the spare man which keeps the opposition running, tackling back and always being in space. was only on for short time but exactly what we needed to stop 3-1 becoming 3-2 and pressure mount...

Just one more highlight from yesterday, After treating Coker on the West side touchline, Ben Clarkson instead of taking the option of walking back to the dugouts via the South side and past our support, walked back via the North knowing full well he was going to get dogs abuse from the Neanderthals, took the flak and gave it back!! Got to love that guy
To be fair, a lot of the Millwall supporters were clapping him as he went past, certainly those over towards the east side. Think there was a smidgeon of respect amongst them. Very typical of Ben though, it's rare you see him walk back round the south end.

To be fair, a lot of the Millwall supporters were clapping him as he went past, certainly those over towards the east side. Think there was a smidgeon of respect amongst them. Very typical of Ben though, it's rare you see him walk back round the south end.

Any time the fans are directing abuse at Ben they're ignoring their own team. Smart stuff from Ben, and he obviously has a thick skin!

To set the record straight 20 minutes was lost due to floodlight failure and not 15 as most of the media outlets were saying.

Back